Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Ruben Bolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Effort meets effort

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

“Hm, I sure have done a lot of these ‘gun violence is not because of guns’ cartoons the last few years. Oh well probably doesn’t mean anything. DEBT!”

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Huh I keep drawing what i say is the real cause of shootings as the completely innocent gun. Why is that?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Plus the obvious issue of "they will refuse to do anything about all the other poo poo they're pointing at as the problem." So if they won't fix any of the (alleged) root causes, then gently caress it, we'll take away the thing people use to do all the killing.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

Huh I keep drawing what i say is the real cause of shootings as the completely innocent gun. Why is that?

Here are the "real" causes of mass shootings, drawn as the items I am implacably opposed to interfering with in any way

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Sunak’s plan to defend against spy balloons – ‘People should be reassured that we have all the capabilities in place to keep the country safe,’ said the prime minister on Monday"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Hammer blow for Tories as ex-Cameron skills tsar declares: Labour is now the party of business

Times:

Banksy’s Valentine mural dismantled hours after appearance in Margate

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer: ‘Jeremy Corbyn will not stand for Labour at general election’

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

RBA Governor Philip Lowe faces Senate estimates. RBA boss Philip Lowe defends record bank profits as he flags further rate hikes (ABC).

Wilcox:

NSW premier Dominic Perrottet. Premier won’t say if he will back ban on gay conversion practices (SMH).

Knight:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews. More than 80,000 Victorians on elective surgery waitlist as COVID 'decimates' planned surgery sector (ABC). Also one of the big projects of the Andrews government is the removal of level crossings.

Spooner:

With the opposition resolving to block the carbon safeguard mechanism the government needs the Greens to pass it. Greens will back safeguard mechanism revamp if Labor bans new coal and gas projects (Guardian).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

After reading a bit more, it might be tied to either the fact that a woman caught up in the accident had a miscarriage, or that he's gay, either coupled with the fact that he's likely at fault as early testing found cocaine in his system.

Thanks for doing the legwork. It doesn't quite explain the dildo-plow though.

I've been super busy with the term ending so sorry for the delay.

China Daily

14/2

Angry valentine by Song Chen

15/2

Lifting sanctions by Cai Meng

Le Monde

14/2

Police Américain/American Police by Micaël as seen in La Croix l’hebdo

by Chappatte from Switzerland
Pension reform
"The street fights are doubling, in the National Assembly."

15/2

La guerre de ballons/The Balloon War by Rodrigo from Portugal

Weather Balloon
"I think they're making fun of us now!"

by Osama Hajjaj from Jordan

Charlie Hebdo

Valentine's Day: Khamenei plays match-maker
"A necklace to all my princesses."

:nws: A penis in a cast and balls.

Palmade... has finally made us laugh.
My wife tells me the drugs he were on were for 'chemsex' that is drugs that make him sex and also gently caress him up. Again I'm not following this story at all so sorry for the vagueness.

:nws: Naked flesh lamp.

Mengele, a misunderstood doctor
"The Fuhrer, brilliant as they are, is sometimes such a terf."
"I'm turning off the light."
I don't know why they're writing about it, but CH is claiming Mengele was a supporter of trans-individuals (so by proxy they are bad). Regarding the translation the French text makes use of gendered endings to make a point of how people write in French to be gender neutral, an issue that English avoids for the most part.

Ukraine is going to rob us: France robbed, held up, pillaged by modern warfare but France will reinvent itself for the war of tomorrow.
Goodbye sniper, Hello bayonet/Goodbye Rafale a jet, Hello Ecologically-friendly drone/Goodbye Cesar Cannon, Hello Nicolas Fueillatte a champagne brand/Goodbye anti-tank mines, Hello ethical and solidary mines; Last Renovation/Goodbye Special Forces, Hello Commandos with the right to be lazy/Goodbye Leclerc Tank, Hello CGT Tank

Charle Hebdo under the rubble of messages
After publishing Juin's drawing on 6/2 on social media internet-users rediscovered Charlie under the rubble in Turkey.
I won't be translating the tweets, which all disaparage or disown CH, just wanted to show some of the reaction they got.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Incoming Raquel Welch obits cartoons....

The_Other fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 15, 2023

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

yes the UK should model its military spending on a great example of sensible budget decisions in that area, the United States

it's fine, maybe he just doesn't know how to say "policy"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CiK9AX9Si8

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MechaCrash posted:

Plus the obvious issue of "they will refuse to do anything about all the other poo poo they're pointing at as the problem." So if they won't fix any of the (alleged) root causes, then gently caress it, we'll take away the thing people use to do all the killing.

Of course not, if they fix anything then what will they blame gun violence on?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Ben is horny again

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ben really knows how to draw a juicy dumper. More sexual than all the aoc ones or the greta thunberg bdsm one.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

"News item: Democrats more fun, modern than Republicans. Film at 11:00."

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ah yes, unclear fiscal policy is the one and only reason companies are gouging.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Why have just one sock puppet character when you can have a chorus of them?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Adenoid Dan posted:

It seems like an incredibly hamfisted way to insist upon what most politoonists do: that their opinions are actually super popular and everyone believes them. It's why Stantis's mouthpiece isn't a white man in his 50s. Or why Ramirez draws comics of black families telling crazy white leftists "uh, actually, segregation is good and we'd love it".

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Funnily enough, most classified documents are files they are working on from home office or actual printer instructions, cause that stuff is labeled as NDA for some reason.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I hate it when i walk through town and there's four to six people standing uncomfortably close to each other shouting political hot takes four words at a time at anyone who will listen

Just keep walking, don't look them in the eye

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Hitch literally just does jokes that could be a tweet, and then has fairground caricatures say it

Just no visual joke at all, no need for this medium to be used

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

When your teacher is actually a Pixar mom

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mordaedil posted:

Funnily enough, most classified documents are files they are working on from home office or actual printer instructions, cause that stuff is labeled as NDA for some reason.

My guess would be good old fashioned laziness.

It's easier to just tag everything as Secret than to actually scroll through every page and only put it on the pages that have Actual Information on them.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Stiglich really captures the best part of admiring art: standing an inch away from the frame, staring straight ahead.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like how he included the Department of Transportation seal there, to kinda deflect the question of "where the gently caress is he admiring a giant portrait of the captain of the Titanic?" The Department of Transportation Museum, "Disasters of Transport" exhibit (lvl 2, next to vending)

Adenoid Dan posted:

What drives me nuts is his faces are so "stylized" that I keep trying and failing to tell if they're meant to be notable people or just randos

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 16, 2023

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

Steve Benson

Benson very cleverly getting around trademark by misspelling super bowl.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

This is like a PowerUp Comic that was abandoned halfway through a gentrification program

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Weird, I was assured for decades that Republicans thought toxic chemical spills and ecological disasters and communities not having clean air or drinking water was actually no big deal. Guess this one's unique somehow.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

It’s like a display of compulsive caricaturing. There’s not just the five heads he needs for two sentences, there’s also the non-speaking head in the bottom-left, one edging up from the bottom-right, and someone’s hair drifting in from the left. Picturing his drawing table just covered in leering faces that he can’t stop from doodling.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

It's like someone made that google Deep Dream thing make faces and it just wouldn't stop.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Neito posted:

It's like someone made that google Deep Dream thing make faces and it just wouldn't stop.

Once somebody said earlier that it reminded them of a bunch of baby birds in a nest yelling to be fed I haven't been able to unsee it

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nicola Sturgeon’s exit – Scottish first minister steps down after eight years at the helm, during which time she crossed swords with five prime ministers"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Raquel Welch, actor and 1960s sex symbol, dies aged 82

Bonus! Rowson retweeted this and I thought this thread might like it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia’s unemployment rate climbs to 3.7% in January, higher than economists expected (Guardian). "Succession of interest rate rises by the RBA trims jobs growth as unemployment jumps to its highest level since May 2022".

Rowe:

Knight:

RBA governor Philip Lowe in front of Senate estimates.

Katauskas:

Leak, Son of Leak:

This is the reaction in cartoon form that conservatives are giving to the government offering permanent visas to refugees who were in Australia before 2013 so they can start building lives here.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Worst Two Things Happened Comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

there's the kind of cartoon that is obviously, in-your-face, made with no thought or ability to tell a joke, and then there's this sort that creep up on you. "so wrong" isn't even like, a joke or anything? it's just a cow disagreeing with another? they're scottish cows because this is the one thing the cartoonist knows about Scotland. it has a type of cow in it. one of them is saying "och" and the other is saying "aye". the substance of the criticism here: "she was wrong". that's it. that's the great satirical point being made. which has nothing to do with anything else. not even a hint of what she might have been wrong about. top tier cartooning

e: still better two cows than five horrific yelling carnival caricatures i'll give him that

this is great though. may we all aim to be the kind of person who pisses off the scowling grumps who populate Blower cartoons

Angepain fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 16, 2023