Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

whypick1 posted:

The mods remember you, Fistergraves. Your probe will be much celebrated.

Hard times call for Hard R's. If you were in my position, you'd post exactly the same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

theshim posted:

because I am extraordinarily stupid I bought a fractured +2 arrows bow

I will spend the rest of the league farming for deafening contempts until I get a good bow or, much more likely, burn out

That one I posted earlier was 30 div for the base, and I've thrown ~30 div of essences at it without hitting yet :D Good luck!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Nur_Neerg posted:

That one I posted earlier was 30 div for the base, and I've thrown ~30 div of essences at it without hitting yet :D Good luck!
funny you should say that:

it's done

I landed on t2 phys % and one junk suffix, did some math, and found that veiled chaos pen is approximately equivalent to t4 hybrid phys%, and I was sick of throwing essences at it, so I went for it

it took a couple aisling slams, a bunch of reforge speeds, and a fuckton of divines on prefixes cannot be changed, but I think this thing is pretty nice!

pob puts it as equivalent to a 720 pdps bow without chaos pen

it's not As Good As It Could Be if I were a sicko and kept rolling for t1 hybrid and getting lucky or something, but it's still a drat good bow that (aside from the fracture) I made myself, and I'm pretty proud of it!

I might end up trying to divine it a little bit more but honestly that's really expensive and I now need to buy all the other gear for the character and level it up (though I did get some help from a couple goons who were done with the league - much appreciated, you guys)

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

funny you should say that:

it's done

I landed on t2 phys % and one junk suffix, did some math, and found that veiled chaos pen is approximately equivalent to t4 hybrid phys%, and I was sick of throwing essences at it, so I went for it

it took a couple aisling slams, a bunch of reforge speeds, and a fuckton of divines on prefixes cannot be changed, but I think this thing is pretty nice!

pob puts it as equivalent to a 720 pdps bow without chaos pen

it's not As Good As It Could Be if I were a sicko and kept rolling for t1 hybrid and getting lucky or something, but it's still a drat good bow that (aside from the fracture) I made myself, and I'm pretty proud of it!

I might end up trying to divine it a little bit more but honestly that's really expensive and I now need to buy all the other gear for the character and level it up (though I did get some help from a couple goons who were done with the league - much appreciated, you guys)

Are you intending to use it w/ Original Sin, or what build?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Nur_Neerg posted:

Are you intending to use it w/ Original Sin, or what build?
Yep, cold conversion Tornado Shot with my Original Sin.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
If I can be arsed to log in again I’ll donate 40 div to a meme build

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Pfft, that's not a meme build. A meme build would be my idea to use all three Ahn's items with 0 max charges that I'm totally going to make viable just you see.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

Yep, cold conversion Tornado Shot with my Original Sin.

Does the chaos pen interact with Original Sin?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah pen still works with original sin, but stuff that lowers enemy chaos resist like the helm mod does not

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah pen still works with original sin, but stuff that lowers enemy chaos resist like the helm mod does not

Is there any kind of cap on that? Would be curious how it maths

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah original sin t shot isn't a meme build, it's just a good build. albeit a very, very expensive one

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nur_Neerg posted:

Is there any kind of cap on that? Would be curious how it maths

There's a -200% hard cap for resistances, but I'm not sure if that applies to penetration (the note in the wiki about there being no limit to penetration [what a fun sentence to type] is way older than when the -200% resistance cap was put in place). You're not going to get anywhere close because there's scant few sources of chaos penetration in the game.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

whypick1 posted:

Pfft, that's not a meme build. A meme build would be my idea to use all three Ahn's items with 0 max charges that I'm totally going to make viable just you see.

GL, those items need to be updated badly. Also that's like 6 jewel slots lmao.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

External Organs posted:

GL, those items need to be updated badly. Also that's like 6 jewel slots lmao.

Nope, just 2.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

What a weird item.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Nur_Neerg posted:

Does the chaos pen interact with Original Sin?
Chaos pen is a straight more damage multiplier since OS forces nearby enemy chaos res to 0, unlike similar effects that people think of like Eternity Shroud where you ignore enemy resists. It's good enough that it beats out bows that do up to a good 100 pdps more than this one.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

Chaos pen is a straight more damage multiplier since OS forces nearby enemy chaos res to 0, unlike similar effects that people think of like Eternity Shroud where you ignore enemy resists. It's good enough that it beats out bows that do up to a good 100 pdps more than this one.

Gonna have to spend some time fussing with POB, thanks for the knowledge :D

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Reminder that Ben is better at this game than everyone in this thread combined:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH0UyxG9cGc

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
They're going to have to make Ben into an uber pinnacle boss at this rate

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I thought we already had that? You fight his drives to conquer and win, his innermost superiority to all other players, his fanatical devotion, and finally the all-consuming void at his center that just seeks to annihilate anything in front of him in hopes it will finally make him feel challenged again. And the last one is especially obvious because just like IRL Ben Sirus shoots disintegrating lasers from his palms.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Is the game fun again, yet?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's pretty good.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Apple Craft posted:

Game is in a great state right now and the current league got extended till April sometime so there is still plenty of time left to hop in.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

They're going to have to make Ben into an uber pinnacle boss at this rate

If you're seriously trying to race and win some money, he kinda is already.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

phosdex posted:

If you're seriously trying to race and win some money, he kinda is already.

watching that video is great to demonstrate this because it's just a list of all the bounties Ben won, then - here's this singular bounty Havoc won, that actually was submitted by Ben himself which is totally why he didn't win it. the bounty submitters may as well just set up a direct deposit for him for next gauntlet

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Apple Craft posted:

J posted:

Game is in a great state right now and the current league got extended till April sometime so there is still plenty of time left to hop in.

Basically this. Assuming your last post corresponds to the last league you played, Expedition was...a bit rough game balance wise. But since then we've gotten 2 new endgame bosses to go alongside Maven (along with 2 sub-bosses, one of those being the bar-none worst boss fight in the game), a once-again revamped Atlas tree (this version owns bones), reworks on a few Ascendancies (Trickster is actually good now), a complete revamp of rare monster mods that was then mostly reverted because it loving tanked the game hard last league (far worse than the changes during Expedition with a double whammy of the league mechanic being underwhelming as gently caress), as well as the usual new skills and balance changes and what not.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Divines are now exalts

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

CaptainLance and Ruetoo? I think? are doing a challenge right now where every day they dream up a new 10 div build and try to kill Ubers with it. Some neat builds have resulted already, but even cooler imo is seeing gear interactions I had never considered before. For instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQfEVdtz-oI

has me now dreaming up a Smite Champ for next league (assuming they don't nerf Champ lol) using Mahuwhatever shield and Doryani's Prototype.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

Divines are now exalts

pfft, minor detail

Still rather rude they didn't give us div shards

Traitorous Leopard posted:

CaptainLance and Ruetoo? I think? are doing a challenge right now where every day they dream up a new 10 div build and try to kill Ubers with it.

Lance, Rue, Tripolarbear and Crouching_Tuna, as per the spreadsheet (although those last 2 appear to be lazy bums).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 20, 2023

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

whypick1 posted:

pfft, minor detail

Still rather rude they didn't give us div shards

Lance, Rue, Tripolarbear and Crouching_Tuna, as per the spreadsheet (although those last 2 appear to be lazy bums).

I was watching Rue doing ubers with the bladetrap build, it was pretty insane. Fully dot capped.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

lamentable dustman posted:

I was watching Rue doing ubers with the bladetrap build, it was pretty insane. Fully dot capped.

The blade trap build was mostly him testing a variation on Jung's gauntlet build. Turns out blade trap is good, but Ben is just OP.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
made it to 90 in gauntlet on a fire trap 4link :toot:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Only made it to 73 on a CA/TR PF. Kinda ran out of steam Saturday and didn't even play yesterday.

Oh well, still my best Gauntlet performance as I actually made it to maps this time.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've learned that I do not enjoy paying attention to things when playing path of exile, I much prefer to turn my brain off and yeet myself at monsters

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

inset posted:

I've learned that I do not enjoy paying attention to things when playing path of exile, I much prefer to turn my brain off and yeet myself at monsters

This is the way. When GGG tries to make thinking necessary in every map, ratings go down.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Guilty: I just click random poo poo on my betrayal board, can't be hosed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Same deal with Incursion. I always kill the guy on the right and then run around clockwise for opening doors.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think it's more efficient to always upgrade guys in incursion rather than switching them anyway

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

I think it's more efficient to always upgrade guys in incursion rather than switching them anyway

Are the upgrade guys always on the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

External Organs posted:

Are the upgrade guys always on the right?

No but they are the ones with the up arrow on the minimap

I also always do the left and right exits first so I can switchback up the pyramid and hit every room, it usually works