Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you're fine playing on PC/Steam Deck, Chrono Trigger goes on sale for like <$10 and is easily worth a playthrough. Hell, emulating the SNES version is fine too, other than the new translation and the anime cutscenes from the PS1 version, the added stuff from the DS version ranges from mediocre to utter garbage,

Hell, maybe someday SE will actually port the drat game to the Switch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope they never port it and port every obscure game they have first

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I may just play through it soon and then flip it as well. $300 covers a bunch of switch games and or the majority of the rumored Zelda switch addition.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kvlt! posted:

what is this threads fav case for making the switch comfy, i have the OLED model and play mostly in handheld and wow my hands/fingers hurt bc its kinda awkward to hold

Switch and Co gripcase, period

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Len posted:

It involves a phone call to tech support, they'll ask some questions and then be able to remove your 2fa.

Assuming you didn't lose everything in a fire then they tell you to gently caress off :wtc:

Ok thanks! I swear I saved the screen shot of the codes but :shrug:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

External Organs posted:

Wondering what else to get with a Voucher in addition to TotK. I never played Luigi's Mansion 3...might be a fun one. I've already got Dread, Kirby, Splatoon, Botw, Odyssey among others. Did y'all like LM3? Its got a multiplayer mode, right?

Pikmin 4, how is this a question?

But really if you want to get something now I'd either get one of the Fire Emblem's or hold out for Advance Wars if you like strategy, or Pikmin 3 (though it has gone on sale) but again just wait for Pikmin 4.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

MarcusSA posted:

How much of a pain is it to get 2FA removed from your Nintendo account? Apparently when I migrated to my new phone my google authentication app didn’t migrate my Nintendo codes (it did for discord and others though) and I can’t for the life of me find the screen shot of the backup codes I took.

They took care of it for me in about 2 minutes. Asked about my card's last 4 digits and then what my recent purchases are.

Edit: In contrast Microsoft put me on like a 60 day wait list.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Final update: The transfer went well! It's got my saves (that I tried) and now it's redownloading eveything! Only problem is my secondary accounts are unlinked to a Nintendo Account, but I think I can fix that by using child accounts?

Also lmao console asked me for an "update" after inserting the old SD card, Nintendo really didn't want to take the chance of someone pirating through SD carrds again.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Pretty sure you can just copy between SD cards without any problem as long as it's the same console. Everything important to Nintendo is encrypted with a console-specific key.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Chronojam posted:

Pretty sure you can just copy between SD cards without any problem as long as it's the same console. Everything important to Nintendo is encrypted with a console-specific key.

Yeah, the pop up explicitly said it only would delete games. And it did, it kept pics and poo poo.

What I meant was Nintendo really didn't want SD piracy so besides forcing you to delete games from the SD card it also forced an update (when I had just updated the console to start it) just to make sure you don't put the SD card in an old version with a possible exploit.

EDIT: Also people didn't lie, it's gonna take a while to redownload but thankfully I can leave it all night. And maybe try wired? Does it autoconnect by Ethernet or do I need to fiddle on TV mode, if anyone knows?

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 17, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1626361846105268224

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Thanks for posting this, got one ordered :cool: 4-9 business days shipping, but better than fuckin mid March

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

LionArcher posted:

I just looked it up and the wii u copies for Twilight Princess and Wind Waker regularly go for $100 each on Ebay. I have both, but my Wii U died, and those games are easy to emulate on modern stuff (including macs!) I also have a DS copy in box of Crono trigger, and that also goes for a $100, but I've never played it and kind of want to, so I think I'll keep it. I think I might just flip those zelda's and use the money to buy more switch games physically. :getin:

[sweats and looks nervously at my own copy]

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LionArcher posted:

I just looked it up and the wii u copies for Twilight Princess and Wind Waker regularly go for $100 each on Ebay. I have both, but my Wii U died, and those games are easy to emulate on modern stuff (including macs!) I also have a DS copy in box of Crono trigger, and that also goes for a $100, but I've never played it and kind of want to, so I think I'll keep it. I think I might just flip those zelda's and use the money to buy more switch games physically. :getin:
TP maybe, WWHD is closer to $60.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
lmao hell yeah nOS broke into the best sellers on the eShop

We did it you guys

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

KingSlime posted:

lmao hell yeah nOS broke into the best sellers on the eShop

We did it you guys

Yeah, I only wasted $2 on it instead of $40.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Pikmin 4, how is this a question?

But really if you want to get something now I'd either get one of the Fire Emblem's or hold out for Advance Wars if you like strategy, or Pikmin 3 (though it has gone on sale) but again just wait for Pikmin 4.

I've not really gotten into a Pikmin really. I think I had 2 on the Wii(?) And I just don't remember doing much with it at all.

I did love Tinykin though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

External Organs posted:

I've not really gotten into a Pikmin really. I think I had 2 on the Wii(?) And I just don't remember doing much with it at all.

I recommend trying it again.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

American McGay posted:

TP maybe, WWHD is closer to $60.

poo poo, I just checked and you're right. Still $160 for two games I can't play isn't bad. That's Tears of the Kingdom and the physical copy of Prime remastered and Advanced wars!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

External Organs posted:

I want to play the Pikmin series finally. A friend told me that Pikmin 2 is the best one by far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I want to play the Pikmin series finally. A friend told me that Pikmin 2 is the best one by far.

Ok, so.... They're all good (the main entries, at least). Pikmin 2 is usually considered the best, though some people hate the underground stuff. Pikmins 1 and 3 have time limits, but the time limit in 3 is absolutely laughable. Essentially, the missions are done 1 per day, no matter what. Your team consumes one "fruit juice" at the end of every day. However, during your expeditions, you come across a bunch of fruit that's later turned into juice. While the fruit IS finite, each one makes multiple bottles of juice, so as long as you're not literally wasting days upon days without progressing whatsoever, you'll have way more juice than you know what to do with.

Pikmin 2 has none of this, and while every game has the same sort of day/night cycle, Pikmin 2 goes on for however long you want it to.

Pikmin 1 has a hard limit at something like 29 or 30 days. But really, once you grasp the concept and controls, you'll fly through it. They're all great, but I do love Pikmin 3 maybe the most. The single player is great, the campaign can be done 100% co-op, there are a bunch of single player and multiplayer missions unlocked afterwards, AND it's got a pretty fun meta bingo 1v1 multiplayer mode.

Also, it's gorgeous. They all are, but 3 is updated for the Switch and looks great.

I am so excited for Pikmin 4.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

are all pikmins on switch??

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

are all pikmins on switch??

No, just 3.

This should be fixed, but isn't.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pikmin 2 is great but I’d probably put Pikmin 1 above it tbqh. A lot of the systems in Pikmin were inherently built with time management in mind (carrying things back to this ship, busting down walls, etc.) so 2 using repurposing those mechanics for a combat-heavy dungeon crawler with no time limit is kinda an awkward fit in certain areas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They should make the time limit for all Pikmin games optional.
Since it doesn't really factor in to 3, it shouldn't be there at all.

Sometimes I just wanna fart around with my little friends and not make any progress!!!

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Yeah, Pikmin 2 is still fun but I think the series is strongest when you have a time limit, and you have a reason to multitask and split up your army. The caves with frozen time and no reinforcements encourage you to go slow and do as much as possible as one big group, which I don't think is where Pikmin's gameplay really shines.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Oh thank god, thanks for the heads up! I was just despairing over not pre-ordering a copy for pickup when I had the chance - I had the Best Buy window open and everything!

Sucks that I'll have to wait for it to ship instead of picking it up on the 22nd at BB but at least I've got a copy with my name on it now :)

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

beat my score

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

drat, that rules! My highest so far is 94.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
kuru kuru kururin is so good i'm playing the japan-only sequel now, kururin paradise. the gameplay is simple, navigating a rotating stick through mazes, but so entrancing

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

External Organs posted:

As people said try it again maybe. Pikmin 3 has a demo. It's a very clever puzzle platformer and from what I saw of Tinykin it's not dissimilar. There's a fair amount more of combat and there will be unavoidable fights, but generally the idea is using the lil' guys to open up the map and get more loot.

If not that if you like strategy Engage seems to be very good and Advance Wars is just around the corner. Or do like me. Get a voucher and just sit on it. They're good for a year and you don't know what'll be released.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

How much of a pain is it to get 2FA removed from your Nintendo account? Apparently when I migrated to my new phone my google authentication app didn’t migrate my Nintendo codes (it did for discord and others though) and I can’t for the life of me find the screen shot of the backup codes I took.

Yeah it was a few back and forths with tech support for me, starting in the website chat and ending in email. I needed to give them my serial code and the names of the last three games I'd purchased.

They told me to put 2FA right back on once I had access to my account again, but I'm never doing that again with the Google Authenticator.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, all night was enough to redownload everything I guess.

It's a bit annoying you can't also queue updates for games you have physical but oh well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bug Squash posted:

Yeah it was a few back and forths with tech support for me, starting in the website chat and ending in email. I needed to give them my serial code and the names of the last three games I'd purchased.

They told me to put 2FA right back on once I had access to my account again, but I'm never doing that again with the Google Authenticator.

Google authenticator sucks poo poo, I use authy.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Just got a final quick travel method in Phoenotopia and I feel things are really coming together and yet it's also wildly opening up. Took care of some odds and ends but I'm still at a loss for the clearly labeled trade quest but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Game is still great.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Looper posted:

kuru kuru kururin is so good i'm playing the japan-only sequel now, kururin paradise. the gameplay is simple, navigating a rotating stick through mazes, but so entrancing

You should play noted goon project Roundabout (no Switch version sadly) if you want more rotating goodness.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Welp, I best Metroid Prime. Loved it. Turns out, 20 years ago, I must've stopped at the Omega Pirate and never picked it up again, which while a shame, allowed me to play the end of the game for the first time now.

Also, I could have sworn I had played MP2, but I started it last night and didn't recognize anything.

After 2, I'll go onto 3 and finally get through it all. When I played it initially, I was sort of excited for using the Wii controls, but they got old REALLY quickly. I ended up getting stuck somewhere and put it down, and months later I sold it. I think it was this disappointment that made me skip over the Prime Trilogy back in the day, but I'm kind of thankful for that, since I'm playing through them all now and so far loving it.

Edit: I remember seeing the planet name Elysia in MP3, and then somehow seeing that word or a slight variation on it for years and years. Of course, right now, I can't think of any examples except for the movie Elysium, but whenever I'd see either word, I'd immediately be reminded of how I never finished Prime 3.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 17, 2023

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Welp, I best Metroid Prime. Loved it. Turns out, 20 years ago, I must've stopped at the Omega Pirate and never picked it up again

:confused: you mean you saw the best cutscene in the game (the omega pirate suddenly toppling over and squashing Samus) and you stopped?

I haven't noticed anyone complaining about the artifact hunt at the end of the game...I recall that was a minor point of contention when the game first came out

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like that they kept Samus' mature look from the original

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I haven't noticed anyone complaining about the artifact hunt at the end of the game...I recall that was a minor point of contention when the game first came out

The artifact hunt in Prime 2 is one for the ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I am enjoying replaying Metroid Prime but if I have to trek through Magmoor to get from one place to another one more time I will scream