Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Kith posted:

i hope that LW doesn't get crafting patterns because i don't care in the least about any of its guns

its origin trait would have to be loving incredible to get my attention

i like the starry accents and sleek shapes of the guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Panderfringe posted:

i like the starry accents and sleek shapes of the guns.

oh they're gorgeous for sure, but their archetypes do nothing for me. the only one i MIGHT be interested in is Supremacy since it'd make a better boss beatstick than Succession, but if Praedyth's Revenge gets a pattern, then Supremacy's only hope of competing is a suite of absolutely incredible perks capable of outperforming Rewind Rounds and i just don't see that happening

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Last Wish Crafting/Origin traits would almost certainly come with hefty perk refreshes to make them a little more exciting for the current sandbox.

That said you have:
Lightweight Pulse
Rapid Sniper
High Impact Scout
Void High Impact AR
Arc Adaptive HC
Arc Adaptive Fusion
Solar Lightweight Bow
Solar Adaptive RL

Nothing stands out to me as a "Oh I really want a good one of those" - but maybe the new Void Perk on the AR? Don't think there's any fusions with volt shot yet. I'm not really creative/knowledgable enough to be aware of any other obvious perk options that would make these guns exciting.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kith posted:

you keep saying this despite constantly being given evidence to the contrary and i'm not sure why

you know when people keep predicting the end of the world and after their predictions come and go they just say "oh, here is new evidence to push the date out. I wasn't wrong!!!" Something like that.

Sony paid billions of dollars for Destiny. Not for whatever else Bungie is doing, they paid billions of dollars for the 4th or 5th largest live service game on the planet. Everything else is sprinkles.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah what do we have here....

Chattering Bone - there are very few lightweight pulse rifles period, and this is the only kinetic one
Supremacy - lot of overlap with the Vault of Glass sniper which is also a rapid kinetic
Transfiguration - We don't have any other kinetic high-impact scouts, currently

Age-Old Bond - Very few void auto rifles available. Only Gnawing Hunger (Xur's mercy) and Reckless Oracle (Garden of Salvation) and neither of them are High Impact like the AOB
Nation of Beasts - There are so goddamn many Arc Hand Cannons already, including the Dreaming City one and the Crucible one which are currently/readily available and the same archetype
Techeun Force - There are a lot of arc fusion rifles but most of them are Xur's now (Main Ingredient, Exile's Curse, Hollow Words) or out of rotation (Plug One.1). The two more available ones are both High Impact (Wizened & Midha's) and one is even craftable, but this would be the first craftable Adaptive fusion
Tyranny of Heaven - There's already a solar bow (strident whistle) which is focus-able at Zavala, but it's a precision whereas this is a lightweight. We'd have craftable bows of all 3 elements

Apex Predator - Adaptives are good, and this is the only solar adaptive rocket. The original perk pool sucked balls but if they gave it a good one this would be a great weapon.

These guns would actually fill in quite a few holes in the available weapons, but.. they're all gonna need some perk refreshes to be worth a drat

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I am a sucker and bought the Witch Queen deluxe edition since it was on sale for 20 bucks on steam (figured since I didn't have the dungeon pass it probably wasn't too huge a waste of money since I want those cowboy hats someday). With the 1 a day red borders things going I'm going to try to get a couple of craftables from season of the Risen and Haunted. Any stand-outs if I were to get say, 1 from each of those seasons?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Berserk Titans can now RP as The Maxx

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

El Cid posted:

I am a sucker and bought the Witch Queen deluxe edition since it was on sale for 20 bucks on steam (figured since I didn't have the dungeon pass it probably wasn't too huge a waste of money since I want those cowboy hats someday). With the 1 a day red borders things going I'm going to try to get a couple of craftables from season of the Risen and Haunted. Any stand-outs if I were to get say, 1 from each of those seasons?

Ikelos SMG is perhaps one of the best weapons they put in the game. Get that first IMO.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

El Cid posted:

Kith had some good recommends earlier. Explosive Personality, Calus Mini-Tool Ikelos SMG are all my votes for "1 from each."

Kith posted:

my favorite patterns from the past seasons have been

• Risen: Piece of Mind (Kinetic Rapid Fire Pulse Rifle)
  • Risen: Explosive Personality (Solar Wave Grenade Launcher)
  • Risen: Under Your Skin (Void Precision Bow)
  • Haunted: Hollow Denial (Void Trace Rifle)
  • Haunted: Drang (Baroque) (Solar Adaptive Sidearm)
  • Haunted: CALUS Mini-Tool (Solar Lightweight SMG)
  • Plunder: Brigand's Law (Arc Rapid Fire Sidearm)
  • Seraph: Disparity (Stasis Aggressive Pulse Rifle)
  • Seraph: Path of Least Resistance (Arc Trace Rifle)
  • Seraph: Fire and Forget (Stasis Aggressive Linear Fusion)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.3 (Arc Aggressive SMG)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SG_V1.0.3 (Solar Rapid Fire Shotgun)

e: For the fun of it, my weapons over level 50:
Ammit AR2: 101
Calus Minitool: 118
Explosive Personality: 69 (nice)
Ikelos SMG: 58
Taipan: 66
Piece of Mind: 57

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 16, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lexorin posted:

Berserk Titans can now RP as The Maxx

wtf i love strand now

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RocketRaygun posted:

you know when people keep predicting the end of the world and after their predictions come and go they just say "oh, here is new evidence to push the date out. I wasn't wrong!!!" Something like that.

Sony paid billions of dollars for Destiny. Not for whatever else Bungie is doing, they paid billions of dollars for the 4th or 5th largest live service game on the planet. Everything else is sprinkles.

I don't think I have done the thing you are describing.

Regarding what Sony bought, just take the Sony CFO's word for it.

“The strategic significance of this acquisition lies not only in obtaining the highly successful Destiny franchise, as well as major new IP Bungie is currently developing but also incorporating into the Sony group the expertise and technologies Bungie has developed in the live game services space,”

Just to put some numbers into perspective, Destiny 2 rakes about $200M to $300M per year in revenue (not profit), and Activision's contract with Bungie was $500M for 10 years of development of Destiny 2.

Sony did not pay billions of dollars for Destiny 2.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

El Cid posted:

By far and away the best gun to get is Ikelos SMG (Season of the Seraph) because it's potentially the best PvP AND PvE gun, and it'll be easy to unlock that daily 'buy a redframe' upgrade for this seasonal vendor. The Disparity pulse rifle is also great for PvP

Best Risen gun is probably Piece of Mind pulse rifle (PvP) or Explosive Personality wave frame grenade launcher (PvE)

Best Haunted gun is probably Calus Mini (solar SMG) or Bump in the Night (stasis rocket) for PvE, or Beloved sniper rifle or Drang sidearm for PvP

Hard to say what the best Plunder gun is because it didn't make any waves in PvP. The sidearm, the scout, and the linear all get Voltshot which makes them eligible for Best PvE Gun In The Game, but if you get Ikelos SMG you don't need any of these quite as much.

There are a lot of good/worthy guns from each season, but those are my 'gun to your head, what's the best' picks

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

i hope that LW doesn't get crafting patterns because i don't care in the least about any of its guns

its origin trait would have to be loving incredible to get my attention

Sorta looks like a red border in the third image

https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1626247888958533635

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

Sorta looks like a red border in the third image

That's the Lightfall LMG.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
It was nice of Mr. Bungie to let F2P scum like me play the last mission.

have to lol that the critical moment was still needlessly vague. Did Rasputin succeed in blowing up the warsats? Did the Traveler do it?

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

All I want is craftable fusion rifles, give me all of them, every element/frame combo possible. More swords would be nice too, especially kind that shoots projectiles, but only after they add more fusions.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Of the Seraph Guns, Disparity the high impact stasis pulse is my go-to, especially if you want to run a stasis build since it can have headstone and it has the Hakke foundry perk to shatter stasis crystals fast

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Oxyclean posted:

That's the Lightfall LMG.

Ah

I saw LW in the OP and thought Lightfall for some reason

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Truspeaker posted:

All I want is craftable fusion rifles, give me all of them, every element/frame combo possible. More swords would be nice too, especially kind that shoots projectiles, but only after they add more fusions.

You're getting at least one, of each! The seasonal fusion and sword are both craftable

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Failson posted:

have to lol that the critical moment was still needlessly vague. Did Rasputin succeed in blowing up the warsats? Did the Traveler do it?

The entire plan was getting Rasputin admin access so he could successfully sudo rm -rf /* the Warsats (and himself), yes. The Traveler didn't do anything but move out of the Last City.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

what the gently caress

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

victrix posted:

what the gently caress

I just think it's neat.

But I had it on as my primary for a lot of raiding so it just ended up gaining a ton of levels passively. I think last season was anti-barrier AR too?

Objectively it's probably not as good as Calus, but it fills a similar niche but has better range.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I just think it's neat.

this is objectively the correct reason to use anything in Destiny

however my what the gently caress stands

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

my Lubrae's Ruin is like the only crafted weapon I regularly use and it's only lvl 71, that's some crazy poo poo lmao

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

my Headstone Syncopation-53 crossed 200 last week

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

My Taipan is almost level 69 so I'm crafting a new one

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nice

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In case anyone wonders how to check their Crafty Boy status

https://engram.blue/crafting

Man, some people really like their guns! I'm curious what these numbers will look like a year from now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I just used a DIM filter. Neat to see there's an actual tracker.

You'd be surprised how quickly you stack up levels just using a weapon naturally. I did a ton of raiding and dungeon in Plunder, and Ammit was pretty much always on my solar lock.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You get a lot of progress from an activity completion and a LOT of progress from a seasonal activity completion, it adds up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deliverance and Ammit are my 2 highest leveled guns at mid 70s. Taipan and Calisto MINI are in the 50s then everything else is in their 20 or so.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:doit:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think my Palmyra-b is about level 197 or so. Used heavy since season 1.

With inherent tracking, auto loader and chill clip it's just a convenient burst swap weapon for random anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My highest weapon is Thoughtless (season 16 sniper) at 105. My taipan is 75

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I'm on the casual end, with my highest being Planck's Stride at 38.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Calus Micropeener is at 241, next is Half-Truths at 47.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Highest is Tapian at lvl 24 by a mile.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Osteo Striga just hit lvl 333. Hoping at lvl 400 it unlocks a code to purchase a real Osteo Striga on Bungie store.

Edit: Pretty sure I went into a fugue state sometime during Witch Queen and just played everything with Osteo Striga for weeks and weeks on end. At some point I purposely put it away in the vault so I'd stop using it so much and start trying out other weapons.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 17, 2023

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Mines my level 84 Ikelos SMG. It's only going to get higher.

Oxyclean posted:

You should level it to 450 and then never use it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Forbearance is winning for me at lv91, followed by Calus Minitool (73) and Taipan (53).

Tarnished Mettle and the Ikelos SMG are climbing the ranks really fast, though. And Bump in the Night is probably my favorite rocket launcher atm.

RocketRaygun posted:

You should level it to 450 and then never use it again.

Hey, I'm in the Ammit fan camp too. Ambitious Assassin and Incandescent pair really well together.