Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

MarquiseMindfang posted:

the highest you have to count is to 4 with that method

They're multiples of 5 aren't they? At least on mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lobsterpillar posted:

They're multiples of 5 aren't they? At least on mobile.

you don't have to count up by fives since it displays the page number.
if you find a 5-star on page 9, you just do the math:
9 - 1 is 8
8 x 5 is 40
so start at the top of that one page and count "40, 41, 42, 43, 44" depending on where the 5-star is

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Explain why Alhaitham just needed to show us how he has a long-running domestic argument with his husband at the end of his quest

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
So you know you need to pull the set.

Also because he's an idiot and somehow this is faster than just answering a drat question.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Auto-sizing your text is normally an aesthetic disaster, but this is very funny.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So despite my absolute dogshit luck with character banners, I had godly luck with a cavalier 10 pull on the weapon banner.

So... who is Staff of Homa good for?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You have C1 Xiao, grats on becoming a Xiao main. (Put it on him stat)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homas the best in slot weapon for basically every spear character. even if the character doesnt have hp scaling in their kit its still free damage and an insane amount of crit dmg. literally the only characters who dont want it are people who want er from their weapons, so its like, thoma and shenhe? and i guess yunjin is the one character who doesnt actually care about any of its stats.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I didn't see this posted, but for anyone who is interested and might have missed it, there's been an update on the Elliot Gindi situation:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1626046205280112640

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Eimi posted:

You have C1 Xiao, grats on becoming a Xiao main. (Put it on him stat)

Rofl. The one character I haven't touched yet.

I've spent the last week doing some hard grinding building and leveling teams that can actually do anything - as my overworld crawl team has been Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu/Ganyu or Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu/Zhongli if I need shielding - which is fine for overworld, but I wanna be able to try the Abyss and also not just rely on Ganyu to slowly solo every boss.

Luckily, I had a ton of money, exp books, and weapon crystals piling up since I've only been playing those 5 characters and not really working on leveling others.

My current team progress (without artifacts farmed and without talents leveled) -

Raiden Hyperbloom
pre:
- Level 90 Raiden Shogun C0
- - - - Level 90 Dragon's Bane R3
- Level 80 Dendro Traveler C0
- - - - Level 80 Skyrider Sword R5
- Level 60 Yelan C0
- - - - Level 80 Favonius Warbow C3
- Level 60 Barbara C3
- - - - Level 80 Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers R5
Taser Team
pre:
- Level 90 Beidou C6
- - - - Level 90 Serpent Spine R4
- Level 70 Fischl C4 
- - - - Level 80 The Stringless R3
- Level 70 Xingqiu C6
- - - - Level 80 Sacrificial Sword R5
- Level 50 Sucrose C1
- - - - Level 80 Hakushin Ring R1

Ganyu Melt
pre:
- Level 80 Ganyu C0
- - - - Level 90 Skyward Harp R1
- Level 80 Xiangling C2
- - - - Level 80 "The Catch" R2
- Level 80 Bennett C3
- - - - Level 60 Prototype Rancour R1
- Level 70 Zhongli C0
- - - - Level 70 Black Tassel R5
Seems like a competitive team could be: Xiao/Sucrose/Bennett/Zhongli since I already those three in the process of leveling.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homa on xiangling would be better than the r2 catch if you dont mind having to get er from your artifacts instead

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

homa on xiangling would be better than the r2 catch if you dont mind having to get er from your artifacts instead

I was planning on taking The Catch to R5, which from what I've read, is comparable. I spent a few hours the other night farming The Catch and then had enough fish to get the first refinement. That same night I pulled Staff of Homa. lol

I actually enjoy fishing so I'll probably take The Catch to R5 this weekend.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

Dumb question - There's no way to do charged shots with a bow without aiming, right?

I mean, I assume that's the case but I was wondering if there was something I have critically missed over the year I've played.

No but it would be nice if you could hey?

If this is a Ganyu related question aim at their feet! Her airburst won't mind.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Traveller posted:

Explain why Alhaitham just needed to show us how he has a long-running domestic argument with his husband at the end of his quest

Because slice of life dramas are popular. Also foreshadowing / sales "hey want this blonde guy with exposed chest? save some cash from your wage".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

homas the best in slot weapon for basically every spear character. even if the character doesnt have hp scaling in their kit its still free damage and an insane amount of crit dmg. literally the only characters who dont want it are people who want er from their weapons, so its like, thoma and shenhe? and i guess yunjin is the one character who doesnt actually care about any of its stats.

Man, don't tell me this poo poo, I've got 100 rolls saved up and nothing people have said about Dehya has been encouraging- I lie, as long as enjoy playing her I don't care if she can't solo an entire half of the Abyss or whatever- so now I'm tempted because I just aim to get 4* characters and anything else is just lucky.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
100 rolls wouldn't even get you Homa, so no worries.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

haypliss posted:

100 rolls wouldn't even get you Homa, so no worries.

Well maybe a 1/3 chance of one.

I actually won an engulfing lightning on the first roll during Raiden's rerun. A first I think. Normally weapon banners are misery and oh look another aquila faviona hooray.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dont roll for weapons

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

So despite my absolute dogshit luck with character banners, I had godly luck with a cavalier 10 pull on the weapon banner.

So... who is Staff of Homa good for?

You asked about Hu Tao before, Homa is her signature weapon. A character's signature weapon is usually best in slot for them, and I'm like 90% sure this is no exception.

(I don't have it, but between being Hu Tao's sig and supposedly good on everyone I was hoping for it when I got Aqua Simulacrum. New toy for Fischl is cool too though)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

KARU3RG6NY65

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=KARU3RG6NY65

5SRC28YNNYP9

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=5SRC28YNNYP9

SB8UJ9H7NH8V

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=SB8UJ9H7NH8V

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Feb 17, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

holy poo poo Dehya *IS* going to be a Standard banner character starting in 3.6 after all

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

holy poo poo Dehya *IS* going to be a Standard banner character starting in 3.6 after all

that explains her kit at least

it's supposed to be crap, gently caress me

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ayaka and Shenhe second half confirmed

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Excelzior posted:

Ayaka and Shenhe second half confirmed

Cannot believe we're getting Eula's own personal support unit . . .

and not getting Eula.

Also:
5SRC28YNNYP9

Edit--
SB8UJ9H7NH8V

Captain France fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 17, 2023

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
It’s normal to be a gross whale and have every character but have important meta or OP characters at lvl 40 because they’re not cute anime girls right.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tree Reformat posted:

that explains her kit at least

it's supposed to be crap, gently caress me

the thing is even this doesnt really track because all of the other standard pool characters are pretty solid. jean isnt amazing but has some gimmick uses and consolidates vv shred/healing, mona is good with freeze characters, tighnari and keqing are both solid main DPS units, and diluc is a bit powercrept these days but hes still functional. and qiqi

okay qiqi is bad but thats only one

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Still no 5* geo on the standard banner.

In other news, I'm sunk cost primo fallacying for Homa hard but I pulled Faruzan C6 from the weapon banner and with C6 she makes Wanderer and Xiao very silly. 65k Xiao plunges are quite something.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Excelzior posted:

No reason at all to roll on her banner, then. That's a load off my primos.

Depending on how brutal the reruns in 3.6 are, I might be out of the danger zone entirely. People aren't expecting Kaz to show up again until the next summer event, right? That's about the only thing that could really hose me.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

the thing is even this doesnt really track because all of the other standard pool characters are pretty solid. jean isnt amazing but has some gimmick uses and consolidates vv shred/healing, mona is good with freeze characters, tighnari and keqing are both solid main DPS units, and diluc is a bit powercrept these days but hes still functional. and qiqi

I haven't been following the leaks directly, but seeing her just now I get the feeling the Beta people are underestimating her.

Like, she might not be the new top of the meta, but her skill makes off field pyro (seems good for melt and vape?) and her burst gives her an infusion! Surely, you can't be bad with an infusion!

I mean she might not be top tier, but still!

Disclaimer: I have Xinyan on my Eula team. And occasionally she borrows Eula's gear when she's in an event or something and I wanna play Xinyan.
So. There's that.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 17, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

I must be the only person that watches these streams for the content stuff and barely care about banners, yet for everyone else it always seems to be banner banner banner banner. :lol: My main takeaway was the next archon quest chapter and that it sounds like we might be travelling back into the abyss, the fact that I'm falling further and further behind on that stuff now, and the whole Collei's return to Mondstadt thing. :lol: at Amber just randomly looking out over the horizon from the Church before the pullback too. I wouldn't even be somehow surprised if they still end up missing encountering each other in the flagship event.

Also was that still that Elliot Gindi guys voice we heard in the trailer cause it sure sounded like the same English Tighnari voice from the very first Sumeru trailers.

Japan's take on Dehya that I've seen is always kind of interesting to hear because they seem to be skipping the whole conspiratorial stuff and like they never went through the same cycle of shitposting about her leaks that the Western internet did. They just tend to approach things from their own sense of logic, which mainly boils down to is the character cool/cute/popular voice actor/do I have the primos atm etc. The main takeaways I'm seeing are first and foremost expression of surprise that Dehya is a standard banner when Diluc seems to have Pyro Claymore covered and wondering if it's something like Tighnari represents the forest and Dehya the desert on it, but then no Inazuma 5 star ever made it to standard banner either. Also there's some pondering over whether Cyno rerun feels a little too soon as well. Obviously there's some angst about Eula not being present as well as some people wondering if Dehya being standard banner means it's better to go for Ayaka/Shenhe+constellations and try ones luck on the standard banner from time to time with the decreased probability that the pull would be Dehya. Lastly there seems to be a lot of approval for Dehya punching the poo poo out of stuff and having the compact makeup thing because it's gap moe. I don't think I've seen any expression of someone feeling owned into purchasing Genesis Crystals because of Dehya pausing to do her makeup in her idle animation on English side twitter. :lol: This is based on early Japanese twitter side reactions after all. Just by and large again skipping the bulk of the histrionics, conspiracy stuff and victimhood narrative to largely examine the stark facts and well...being Japan to wax about the cuteness of the girls. It's such a different refreshing vibe to take in where the Japanese internet seems to save much of the bullshit for 5ch and NicoNico.

So yeah I've always been skeptical but after looking at some wildly different takes, I think there may actually be some truth to Japan just not entirely giving a gently caress about meta stuff and a good chunk of people more than willing to still pull on a character like Dehya cause she's hot/cool and they like her burst. They seem more shook up about the surprise absence of Eula more than anything to do with Dehya or who is on the banner currently, but that Ayaka being on a banner sort of makes up for it for now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I love Collei

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Depending on how far out Windblume is and how quickly they can sign a new VA, they might be able to re-record in time for the event. It doesn't surprise me that they still had Elliot for the trailer, I would think that the trailer was recorded before all this went down.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

This patches content and trailer were done well before the Elliot Gindi poo poo came to light so they wouldn't have had time to do anything about this stuff for it. They haven't even recast him yet.

Wonder if they are going to redub trailers and poo poo too down the road once that ball gets rolling. At the very least I imagine they'd redo Tighnari's character trailers and stuff.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

I must be the only person that watches these streams for the content stuff and barely care about banners, yet for everyone else it always seems to be banner banner banner banner. :lol: My main takeaway was the next archon quest chapter and that it sounds like we might be travelling back into the abyss, the fact that I'm falling further and further behind on that stuff now, and the whole Collei's return to Mondstadt thing. :lol: at Amber just randomly looking out over the horizon from the Church before the pullback too. I wouldn't even be somehow surprised if they still end up missing encountering each other in the flagship event.

Content stuff is cool too, it's just that "A Dainslef quest in between nations" and "The Windblume Festival again, and Collei is getting the visit to Mondstat everyone who read the manga expected her to have, brought her current guardian, and also the world's biggest card fan, while Sumeru characters are still in the spotlight and the card game is fresh too" aren't as surprising to me as "Eula's own personal support guy, both in lore and in gameplay, is not on a banner with Eula" is. Plus anyone who avoided leaks just got Dehya and Mika gameplay for the first time.

But gently caress yes more Dainslef and Khaenriah and Abyss stuff is always cool, Albedo's VA mentioned that "Kaeya is from Khaenriah, I wonder what would happen if they met?" which is also cool, Collei getting her Mondstat reunion is cool, Cyno coming with is cool. Tighnari is terrible, terrible timing though. Definitely cooler than the banners.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

Yeah Tigh and Keqing are solid and Jean is still the best anemo shredder if your have her constellations. Dehya still doesnt fit anywhere.

I do hope this means we get more 5* in the standard banner and MORE resources to pull them. I'll pay real money for selector tickets Mihoyo, even if its for standard characters.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
If anyone likes internet schadenfreude the DehyaMains subreddit is melting down.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm trying to interpret why being on standard is a bad thing. No reruns? Pulling C6 (lmao) feels bad? A feeling they wont retroactively support her the way they did Yae/Albedo? With how impactful dehya's C1 is you'd think this would be a good thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

I'm trying to interpret why being on standard is a bad thing. No reruns? Pulling C6 (lmao) feels bad? A feeling they wont retroactively support her the way they did Yae/Albedo? With how impactful dehya's C1 is you'd think this would be a good thing.
people emotionally invested in the idea of her being a strong limited character that they would be unique for playing and stockpiled currency for her for like a year

instead they receive the feeling that she is like qiqi, a bad standard pool character that will never get rerun

its easy to laugh at but imo the real culprit here is the feelings gacha games intentionally prey on

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

No Wave posted:

Everyone knows perms are shittier than lims, therefore bad.

This rather ties into kale's big ol' :words:, but at least from the noisiest sorts of people who do gacha games in english (regardless of whether you're looking at twitter or reddit), the goal is either slamming that gacha to collect a bunch of poo poo, or getting all the best dudes so you can bet a sweaty tryhard at whatever's got a ranking. Either way, not being limited takes the shine off a character/card/unit/whatever. I do disagree that the japanese are somehow above this, because that's nonsense and there's plenty of sweaty tryhards and metacollectors and whatever. They just don't poo poo themselves in rage, it seems. Then again, my experience with all that is mostly imas stuff, and they're all old anyway :v.

Also what endorph said, I guess. Except qiqi is good, and anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

Anyway, here's your pittance because stream:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1626564644927160326

For convenience:

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=KARU3RG6NY65

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=5SRC28YNNYP9

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=SB8UJ9H7NH8V

Also lol
https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1626564621015617537
https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1626568355909111808

More exciting fast food collab stuff that'll never leave china.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Still no SignoraMains meltdown, I bet :v: At any rate I think if you want Dehya at all this is still going to be your best chance, people still haven't seen Tighnari after he got in the standard banner.