Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

I love Chiles dearly but he doesn’t count. He’s shagging the boss so it’s Carte Blanche

nah she started dating him after he did the col--

Jel Shaker posted:

his opinion columns were so powerful that she actually started dating him after he was hired

yeah this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
New name just dropped, welcome Cyrus "da Virus" Starman

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s not wrong about school toilets though.

If you were unfortunate enough to need a cubicle at my secondary you had to hope it was during lessons to minimise traffic, or some knuckle-dragging oval office from the upper years was almost certain to come in for a piss or a crafty smoke, then either try to kick the door in on you, launch things over the divider at you, try to nick your bag off the floor through the massive gap under the door, or potentially climb in with you depending on if they had a crowd with them to make a real spectacle in front of.

I dunno if the same rules applied to the girls toilets.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That 17 year old wannabe future Tory MP is actually alright. He's just very naïve and has absolutely no idea about Tory history, Tory values, or even what the free market economy means. I had a good chat with him tonight and planted a hell of a lot of seeds. Lets hope some of them eventually sprout.

I was a young Tory at his age, indoctrinated through parents, naïve and rightfully bullied at school because of my poo poo beliefs. I also had a briefcase when at college. I didn't shake of my conservatism until I dropped out of uni and discovered empathy and compassion through the use of narcotics.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Anyone tries to interrupt my poo poo they're going in the bowl.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I had a friend who went through high school and community college never once using the toilets at school.

He lived one street away so he just went home at lunchtime and otherwise held it in. Truly a camel of a man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I had a friend who went through high school and community college never once using the toilets at school.

He lived one street away so he just went home at lunchtime and otherwise held it in. Truly a camel of a man.

I still do this for the most part, I had my first poo poo in a public toilet over christmas because I had the dire rear while out and having to stop and crush my guts back in every ten minutes was making my job take too long, and also people were looking at me funnier than usual.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I got turned into an Internet communist by having someone make fun of me for posting poo poo I didn't know was from the Little Black Book of Communism. Little bit of research trying to prove why I was right turning into me finding out that they included the Nazis in those death counts and lo and behold.

Also I love how Dianne Abbot is basically daring Cyrus to fire her.

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1626119514747273216?s=19

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Yes he would.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Vilely Wiley Cyrus

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Failed Imagineer posted:

New name just dropped, welcome Cyrus "da Virus" Starman
He hasn't yet killed more people than cancer, but it's one of his he-means-them-for-real-this-time ten pledges for office.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jedit posted:

Not to say Starmer isn't a total ratfucker, but didn't he come in as DPP just after the Savile thing had been kicked out by his predecessor?

Dunno. Doesn't matter. If there's the barest shadow of a link between them that they can say Starmer and Savile's names next to each other in a headline, that's enough.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I still do this for the most part, I had my first poo poo in a public toilet over christmas

Love these little glimpses

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Love these little glimpses

didn't know you had us all filmed this granularly

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

WhatEvil posted:

Dunno. Doesn't matter. If there's the barest shadow of a link between them that they can say Starmer and Savile's names next to each other in a headline, that's enough.

If Jam Man being in the same town as some commie 20 years after said commie was there and have that thrown at him *, I'm sure Starmer & Savile having their name next to each other in a 'news' headline is sufficient evidence of collusion.

*this was a thing that happened wasn't it? I might have made it up but I'm sure it did happen.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

He’s not wrong about school toilets though.

If you were unfortunate enough to need a cubicle at my secondary you had to hope it was during lessons to minimise traffic, or some knuckle-dragging oval office from the upper years was almost certain to come in for a piss or a crafty smoke, then either try to kick the door in on you, launch things over the divider at you, try to nick your bag off the floor through the massive gap under the door, or potentially climb in with you depending on if they had a crowd with them to make a real spectacle in front of.

I dunno if the same rules applied to the girls toilets.

Teenage girls cluster in the same toilet cubicle willingly.I didn't join in. Smoking, comparing thigh sizes, but most likely bitching (any country wanting to run highly successful psyops should recruit groups of teenage girls - the sneering up and down look from head to toe and back again, being cut dead by people who were your bezzie mate yesterday for no known reason, any excuse to psych out whichever poor lass is the latest victim. Psychobullying essentially.)

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

*this was a thing that happened wasn't it? I might have made it up but I'm sure it did happen.

The S*n tried to make "He went on holiday to Mexico with his Mexican wife and was photographed on the same street as Trotsky's old house" into a scandal.

This was in the post-2017GE 'oh poo poo we gotta throw everything at him until something sticks' phase, when Jam Man's supposed crimes also included Not Being Impressed By Vienesse Architecture.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How can we be sure that he was not posessed by the ghost of trotsky? Our medium has asked diana about it and she reckons he was.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

BalloonFish posted:

The S*n tried to make "He went on holiday to Mexico with his Mexican wife and was photographed on the same street as Trotsky's old house" into a scandal.

This was in the post-2017GE 'oh poo poo we gotta throw everything at him until something sticks' phase, when Jam Man's supposed crimes also included Not Being Impressed By Vienesse Architecture.

Oh yes. And eating cold baked beans directly from the tin if he came home after a long day of protesting.

Don't see anything wrong with that - done it more than a few times myself after a very long day (but not of protesting).

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Goddrat I'm having to make a lot of updates to my XLSX today.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

History Comes Inside! posted:

Don’t touch the poop, why are goons like this

Edit: especially when it’s a literal 17 year old child

I am assuredly not speaking with mod hat on but yeah we've had a few kerfuffles over the years when goons piled in to dunk on high school kids for having admittedly bad opinions

but like, do any of you remember being fifteen

I was certainly a horrible goblin in many ways

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I often reply with pictures of Savile to Keith's tweets. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. We're in a post truth society now

It does seem to rile up genuine keith supporters though, so doing it has value

e: Not mine, but a recent example of one shitposter who regularly appears on my feeds

https://twitter.com/saltydesouffle/status/1626264411370389510

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 17, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

How can we be sure that he was not posessed by the ghost of trotsky? Our medium has asked diana about it and she reckons he was.
Considering how long Corbyn's been around in various humanitarian projects, it does make me wonder if they've ever been pictured together or if she ever commented on him.

If they were ever photoed chatting or shaking hands I bet you could make some columnists actually explode from the cognitive dissonance.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Today's going to be interesting. Rishi was chatting with EU politicians yesterday, and has now travelled to Belfast to present a deal to the NI politicians. The way the establishment + BBC is reporting about it, it's as though the deal is going to be agreed upon. However, that may not be the case

https://twitter.com/Kilsally/status/1626336791535169536

Now the DUP are important and powerful people again, they'll probably be able to demand a huge quid pro quo.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Do we have the technology yet to make an embedded Twitter video the thread title

https://twitter.com/MarlonKameka/status/1625953433185357827?t=e-Yy8tDbe_ENFFcFvxnBjA&s=19

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Well, we've all had obstructive and unpleasant colleagues who you avoid interacting with as much as humanly possible, so I'm kind of sympathetic to Rishi on this occasion.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bug Squash posted:

I've found the Ancillary Justice trilogy to be a fair substitute, but it's lacking the background utopia you get from Banks.

A Memory Called Empire and its sequel A Desolation Called Peace are also good, though they're closer to the Ancillary books than the Culture. The central theme of the books is Imperialism, both cultural and literal, and the things a smaller power has to do to avoid being conquered or just subsumed.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I guess if you really want to be a tory, reading anything other than imperialist nonsense is not the way to go. Cultured? Not in this country.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Goons did it! The Goons shot Cyrus!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You have to feel for Zelenskiy there, being forced to be nice to this puffy faced nobody on the off chance he'll need his support in two year's time.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

Today's going to be interesting. Rishi was chatting with EU politicians yesterday, and has now travelled to Belfast to present a deal to the NI politicians. The way the establishment + BBC is reporting about it, it's as though the deal is going to be agreed upon. However, that may not be the case

https://twitter.com/Kilsally/status/1626336791535169536

Now the DUP are important and powerful people again, they'll probably be able to demand a huge quid pro quo.

They are not as important as they want to be though.
Its because the DUP would be the first to run to the press to denounce whatever compromise is being offered.
It wouldn't look good for Rishi if he was met with burned out buses and water cannons being used on belfast rioters unhappy with him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

It wouldn't look good for Rishi if he was met with burned out buses and water cannons being used on belfast rioters unhappy with him.

tbh I think all tories should have to face this wherever they go

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

That would require importing rioters from the EU, and that would never go down well.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lazy brits too idle to firebomb a cop car in Dunstable or Leeds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Look I'll firebomb a cop car any day of the week but not if it means having to go to Leeds

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

You sort of had it going with UKIP and milkshakes.
Just need to add more flammable liquids to what is being thrown.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Rarity posted:

Look I'll firebomb a cop car any day of the week but not if it means having to go to Leeds

oi that's where I was born

its alright though I get it

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Who is filling my feed with Corbynites? Show yourselves cowards!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The Starmer Project by Oliver Eagleton is worth a read to get an idea of the poo poo Kieth did as DPP.

Spolier: None of it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rarity posted:

You need to visit Larne

(only joking, really don't bother.... ever).