Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

You need to visit Larne

(only joking, really don't bother.... ever).

I think I was in Larne when a red-faced man told me he was going to kick my little dog's head in for...being too near him as he walked by (?). I said "no you won't" and indeed, he didn't.

Moral of the story: don't go to Larne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I went to Leeds for work once and the one night we decided to go out I got accosted by an incredibly drunk woman outside a pub accusing me of having nicked her handbag.

I don’t know why she thought I’d had it and it also didn’t seem to be the only thing she was missing, since she was wearing a miniskirt she’d at some point pulled right up around her stomach so it stopped just below her navel and very visibly had no knickers on.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Mum says hi

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dead Goon posted:

The Starmer Project by Oliver Eagleton is worth a read to get an idea of the poo poo Kieth did as DPP.

Spolier: None of it was good.

It's an interesting read and I sent my copy to another goon after reading it, if anyone's keen they might even send it on again.

There is a bit of an oopsie moment in it though iirc where Eagleton dismisses the idea of Russia invading Ukraine as fantasy.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Larne, more like Lame

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/Shamaan_SkyNews/status/1626174973327945728

Quite a thread.

No ID so not allowed in (after already staying there a few days). So they get HIS luggage from his room and chuck it out too. So no ID but they give him his luggage?

Also I hadn't heard about Premier Inn also kicking out a blind woman previously because whoever was on duty said her guide dog was fake.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Also I hadn't heard about Premier Inn also kicking out a blind woman previously because whoever was on duty said her guide dog was fake.

"nah bullshit luv I recognise a cat when I see it"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Legal Advice UK, in which a Brit was selling crypto transaction SaaS without registering with the government and last night discovers all his bank accounts are sat at £-500k and the banks aren't allowed to talk to him https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK/comments/113xdf4/bank_accounts_overdrawn_missing_and_suspended/

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

Legal Advice UK, in which a Brit was selling crypto transaction SaaS without registering with the government and last night discovers all his bank accounts are sat at £-500k and the banks aren't allowed to talk to him https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK/comments/113xdf4/bank_accounts_overdrawn_missing_and_suspended/

Lol, that's when the bank's been informed that there's an active criminal investigation against you and your account's part of it: they're not allowed to tell you; only to say stuff like: "I'm sorry sir, but we can't process your transaction at the current time."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

That post is a “My Crimes” worthy of Sam Bankman Fried lol. He is in a whole world of poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sebzilla posted:

It's an interesting read and I sent my copy to another goon after reading it, if anyone's keen they might even send it on again.

There is a bit of an oopsie moment in it though iirc where Eagleton dismisses the idea of Russia invading Ukraine as fantasy.

In fairness quite a lot of us dismissed the prospect because nobody could be that mad.

Never mind starting it in just in time for the Rasputitsa

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

They’re not even in power yet but Kieth is already Krackdown Krazy

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/benglaze/status/1626353063333175297

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That's still probably less than one bedroom per illegitimate child (who will never be invited to stay)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

That's still probably less than one bedroom per illegitimate child (who will never be invited to stay)

Not a problem, Boris's idea of forever is less than nine months anyway.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

smellmycheese posted:

They’re not even in power yet but Kieth is already Krackdown Krazy

Yes this explains why kids to crime it's the parents deciding to be bad. Also they generally happen to be from lower income backgrounds but not sure what that has to do with it. Maybe god is punishing them for not being worthy. Yes that sounds right

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
New Labour openly wanking themselves into a fever thinking about humiliating the poor.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/brendanhughes64/status/1626539993807159304

Things going well in Belfast I see

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Meeting to negotiate with the party that always says “No” to everything taking longer than expected shocka

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Look at all these pens the tories bought!"
*Books flight to Kyiv week after Zelenskyy was in London as leader of opposition with no actual agenda or offering*

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Unfortunately for him I think his ‘forever’ home is likely to be significantly further south than the Cotswolds…

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Answers Me posted:

Unfortunately for him I think his ‘forever’ home is likely to be significantly further south than the Cotswolds…

Pitcairn Islands?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The ground?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Argentina

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Answers Me posted:

The house is apparently in the Wantage constituency, which is very much not in the Cotswolds.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

JEREMEREYREYWQRYERCROMBLINS
https://twitter.com/BarnetCouncil/status/1626368485688221701

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/reading_buses/status/1626547293544382464
Not sure if this is a swan supporting public transport or sabotaging it (Big Oil Swan?)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
XR got confused in their death throes and started glueing swans to buses

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Pitcairn Islands?

I meant hell, but now that I think about I’ll also settle for him living out his Napoleonic fantasies by being dumped in the middle of the ocean

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/NoahPasternak/status/1626072791253393411?s=20

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Chinese history, but I think the UK Marxism Thread will still find it fascinating:

https://twitter.com/pplsartofwar/status/1626361965130969089?s=46&t=TnLC_MCnHmbFYvfU601pQA

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Well, congratulations to Ms Caroline Symonds on her new house, I guess.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
WTF - Octopus have just dropped £200 'alternative fuel payment' into my account! I am all electric and have had the £67pm subsidy (one more month to go) to make up the £400. Pretty sure I'm not entitled to this!

Ed

On further investigation I found this:

quote:

From today households across Wales who don’t use mains gas for heating will start receiving £200 towards their energy bills as the Alternative Fuel Payment (AFP) scheme launches. Most will get the £200 AFP automatically as a credit on their electricity bill but some customers will need to apply for the support.

Source: https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/200-alternative-fuel-payment-drop-26167148

I don't use mains gas for heating, I'm all electric!

What a nice surprise!

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 17, 2023

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Only Kindness posted:

Well, congratulations to Ms Caroline Symonds on her new house, I guess.

It's not her house.
At least it's not her house until the divorce. Which all she has to do for that is invite a friend over, leave the room, and by the time she has come back with Bourbon Creames, she will find her friend and her husband in flagrante delicto.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sebzilla posted:

The house is apparently in the Wantage constituency, which is very much not in the Cotswolds.
gently caress, that's too near to me. I do not have the self control not to do minecraft parodies.

I imagine it'll be as much his home as your house in skyrim, in that he might occasionally visit it to drop poo poo off but will spend 90% of his time away 'adventuring' [cheating].

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“Shame you’re poor, otherwise I’d sue you”

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

“Shame you’re poor, otherwise I’d sue you”

hope this oval office gets stuck waiting in A&E

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

hope this oval office gets stuck waiting in A&E

I had no idea who he was. Of course he's another nepo baby

quote:

Stadlen was born to Sir Nicholas Stadlen, a High Court judge, and Frances Stadlen in London. He is the grandson of concert pianist Peter Stadlen and Hedi Stadlen, the activist and musicologist, both Austrian Jews born in Vienna.

He attended St Paul's School (of which his maternal grandfather Thomas Howarth had been High Master), and later graduated from Clare College, Cambridge, with a first-class honours degree in Classics.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
'Tis Pity He's A Poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Diet Crack posted:

The ground?

I mean that's everyone's forever home sooner or later

Darth Walrus posted:

Chinese history, but I think the UK Marxism Thread will still find it fascinating:

https://twitter.com/pplsartofwar/status/1626361965130969089?s=46&t=TnLC_MCnHmbFYvfU601pQA

It's a shame the China thread is completely dominated by anti-CPC fundamentalists. Fascinating country and I used to like posting there, but anyone who doesn't literally think the communists are actually Nazis gets probed immediately.