Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If bungie could never do the "make the seasonal activity a level-capped pain in the rear end" thing again I'd really appreciate it

e: also why do I always get loving Mars in theory there are three of these

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

fast cars loose anus posted:

If bungie could never do the "make the seasonal activity a level-capped pain in the rear end" thing again I'd really appreciate it

It is specifically their plan to Continue doing this, and add it to Strikes as well. They want to make enemies have a little more health and do a little more damage

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It is specifically their plan to Continue doing this, and add it to Strikes as well. They want to make enemies have a little more health and do a little more damage

That is real fuckin dumb and my time as a casual Destiny player (and therefore as a destiny player at all) may be at an end

e: I think I could live with the light capping, to be honest, if they would swear not to put champions in regular difficulty things. It's the fact that I almost always have to handle both types of champions in these that really makes them lovely

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 17, 2023

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The PsiOps and Heists going into the Strike playlists won't have champions, but there will be some entering as Nightfalls now, keeping the champs.

Also my top three highest levelled weapons are my Recurrent Impact at 38, Fire and Forget at 31 and Taipan at 30. Syncopation is the next nearest at 27, but almost everything else is under 20.

I also use DIM to randomise the weapons I use almost every time I play unless I specifically need champ weapons tho. I like swapping things up, and I only keep things I like using, and never hold on to things just because they *might* be meta in the future, so my vault is slim and guaranteed to be a weapon I like.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

element verbs from subclasses will work against champs come lightfall, so dealing with them should be substantially less of an issue - even moreso since you can save and change loadouts with the press of a button in-game (I believe it even shows what champs a given loadout has equipped)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Their non Destiny game will be released in 2024. It's not a competitor for D2 and you won't have to stop hugging your guns or ornaments!

I just don't want to lose my favorite ship. Which is normally from current_season dust shop.

I kid. I'd burn everything in my vault if we could just use our dropships like attack helicopters mid mission in Halo 2.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

That is real fuckin dumb and my time as a casual Destiny player (and therefore as a destiny player at all) may be at an end

e: I think I could live with the light capping, to be honest, if they would swear not to put champions in regular difficulty things. It's the fact that I almost always have to handle both types of champions in these that really makes them lovely

For what it's worth they're nerfing champions hard by giving anti-champ properties to a bunch of class debuffs. Stasis slow will stun overloads, blinding unstops will stun them, it'll make it incredibly easy to deal with champions without having to use your 2 or so ordained weapons each season

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, but all that will do is slightly increase the probability that pubbies will randomly stun a champ.

It’s not going to help the two root causes of the problem: people who don’t know how champs work and people that know but can’t be bothered to modify their loadout.

All it does is give you, the person covering two champion types, more flexibility. Which is good and welcome, but you’re still doing the whole group project.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

champions are good actually because idiot pubbies never having the proper loadout to deal with them makes you feel like The Protagonist

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Kith posted:

champions are good actually because idiot pubbies never having the proper loadout to deal with them makes you feel like The Protagonist

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kith posted:

But then I have to watch this loving idiot with his unstoppable hc mod on, not use an hc on the unstoppable ogre.
I can't do anything about it because I'm covering barrier and overload.
The 3rd guy is just there for the vibes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's gonna be child's play to stun champs, it won't be a problem unless you have a skill issue. No more double primary needed.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I hate unstoppables, because I really don’t like using handcannons. Maybe they’ll get a better weapon type mod next season.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've been thinking about this as I'm going over old seasonal activities trying to get as many craftable guns on the missus' account as I can.

Some of the older modes are pretty fun to go through now, since I'm way over their intended light and there's a nice, power fantasy feel to mowing down hordes of enemies, stopping occasionally to deal with champs or miniboss setpieces.

I remember struggling at first with the mindscapes, but along with getting used to how the activity works, there's also your light gets closer to the cap and you get the seasonal boost so you feel more powerful as you play it.

Heists though are a pain in the rear end every time because they're light capped. They don't get easier as the season goes on, they're as annoying as they were the first time. And if I never have to run around that shrieker room hoping someone else managed to solve the loadout puzzle with a long-ranged heavy weapon, i'll be happier for it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

e: also why do I always get loving Mars in theory there are three of these

I am going to destroy the person who thought "shriekers can be bosses too!"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

But then I have to watch this loving idiot with his unstoppable hc mod on, not use an hc on the unstoppable ogre.
I can't do anything about it because I'm covering barrier and overload.
The 3rd guy is just there for the vibes.

thats the price you pay for being goku: your friends are krillin and yamcha

CottonWolf posted:

I hate unstoppables, because I really don’t like using handcannons. Maybe they’ll get a better weapon type mod next season.

i have good news for you: arc, solar, stasis, and strand will be able to deal with unstoppables just because

theres a very good chance you'll never need an unstoppable weapon mod again

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

On the topic of excitement for Lightfall, I feel like i have that exo condition where the human mind rejects the exo frame except my mind rejects the possibility that there was ever a thriving human city on neptune, during and after the collapse, with their own space wizards.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah the champ counter changes are all fine and well, y'know, if bungie unfucks how buggy the mobs are in the first place. Totally cool to have this dumbass tacked-on system still around all these years later. Absolutely thrilling content. I joke a lot about dunking balls and standing on plates but Champs are still dumb and will continue to be unless the core issue is fixed.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PathAsc posted:

Yeah the champ counter changes are all fine and well, y'know, if bungie unfucks how buggy the mobs are in the first place. Totally cool to have this dumbass tacked-on system still around all these years later. Absolutely thrilling content. I joke a lot about dunking balls and standing on plates but Champs are still dumb and will continue to be unless the core issue is fixed.

I don't even know what it takes to get the mod effects to proc. I've got overload on my arms, but when I ADS with an SMG or AR, I don't get the overload round.

If I full auto hipfire I get it, though!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PathAsc posted:

yeah champions suck bad tbh. in most content you just super/heavy them, except in a handful of high-level exceptions where you are 100% required to have their counter handy or you lose. neither of these are interesting or good designs.

you know what are interesting and good enemies? lightbearer hive. scourge of the past berserkers. gently caress, even scorn captains and taken vandals. enemies that force you to react to their behavior patterns instead of just smashing them to bypass their mechanics or forcing you into a binary where either you win or you don't based on your loadout

Lib and let die posted:

I don't even know what it takes to get the mod effects to proc. I've got overload on my arms, but when I ADS with an SMG or AR, I don't get the overload round.

If I full auto hipfire I get it, though!

have you considered reading the tooltips to discover this information

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

like listen i know Tooltip Guy is a fucker and all but you should at least check

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah, it's dumb. "Oh it's this champion, so I have to have this weapon, and activate the mod this way"

I'm glad Titan melees can make short work of overloads and Lament can handle barriers natively.

I was hoping a barrier mod for bows would combine with le monarque for an all-in-one overload/barrier killer but that'd be too fun for the player I guess

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lib and let die posted:

I was hoping a barrier mod for bows would combine with le monarque for an all-in-one overload/barrier killer but that'd be too fun for the player I guess

n. it's actually a code limitation but yeah you can't double up on champ counters

HOWEVER

if you have a counter mod that MATCHES the native counter of the exotic, the secondary benefits of the mod work just fine (for example Overload mods typically come w/ extra damage vs stunned champions)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Champ discussions are weird because you can spend as much time as you like carefully wording why they aren't fun, are fundamentally a cockblock, force you to use specific guns in the game who's reward structure is 'give you loads of different guns,' and specific ones are even less fun than others (looking at you overload captains and shield servitors); and you still get a bunch of weird little guys coming out of the woodwork to go "ah no they're easy to deal with, you just need to [all the things you just said weren't fun]".

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It's the same reason I always let Banshee bounties fall to the wayside - I want to be rewarded for using weapons I enjoy using.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I've fallen way behind in D2 and haven't played for a long time. I know they changed seasons to last for a year rather than just the season itself to reduce FOMO but all the seasonal stuff from Witch Queen until Lightfall is going to go away, isn't it? The pirate activity thing and other stuff? I was wondering if anyone knows what will happen to seasonal exotics from quests and such? Will they be added to the tower kiosk for purchase with materials like older seasonal quest exotics (e.g. Bastion from the Saint XIV season quest thingy) were, or will they be going away forever? I can't remember if they did that with any of the exotics from the Beyond Light seasons?

If there's some exotic weapons/gear that's going to go away permanently when Lightfall launches, does anyone have recommendations for particular weapons to try and complete the quests for before Lightfall drops?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Champ discussions are weird because you can spend as much time as you like carefully wording why they aren't fun, are fundamentally a cockblock, force you to use specific guns in the game who's reward structure is 'give you loads of different guns,' and specific ones are even less fun than others (looking at you overload captains and shield servitors); and you still get a bunch of weird little guys coming out of the woodwork to go "ah no they're easy to deal with, you just need to [all the things you just said weren't fun]".

You’ve been playing this game for years. :psyduck:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mill Village posted:

You’ve been playing this game for years. :psyduck:
Yes, because it's fundamentally a very fun game and I'm baffled why they keep putting things in the way of that fun!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I enjoy champs/match game because they're a fun puzzle to work out and mix things up. I know you're thinking "but with it gone you can use whatever seems fun rather than only running the meta loadout!"

Buddy, if I had that level of self control I wouldn't be playing destiny

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SUNKOS posted:

I've fallen way behind in D2 and haven't played for a long time. I know they changed seasons to last for a year rather than just the season itself to reduce FOMO but all the seasonal stuff from Witch Queen until Lightfall is going to go away, isn't it? The pirate activity thing and other stuff? I was wondering if anyone knows what will happen to seasonal exotics from quests and such? Will they be added to the tower kiosk for purchase with materials like older seasonal quest exotics (e.g. Bastion from the Saint XIV season quest thingy) were, or will they be going away forever? I can't remember if they did that with any of the exotics from the Beyond Light seasons?

If there's some exotic weapons/gear that's going to go away permanently when Lightfall launches, does anyone have recommendations for particular weapons to try and complete the quests for before Lightfall drops?

seasonal activities/playlists are mostly getting dumpstered, some battlegrounds levels are getting put into the vanguard ops playlist and Exotic Missions (vox obscura, seraph shield, etc) are getting put into a rotator

seasonal exotics and ritual weapons go into the kiosk

seasonal exotic catalysts get dropped randomly

i wrote a list of seasonal patterns that people appear to think is worth paying attention to

Kith posted:

my favorite patterns from the past seasons have been

• Risen: Piece of Mind (Kinetic Rapid Fire Pulse Rifle)
  • Risen: Explosive Personality (Solar Wave Grenade Launcher)
  • Risen: Under Your Skin (Void Precision Bow)
  • Haunted: Hollow Denial (Void Trace Rifle)
  • Haunted: Drang (Baroque) (Solar Adaptive Sidearm)
  • Haunted: CALUS Mini-Tool (Solar Lightweight SMG)
  • Plunder: Brigand's Law (Arc Rapid Fire Sidearm)
  • Seraph: Disparity (Stasis Aggressive Pulse Rifle)
  • Seraph: Path of Least Resistance (Arc Trace Rifle)
  • Seraph: Fire and Forget (Stasis Aggressive Linear Fusion)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.3 (Arc Aggressive SMG)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SG_V1.0.3 (Solar Rapid Fire Shotgun)

it's unlikely that they're going away forever but the current easy acquisition is probably not returning

Kith fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 17, 2023

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Kith posted:

seasonal activities/playlists are getting dumpstered

seasonal exotics and ritual weapons go into the kiosk

seasonal exotic catalysts get dropped randomly

i wrote a list of seasonal patterns that people appear to think is worth paying attention to

Thanks a bunch, appreciate this a lot :)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Kith posted:

it's unlikely that they're going away forever but the current easy acquisition is probably not returning

I would assume they get added to the dares rotation and then you need to use the "add deepsight to a weapon" feature they've talked about so it will be an absolute gigantic pain in the rear end

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Nobody likes them but Bungie is doubling down on them so the crying isn't gonna change anything. And they made it so easy to handle them come Lightfall.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SUNKOS posted:

Thanks a bunch, appreciate this a lot :)

i wish you the best of luck in getting the guns you give a poo poo about before the end of the season, friend goon.

also keep in mind that the red border upgrade for umbral shaping at seasonal vendors rolls over daily until lightfall launches, so you can in theory get a guaranteed +1 pattern progress from each vendor every day if you've got the ugprades!!!

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I thought the Heist difficulty was great. It’s a good medium between the easy stuff you can sleepwalk through and the hard non-matchmaking stuff. There’s no darkness zone so you can’t fail, with bad teammates and builds at worst it only takes an extra 5 minutes.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Kith posted:

i wish you the best of luck in getting the guns you give a poo poo about before the end of the season, friend goon.

also keep in mind that the red border upgrade for umbral shaping at seasonal vendors rolls over daily until lightfall launches, so you can in theory get a guaranteed +1 pattern progress from each vendor every day if you've got the ugprades!!!

I doubt that will be happening, I still need to finish the Beyond Light campaign :haw:

Reassuring to know that the seasonal exotics will be going to the kiosk and I can give the seasonal events a quick whirl when I get a chance, though. Kinda surprised some seasonal events aren't being added to the Strikes playlist though, I vaguely recall them doing that with some prior ones, I think the Cabal outpost things?

Could swear I saw a blurb somewhere about them wanting to unvault some exotic quests as well which has me wondering if I should just grab whatever roll Xur has of that exotic scout he started selling alongside Hawkmoon? They mentioned the quest for Hawkmoon being unvaulted which has me guessing they might be removing them from Xur?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Could swear I saw a blurb somewhere about them wanting to unvault some exotic quests as well which has me wondering if I should just grab whatever roll Xur has of that exotic scout he started selling alongside Hawkmoon? They mentioned the quest for Hawkmoon being unvaulted which has me guessing they might be removing them from Xur?
There was mention of an exotic mission playlist coming in lightfall and I know they said dead messenger, presage and seraph station were going to be in the rotation, but I don't remember them saying the hawkmoon mission was getting unvaulted.

It would be odd to move DMT back to presage, but I suppose odder things have happened.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SUNKOS posted:

I doubt that will be happening, I still need to finish the Beyond Light campaign :haw:

Reassuring to know that the seasonal exotics will be going to the kiosk and I can give the seasonal events a quick whirl when I get a chance, though. Kinda surprised some seasonal events aren't being added to the Strikes playlist though, I vaguely recall them doing that with some prior ones, I think the Cabal outpost things?

big oof. well good luck with the campaign then

yeah some of the cabal battlegrounds from season of the chosen made it in, and some of the battlegrounds from this season will also be making it in. they're avoiding the more objective-focused activities (like the "escort the treasure haul" ones from Plunder) and focusing more on the ones that are rooty tooty point and shooty. stuff that could conceivably become a Grandmaster Nightfall, which is both exciting and terrifying as a prospect

that said i would absolutely grab at least one Dead Man's Tale and Hawkmoon just to have them in Collections if you haven't already, just in case that matters for the unvaulted Exotic Missions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There was mention of an exotic mission playlist coming in lightfall and I know they said dead messenger, presage and seraph station were going to be in the rotation, but I don't remember them saying the hawkmoon mission was getting unvaulted.

It would be odd to move DMT back to presage, but I suppose odder things have happened.

I've probably made an error! I think I've mixed up mission names and from there made the assumption. I am way out of touch with D2 so this is almost certainly me mistaking the name of missions.

Kith posted:

that said i would absolutely grab at least one Dead Man's Tale and Hawkmoon just to have them in Collections if you haven't already, just in case that matters for the unvaulted Exotic Missions

Yeah, I'll definitely grab whatever Dead Man's Tale is for sale. I managed to get a good Hawkmoon way back when I checked and saw he was selling a good roll so that's covered, but every time I checked for DMT there wasn't anything appealing. Definitely makes sense to grab whatever roll is available though so I'll make sure to do that.

Kith posted:

yeah some of the cabal battlegrounds from season of the chosen made it in, and some of the battlegrounds from this season will also be making it in. they're avoiding the more objective-focused activities (like the "escort the treasure haul" ones from Plunder) and focusing more on the ones that are rooty tooty point and shooty. stuff that could conceivably become a Grandmaster Nightfall, which is both exciting and terrifying as a prospect

This is cool to hear. I haven't played any of it yet but the ship vs. ship Plunder stuff looked fun and I vaguely recall some weird neon Vex missions that looked good as well? I remember the trailer showing stuff with Calus' ship appearing by the moon and everything being corrupted looking really good as well, hopefully some of that stuff (season of the haunted?) makes it into the strike playlist as well, although I've no idea if it would be suitable or not.