Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Dan must be deeply disappointed by this, I'm sure he was hoping the podcast endeavor was going to be a nice break from Info Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
During the original Sandy Hook aftermath investigation, Dan used the phrase "Alex never gives you what you want." It applies just as much here.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Definitely makes the "look I took a little extra time because I wanted it hooked up to all the feeds and satellites" line sound a lot like he was about to do things mostly separate then tied it in with the other shows' resourcesn when it was starting to look hard/amateur.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Alex is, predictably and always, a stupid, lazy, sloppy, sumbitch.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

drat. I just wanted to see one painting.

I am genuinally curious about his claimed artistic ability. Would he have at least some level of talent or is it his usual self-delusion, now we'll never know.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Extreme comedy option: The Knowledge Fight artwork that is credited to "Jack K." was actually commissioned from Alex Jones.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My "this podcast is legally distinct from the entity that owes a billy and a half" diatribe is raising a lot of questions already answered by my diatribe

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I did it. I have listened to all of Knowledge Fight. My brain has been fried.

I got into the show initially listening to all the Project Camelot eps so I am re-listening to those to take a little breakie.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Welcome to the fried brain club, brother

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Grand Fromage posted:

I did it. I have listened to all of Knowledge Fight. My brain has been fried.

I got into the show initially listening to all the Project Camelot eps so I am re-listening to those to take a little breakie.

How long did it take you, out of interest? I went back to the episodes just after the election in 2020 since I thought those would be interesting after listening to a few recent episodes, and even after several weeks of fairly heavy listening to at least one a day, and several a day a good few days while I was playing games, I'm only about a year onward. Checking my Pocketcasts listing I've gone from episode 497 in October 2020 to episode 607 in October 2021. So 110 episodes. Out of 776. Well, along with the dozen or two more recent ones I've listened to, I guess. I think I'm gonna go back and listen to the whole thing, but I'm also probably just gonna catch up from where I started first and then do it. After a little breakie. Probably.

All 776 episodes is...a lot though. Congratulations, you maniac.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't know exactly when I started but I'm confident it's between a year and a half and two years.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
As much as I love this podcast I have no desire to go through the entire backlog. I'll definitely check out older episodes if there is something good though

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The early episodes are worth it, like the first hundred or so. It's a lot lighter and funnier before they really grasp how much of a piece of poo poo Alex is.

Plus you get a lot of fun characters like the soap guy, or finding out what Reagan was up to in his spare time.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Grand Fromage posted:

or finding out what Reagan was up to in his spare time.

I remember that guy hahaha didn't he claim Reagan was bi or something?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Confusedslight posted:

Do you think the Blowjob Queen of Hollywood was married to someone other than the BJ King?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm fewer than 60 episodes away from where they were when I picked up the podcast. Need to decide if I'm going to relisten to 400-800

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Dangerous Person posted:

As much as I love this podcast I have no desire to go through the entire backlog. I'll definitely check out older episodes if there is something good though

Not terribly old, but if you haven't listened to episode 630-633 you should check those out. The first one is titled "No one is mad at the crew" and it's just a bunch of freakouts which I believe led to Dan's newer technocrat drop soundbites with Alex threatening to walk out of the door and never come back.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Confusedslight posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of at least, some guy came on talking about how he had a big secret that he could be killed for and when Alex pressed him to reveal it, it was just "Reagan was gay, and I know because I once saw a tape of him getting pegged at a party in the 70s; or maybe it was the 80s - I'm gonna be vague about details". Which really disappoints Alex, since apparently Reagan being bisexual was a known thing or something? It wasn't scandalous or even particularly interesting either way, and probably hadn't been in 30+ years by the time he talked about it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yep. The story is hilarious and Alex is fuming because he thought he had a big story and it's just some bullshit that either even he doesn't believe or he doesn't care.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Grand Fromage posted:

Yep. The story is hilarious and Alex is fuming because he thought he had a big story and it's just some bullshit that either even he doesn't believe or he doesn't care.

I was being cheeky in my phrasing but Reagan being bi is one of those known quantities that is just never addressed, like Abraham Lincoln’s sexuality or Nixon’s horn-tipped tail.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Slowly listening through from the beginning, only up to episode #23 from March 2017 but there's a lot of stuff that wasn't really prescient but was kind of

In #23, at about 11 minutes in, AEJ has a rapper that's called in to the show

AEJ: But you know, I've talked to a lot of the top rappers you name it, uh uh uh uh uh
Jordan: "I've talked to a lot of the top rappers?"
Dan: "You name it."
Jordan: "You name it?"
Dan: He says "you name it" when he's like "I can't come up with a lie".
Jordan: Uh uh Q-Tip, has he talked to Q-Tip?
Dan: Probably not.
Jordan: Uh well I mean we gotta ask, has he talked to Kanye?
Dan: Literally the only rapper who I think would talk to Alex and get along with him is uh Vinnie Pazienza aka Ikon the Verbal Hologram
Jordan: Okay.
Dan: Is the rapper in Jedi Mind Tricks
Jordan: Is he one of the top rappers?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Mauser posted:

Not terribly old, but if you haven't listened to episode 630-633 you should check those out. The first one is titled "No one is mad at the crew" and it's just a bunch of freakouts which I believe led to Dan's newer technocrat drop soundbites with Alex threatening to walk out of the door and never come back.

That sounds fun. I'll put one on at work tomorrow

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm really invested in these episodes covering Info Wars leading up to and immediately following the Boston Bombing. 352 April 17 2013 starts with an out of context drop of Alex calling it "the craziest day of my life" and Dan at the time thinks that might not be far off.

I've got a ways to go in this one yet but the story about the guy who sent ricin to Obama was a fun ride.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Tree Dude posted:

I'm really invested in these episodes covering Info Wars leading up to and immediately following the Boston Bombing. 352 April 17 2013 starts with an out of context drop of Alex calling it "the craziest day of my life" and Dan at the time thinks that might not be far off.

I've got a ways to go in this one yet but the story about the guy who sent ricin to Obama was a fun ride.

Okay are you actually just me.

I'm 11 minutes shy of finishing #374.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
DJ Danarchy doing god's work.
https://twitter.com/DJDanarchy/status/1626343851890978816?s=20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

drat shame Jordan couldn't help himself and had to talk over the bit

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Shageletic posted:

drat shame Jordan couldn't help himself and had to talk over the bit

Ha ha goddammit Jordan. The laughs would have been fine

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Yayyyyyyy

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm suddenly much less annoyed by people posting button pics, and in fact think it's a cool thing to do.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Broooooo

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

Been a while since we had a Wacky Wednesday. What are Jim Semivan and Charlie Freak up to?

Taking credit.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I’m way too lazy to reformat this so it’s pretty here, so just have a link to a reddit thread. It’s Alex with a very lawyer-written retraction about that conversation with Lewis at the Texas trial :

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeF...utm_name=iossmf

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
" My source is in contact with a telepathic being on Venus named Valiant Thor" is why Kerry will always be queen. That's a Stevie P level swing. God I love her

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

" My source is in contact with a telepathic being on Venus named Valiant Thor" is why Kerry will always be queen. That's a Stevie P level swing. God I love her

Her confident statement that her dream that she was lecturing her sister not to get the poison sting was a premonition of the future made me burst out laughing while driving to work this morning

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I was happy to hear Valiant Thor show up, since that's a weird bit of old UFO lore. That bit was extra funny since I also thought "wait is Valiant Thor still around?" Realized that I cooked my brain a little too much with :tinfoil: to be able to remember that offhand. Although Valiant Thor is a hard name to forget.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I was happy to hear Valiant Thor show up, since that's a weird bit of old UFO lore. That bit was extra funny since I also thought "wait is Valiant Thor still around?" Realized that I cooked my brain a little too much with :tinfoil: to be able to remember that offhand. Although Valiant Thor is a hard name to forget.

Valiant Thor is from the space-brother contactee days when aliens all looked like they walked off the set of Mad Men and their hot space-secretaries flirted with you whenever you got beamed up.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hope Dan has listened ahead to the Dean Scream episode and all this build is worth it

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I hope there's some wonk doing a temporary stint in one of the scientific bases on Antarctica, just to complete the set.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Tree Dude posted:

I hope Dan has listened ahead to the Dean Scream episode and all this build is worth it
I hope the exact opposite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Froghammer posted:

I hope the exact opposite

:same: I hope Alex dismisses it in five seconds with a who cares and all of this was for nothing.