Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SUNKOS posted:

This is cool to hear. I haven't played any of it yet but the ship vs. ship Plunder stuff looked fun and I vaguely recall some weird neon Vex missions that looked good as well?

Those were in season 14 so aren't available now. Although some Lightfall previews have mentioned there is something with a similar aesthetic coming up.

quote:

I remember the trailer showing stuff with Calus' ship appearing by the moon and everything being corrupted looking really good as well, hopefully some of that stuff (season of the haunted?) makes it into the strike playlist as well, although I've no idea if it would be suitable or not.

There were 2 activities in Season of the Haunted, a free-roam area with public events popping off and a set of solo missions with heavy scripting. Neither of them would fit in the strike playlist without major changes. I think we're only getting the things mentioned in the update- the heist battlegrounds and the psi-ops missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It would be odd to move DMT back to presage, but I suppose odder things have happened.

Weapons team has strongly hinted that DMT and Hawkmoon will be craftable Exotics in the future, and I suspect the Exotic mission rotator will play into that.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kith posted:

champions are good actually because idiot pubbies never having the proper loadout to deal with them makes you feel like The Protagonist

If I were really The Protagonist I wouldn't constantly be forced to use a weapon type (hand cannon) I hate to deal with something

e: Im now aware this is changing so that's good

e2: also what is the best way to get that ikelos shotgun to drop i want to get the pattern but it hasnt even dropped for me yet so I cant buy it. Is it heists?

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 17, 2023

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

haveblue posted:

There were 2 activities in Season of the Haunted, a free-roam area with public events popping off and a set of solo missions with heavy scripting. Neither of them would fit in the strike playlist without major changes. I think we're only getting the things mentioned in the update- the heist battlegrounds and the psi-ops missions.

I'll prioritize checking out the Haunted content then! Thanks for letting me know.

Such a shame the Leviathan seemingly can't catch a break, though. Between being home for a bunch of raids and then the period when it was a 6-person activity (Opulence, I think?) and now having been worked on more to be haunted, it's such a cool location but maybe it will appear again one day? It's a great environment that's had so much work put into it.

My activity tab thingy was full of stuff last time I looked, I don't suppose you remember the name of the mission to start the haunted stuff? Then again I could probably just go to the Moon in the director and the starting mission should probably be selectable there?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

If I were really The Protagonist I wouldn't constantly be forced to use a weapon type (hand cannon) I hate to deal with something

e2: also what is the best way to get that ikelos shotgun to drop i want to get the pattern but it hasnt even dropped for me yet so I cant buy it. Is it heists?

The nodes in seraph station give you a guaranteed red border of each Ikelos weapon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The only way to get the 4 guns with Ikelos in the name is to open up the ... 32? 'Music Boxes' hidden around the galaxy

You have an item in your inventory called Resonant Stems. Press (Button) on them to spend 4x of the Stems, and the item will update with a Clue as to where you need to go. The clue will be something like EUROPA.CB.VARIKS.NEXT.TO.VARIKS.EXE and when you get close, ballet music plays

Once you've 'found' the Ikelos guns & purchased the necessary upgrades from the Exo Vendor in the HELM, you'll be able to purchase a redframe Ikelos weapon each and every day from the Exo Vendor

They do not drop from any other sources.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The only way to get the 4 guns with Ikelos in the name is to open up the ... 32? 'Music Boxes' hidden around the galaxy

You have an item in your inventory called Resonant Stems. Press (Button) on them to spend 4x of the Stems, and the item will update with a Clue as to where you need to go. The clue will be something like EUROPA.CB.VARIKS.NEXT.TO.VARIKS.EXE and when you get close, ballet music plays

Once you've 'found' the Ikelos guns & purchased the necessary upgrades from the Exo Vendor in the HELM, you'll be able to purchase a redframe Ikelos weapon each and every day from the Exo Vendor

They do not drop from any other sources.

Xur sells them lol owned bitch

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Get this guy outta here

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Get this guy outta here

Actually this is a really good question... if you keep buying it over and over from xur, do you have a chance of it being a redframe?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i have never bought a purple weapon from xur so i dont actually know if they can roll resonance or not

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It is funny that they're implementing light cap on all these activities like they weren't the motherfuckers who added a method for passing the light cap expressly to do the thing that they're now preventing. What is the point of having no upper limit on light if the activities all make it fixed anyway - just change the artifact level to be a loot chance multiplier and have a set gear cap.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Can’t you just pick the engram with the warmind symbol on it to get a random ikelos gun whether you’ve previously unlocked them or not? It just costs stems so you don’t want to do that before you’ve found all the music boxes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doesn’t he sell the 2.0 versions while the new ikelos are the 3.0 THIS TIME FOR REAL good version

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone here actually play this game i feel I’m going insane with some of these questions

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

It is funny that they're implementing light cap on all these activities like they weren't the motherfuckers who added a method for passing the light cap expressly to do the thing that they're now preventing. What is the point of having no upper limit on light if the activities all make it fixed anyway - just change the artifact level to be a loot chance multiplier and have a set gear cap.

they're getting us used to not being able to outlevel poo poo anymore and instead just having everything at a fixed difficulty so they can more cleanly delete power levels forever

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No one has actually played Destiny, we just think we have

Like that Sinbad movie Shazaam that was always on TV in the 90s

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone here actually play this game i feel I’m going insane with some of these questions

i do!!! i have even played the game with you before :(

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doesn’t he sell the 2.0 versions while the new ikelos are the 3.0 THIS TIME FOR REAL good version

No, they just fixed this so he sells the 3.0s now

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Do NOT step to a man who has never been owned online

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Did Riven legit for the first time. Fun, but I totally get why people opt for the cheese. Still, having beaten Riven legit does make me better than other people now...

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The game gives you brainworms, then you have to keep playing to feed the brainworms.

I thought we all agreed on that?

It's like the hive, but instead of dark insight and superpowers, you get to argue about 0.5% additions to secret weapon stats.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My worm is only fed by deleting non crafted god rolls.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nono, you argue about 0.5% secret weapon stats to tithe your brain worms.

In return, you get the smug satisfaction that you're better then the blueberries.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

from a certain point of view, you're the blueberry!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I liked champs as an idea, but when mods fell on archetypes I didn't fancy (The HC problem this season) it fell flat. But where it's going is good I think. Champs are gonna be a special enemy, and you'll be pretty much guaranteed to have a way to deal with them. They will probably become no different to dealing with a Servitor or Scorn shieldy thing. You see them and go "oh an Overload, grenade throw, headshot, move on".

Which I think is fine? Phalanxes, Servitors, etc all have ways you need to deal with them. Champions will be more of that, rather than the ultimate blockers. But also yes, more Hivebearers please. Tormentors sound cool.

Also hoping that with the buff to kinetic weapons and general energy weapon synergies that HCs might be okay in PvE this year? I'm hoping, not actually expecting tho.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Can’t you just pick the engram with the warmind symbol on it to get a random ikelos gun whether you’ve previously unlocked them or not? It just costs stems so you don’t want to do that before you’ve found all the music boxes.

I think it either only gives ones you've already found elsewhere, or isn't available until you've gotten all 4.

If nothing else, the 4 warmind modules in Seraph's Shield each drop a guaranteed redframe of a specific one of the weapons.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Are we gonna have the ability to break our buddies free of tormentor grabs, or is it gonna be another lost opportunity like shooting people free of stasis

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There was an unstoppable hand cannon mod this season??

Does Witherhoard know about this?!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's probably old hat for most here but doing a solo Seraph Shield legendary is the most accomplished I've felt since soloing witch queen legend campaign. Fun enough, the last fight was a lot easier than the one with those 3 goddamn giant exo things for me

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

It's probably old hat for most here but doing a solo Seraph Shield legendary is the most accomplished I've felt since soloing witch queen legend campaign. Fun enough, the last fight was a lot easier than the one with those 3 goddamn giant exo things for me

Yeah the difficulty spikes in that mission are a little odd.

Have you done the Deep Stone Crypt raid?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roctavian posted:

Are we gonna have the ability to break our buddies free of tormentor grabs, or is it gonna be another lost opportunity like shooting people free of stasis

The impression I got was it was an uninterruptible but very short pseudo-cutscene like a finisher and you are quickly released with a debuff. My guess is that, also like finishers, the only way to spare someone the debuff is to kill the tormentor before it reaches the key moment

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There was an unstoppable hand cannon mod this season??

Does Witherhoard know about this?!

Does Leviathan's Breath know about this?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

SUNKOS posted:

This is cool to hear. I haven't played any of it yet but the ship vs. ship Plunder stuff looked fun and I vaguely recall some weird neon Vex missions that looked good as well?

The Plunder stuff is boring as hell IMO (possibly because I've done too much of it) but those seasonal Splicer missions were really cool. the Splicer environment is sick as hell (even if it, lore-wise, feels loving dumb) and I'd love to see one of those come back as a strike.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I kinda wish they didn't spoil the tormentor grab. It would have been loving hilarious to experience that the first time.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If the Tormentor Grab isn't an instant kill we will know them for the Cowards that they are

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I think encouraging players to vary their loadouts is a good thing, although it's more fun if they do it through bonuses rather than penalties. Particle Deconstruction got me to actually use and appreciate fusion rifles, and while future mods shouldn't be as ridiculously overpowered, weapon specific boosts like that keep things fresh. Weakened Clear and Breach and Clear gave grenade launchers some much needed love, and there have been mostly defensive enhancements for swords and glaives. I'd love to see a shotgun boosting seasonal mod along the same themes.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Tormentor Grab, GI Joe King Fu Grip, things of that nature

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah the difficulty spikes in that mission are a little odd.

Have you done the Deep Stone Crypt raid?

nah I've never raided or done any of the dungeons except when someone dragged me through... the dreaming city one? for something. I need to set aside a weekend and ask for help doing all these quests I have for exotics in dungeons/operations

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

nah I've never raided or done any of the dungeons except when someone dragged me through... the dreaming city one? for something. I need to set aside a weekend and ask for help doing all these quests I have for exotics in dungeons/operations

The cool thing about having done Seraph Shield is you now know how to do just about all of Deep Stone Crypt! If/when a raid sounds fun, that's a great one to try out. What platform do you play on?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Yaaaay its Trials time, time to put cigarettes out on my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The cool thing about having done Seraph Shield is you now know how to do just about all of Deep Stone Crypt! If/when a raid sounds fun, that's a great one to try out. What platform do you play on?

PC