Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Since it’s just acting as a mouse, I’d think it would be affected by OS mouse settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

From what I've heard, some games just use raw input, and some use the windows settings. So it seemed for steam's controller input stuff it could go either way. Testing it on and off with a controller I have not been able to tell at the moment.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack Trades posted:

Even ignoring the gendered issues, having your character wear plate armor designed in a way that redirects potential weapon attacks directly into the solar plexus just demonstrates the designer's ineptitude.

They are comic books jack

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Weedle posted:

if wolverine was trans and got bottom surgery would her dick just grow back? asking for a friend.

It depends pretty heavily on the writer. Sometimes he is just a dude who heals fast but is essentially mortal, sometimes he is a demigod who can lift cars and regenerate from being destroyed down to a single cell back into a complete person.

Therefore, if you want Wolverine to be trans with a schlong or no schlong or able to reorganize their genitals at will or whatever, you need only imagine it so ~~

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Schrödinger's schlong

edit: of Thesyus

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

what does this mean for my hopes of a good XCOM 3

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Eason the Fifth posted:

It won't be called "XCOM 3".

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Eh it’s hard to tell. Like I’m sure Jake would’ve made a kick rear end XCOM 3, but Firaxis seems like the kind of studio that has a number of people who’ve been there forever and can make something cool. Probably the guy who directed War of the Chosen, I’d guess.

XCOM 2 by the end seemed like the terminus of that particular style of game. Idk how they could do much better. So new ideas might end up not so bad anyway.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Soooo there's a new Settlers game https://www.thesettlers.com

and it just came out today

not on steam

and I don't even see any reviews up

I'm guessing this means 10/10 game

also totally unrelated I'm sure, but the original creator of the settlers just put the listing up for his new game on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2155180/Pioneers_of_Pagonia/

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Wasted time, wasted opportunity, wasted money, and some managers out there laughing at us idiot: The Settlers New Allies

What can I say. This game is a POS. Starting from unacceptable game launch issues: black screen for minutes when starting the game; no sound majority of time; inability to alt+tab, minimize etc., people in PVP pause the game suddenly hoping you will just quit, and if you do, they get automatic victory. Economy is nerfed as compared to games from 20+ years ago (I blame economically illiterate people who were making this game, probably they believe welfare is the economy cause things are getting made without crucial materials [water for example], food or tools in this game). The game is literally alpha at best, they are simply cashing in on the franchise and whoever approved this project and idea is a a complete scammer. There is no other way to describe the project managers of this game as scammers. Fraud.

sounds good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Settling is more than a description, it's an imperative.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gyoru posted:

Economy is nerfed as compared to games from 20+ years ago (I blame economically illiterate people who were making this game, probably they believe welfare is the economy cause things are getting made without crucial materials [water for example], food or tools in this game).

go woke go broke :(

Anno
May 10, 2017

I remember the game being lit up during its betas for being more like AoE than Settlers. They delayed it for awhile after that but idk if they fixed it. My guess is not.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Pharaoh: A New Era

Tried the new Pharaoh remake. I wasn't a particular fan, but that's more because I forgot how out of the old Impressions city builders the only one I really liked in more than a tentative capacity was Zeus. Steam seems to be hotly abuzz with arguments on changes to the military system (which are fair, it's been simplified quite a bit, but it also was the weakest part of the game anyway) and quality of life (a bit more mixed - does adding a global worker pool outweigh the loss of the minimap?), but the overall game is a pretty faithful adaptation. More than anything else, that might be the biggest strike against it - if you can run the old game and don't mind 25 year old graphics (which are still pretty good) it's probably just about as worth your while to buy the old game on GoG or Steam, especially since it seems to be on sale (including the expansion) on GoG for $4.99 (or $9.99 normally, which it also is on Steam) compared to the remake's $19.54 ($22.99 normally).

Jossar fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 18, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I hope this isn't a pasta I've fallen for, because if this is legit then lol at another great example of the best use-case for the EGS: signing up for free money when you know you have a klunker that would have bombed on release on Steam, made even funnier by being an Ubisoft title

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

KazigluBey posted:

I hope this isn't a pasta I've fallen for, because if this is legit then lol at another great example of the best use-case for the EGS: signing up for free money when you know you have a klunker that would have bombed on release on Steam, made even funnier by being an Ubisoft title

Even if it was a pasta, that's still a pretty good move: take the money for one (1) exclusive, have it be bunk/abandoned, use money to make good game, post it on steam for cheaper than EGS

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/Settlers/comments/114u095/wasted_time_wasted_opportunity_wasted_money_and/

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

quote:

inability to alt+tab

:psyduck:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Also, I think NextFest broke something in me, where now instead of wanting to play games, I just want to play something for 20 minutes to an hour and then write up a review for the thread.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jossar posted:

Also, I think NextFest broke something in me, where now instead of wanting to play games, I just want to play something for 20 minutes to an hour and then write up a review for the thread.

Oh no, what an awful tragedy for all of us!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Te Lucas arts old dos adventure games are on sale. Anyone play them on the steam deck? Are they worth a shot if I've missed them? Specifically maniac mansion. Any of the others must play?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

My last, plaintive cry for Yi Xian: The Cultivation Card Game as a separate thread died about a month ago, but most people have still probably never heard of it and I still occasionally pop in and play a round so might as well plug it while I'm in a reviewing mood. Deckbuilding autobattler whose most common PvP mode is an 8 player round-robin brawl and whose PvE mode is just tough enough to be satisfying, even if the focus remains ranked PvP. The one big weakness is that while there is some flexibility in a card or two of your build, especially if you're in upper tiers of play and trying to counter an opponent's strategy, for the most part after a certain point in a match you reach the apex of your chosen archetype and settle for whatever spot you're going to get based on how the rest of the lobby built itself up. People claim the unlock system for sidejobs/characters is a big negative, but it really isn't. You get several for free, all of the characters are free in PvE, and the game's pretty generous with the non-cosmetic currency to unlock everything permanently just by playing. Ludicrously fun for $7.99, I still got a couple dozen hours out of it while I was in my "intense, sustained play" period.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 18, 2023

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Oscar Wild posted:

Te Lucas arts old dos adventure games are on sale. Anyone play them on the steam deck? Are they worth a shot if I've missed them? Specifically maniac mansion. Any of the others must play?

Loom is an underrated classic that did the Ocarina thing from Zelda years before Ocarina, I just downloaded it on the deck to see how it handles and...not well, it seems. I don't own Maniac Mansion to check, but showing 'playable' leads me to believe it might be better. Sam and Max Hit the Road is a personal favorite of mine, but is straight up unsupported on deck.

I didn't realize you couldn't get the OG Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, or Full Throttle anymore now that the remasters are out--or maybe those were never on steam to start with? Either way, that's a bummer, though the remasters are all pretty good (just not on sale!)

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020

Waste of Breath posted:

Sam and Max Hit the Road is a personal favorite of mine, but is straight up unsupported on deck.

Why do you say that? Scummvm works just fine on the Deck.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any good PvE type games like Warframe, Path of Exile but less complicated?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Ulio posted:

PoE and Warframe are pretty different games, can you narrow down exactly what it is you're looking for a bit?

EDIT: Will try and figure out some recommendations based on the general gist in absence of anything else, gimme a couple of minutes.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
dynasty warriors? if you just wanna beat up a million chumps as a god among men

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jossar posted:

PoE and Warframe are pretty different games, can you narrow down exactly what it is you're looking for a bit?

EDIT: Will try and figure out some recommendations based on the general gist in absence of anything else, gimme a couple of minutes.

Basically something you can watch or listen to something in another monitor. No real end, some form of co-op basically not solo but not pvp. I just don't like the complexity or grind of PoE or Warframe. Something you can kinda play and progress but doesn't have a million currencies/systems.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ulio posted:

Basically something you can watch or listen to something in another monitor. No real end, some form of co-op basically not solo but not pvp. I just don't like the complexity or grind of PoE or Warframe. Something you can kinda play and progress but doesn't have a million currencies/systems.

Risk of Rain 2

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Border/ Wonderlands

Anno
May 10, 2017

Borderlands would work. Probably Diablo 2/3 as well.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ulio posted:

Destiny 2 is like a less obtuse Warframe if you enjoy Halo style fps. It still has some system bloat, which is kind of endemic to the whole live service model, but its at least at a level where normies can understand it

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anno posted:

Borderlands would work. Probably Diablo 2/3 as well.

I played the first one a long time ago but I don't know something didn't click. Do you have to grind in it? I know its heavily loot based.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Hmm, usually I am the sort of person who really likes all the janky systems in these things, but...

I think Titan's Quest had a form of co-op, and it's sort of more directly in the Path of Exile ARPG lineage? But you sort of need somebody who's already committed to playing rather than just picking it up and finding people. Maybe try Deep Rock Galactic?

Jossar fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 18, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ulio posted:

Satisfactory

Anno
May 10, 2017

Ulio posted:

I played the first one a long time ago but I don't know something didn't click. Do you have to grind in it? I know its heavily loot based.

Sorry, I didn't see your thing about co-op. I haven't played Borderlands 3 and I think it's the only one of them with co-op. I don't think they're generally super grind heavy, though - games 1 and 2 didn't seem like it to me, at least.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

moosferatu posted:

Why do you say that? Scummvm works just fine on the Deck.

I didn't try it, but steam classifies the store version as unsupported for some graphical reason

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ulio posted:

I've been having a ton of fun with Deep Rock Galactic lately. Coop class based FPS with a good array of Difficulty options depending on your mood and skill level.

It's a little grindy in the sense that there are a lot of weapons to unlock for each class, but it's super fun so it doesn't feel like a chore or anything.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ulio posted:

Remnant from the Ashes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

drat horror queefs posted:

Therefore, if you want Wolverine to be trans with a schlong or no schlong or able to reorganize their genitals at will or whatever, you need only imagine it so ~~

Nah, that’s Mr. Fantastic. And, boy, is he!