Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ruth’s Chris.

Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I hate hate hate hate doing cleanup in our lovely database system so cases can close. Now I'm waiting for the county to give me access to the court order system so I can look and see exactly how all that poo poo got hosed up to begin with. Also I need to watch some dumb video for our new workflow study that's going to be handled terribly because our upper upper management sucks. Fridays man.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ruth’s Chris.

The video also kept calling it Ruth Chris and tbh it almost made me discount everything they said

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Pron on VHS posted:

if you live in the DC area, you owe it to yourself to check out Nasime. The best restaurant. Just do it and thank me later.

Thanks for the rec! I've heard unanimously great things but haven't gone, and it's harder now that I've crossed the river. May be a good spot to take my Dad though, he loves Japanese food.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
cross many rivers Shirts and Skins. Your dad and you will be talking about that meal for years to come. It is a bit pricy, about 90 a person.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
North palm got that athlete money so they tip heavy. Best spots compared to like Palm Beach.

Capital Grille is pretty top tier

Edit actually MJs place, 1000 north, is routinely amazing. Tequesta probably has the best collection of restaurants

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 17, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The single best thing I have ever eaten was from Nasime. Let me tell you about it, it was last summer. The final dish before dessert was a big bowl of cold udon noodles, with a gigantic lump of bluefin belly spicy tuna, chunks of watermelon, arugula, and corn. You mix it all together and eat. I was initially skeptical of such a bold combo of foods, but it was the most amazing thing. I am on a mission to remake it at home with *sigh* tuna from H mart

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1626610404909625346?s=20

Meanwhile Elon is on Twitter constantly bedwetting about ChatGPT :thunk:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

dirty shrimp money posted:

Reminds me of a few pho places I've been to that serve their beef raw, and then you dump it into the broth to cook while you dress it up with vegetables. One of them even did their take-out pho beef raw :barf:

This is the best way to do it though

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Pron on VHS posted:

cross many rivers Shirts and Skins. Your dad and you will be talking about that meal for years to come. It is a bit pricy, about 90 a person.

There is precedent! The best meal of my life I think was when I took my Dad to a fancy omakase place in Seattle for his 60th.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
TIL that GBS can pull down 750 viewers on a Friday afternoon. SA not dead and gay yet?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1626631349003030528?t=j1QiGNjejYElQiyitV27SQ&s=19

Worth reading the whole thing because god drat they don't even tap the brakes in it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Using my lunch break to schedule this fluffy boy for his first groom. Now I gotta get up and put the cat food away before going back to impotently yelling in to the void about out dumb, dumb workflow study.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My favourite food in thailand was the breakfast rice and chicken you could get for gently caress all from a street cart. Was usually fairly mild spice wise - which normally isn't my go to but with a gutful of beer from the night before, a stomach adjusting to new place and the stink of some of the city streets, it was a godsend.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Reminds me of a few pho places I've been to that serve their beef raw, and then you dump it into the broth to cook while you dress it up with vegetables. One of them even did their take-out pho beef raw :barf:

That's how you're supposed to serve pho though?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That's how you're supposed to serve pho though?
If you're going to consume the pho immediately, yes. If it's takeout and who knows how long that raw meat has been off temperature? Uhh

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If you're going to consume the pho immediately, yes. If it's takeout and who knows how long that raw meat has been off temperature? Uhh

protip: reheat the broth first

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

3 DONG HORSE posted:

protip: reheat the broth first

Maybe it's the son of a lunch lady in me but I'm not reheating expired raw meat

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I am tempted to foster a couple of rabbits even though my space would be a little cramped.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmfao the dumbest company ran by the dumbest man

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1626699135012446208?t=IBQtw-HD3oEYcROzrtO87w&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Apartheid

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The laptop I wound up buying came with a year of Xbox game pass free and I’ve been playing Forza 5, this game is gorgeous

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

The laptop I wound up buying came with a year of Xbox game pass free and I’ve been playing Forza 5, this game is gorgeous

Welcome to the family. I have never owned an Xbox, but I will proselytize Game Pass at every opportunity.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Welcome to the family. I have never owned an Xbox, but I will proselytize Game Pass at every opportunity.

It seems pretty great. I’ve also been playing around with Halo Infinite, any other suggestions?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

It seems pretty great. I’ve also been playing around with Halo Infinite, any other suggestions?

What do you like to play? I think most of the Bethesda stuff is on there, so if Halo Infinite is because you like FPS's, Doom (2015) and Doom Eternal are awesome.

e: wow, hosed up, Doom Eternal is, Doom (2015) is not

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 18, 2023

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blowjob Overtime posted:

What do you like to play? I think most of the Bethesda stuff is on there, so if Halo Infinite is because you like FPS's, Doom (2015) and Doom Eternal are awesome.

I’ll check those out too!

I like FPS but I’ve been into RPGs more lately. Just finished Chained Echoes and it was super loving good.

I’ve played rogue-likes like Hades and Spire and enjoyed those.

Really I’ll play anything if it’s a good game, not super picky on genre.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1626631349003030528?t=j1QiGNjejYElQiyitV27SQ&s=19

Worth reading the whole thing because god drat they don't even tap the brakes in it.

God I love The Onion.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

There's zero chance this doesn't break a bunch of poo poo at launch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

I like FPS but I’ve been into RPGs more lately. Just finished Chained Echoes and it was super loving good.

Other great things:

If you haven't tried it before, Hitman World of Assassination is a rebrand of the recent 1-3 games, which are comically ridiculous murder simulators with an absurd number of maps now. It also just added a freelancer mode which just drops you in with randomized targets and all sorts of goofy bonus goals.

Deathloop is a weird sorta Hades-esque FPS about a dude who realizes he's stuck in a timeloop until he kills 8 of the shittiest billionaires on the planet, while also being hunted by another assassin who knows slightly more then he does.

Citizen Sleeper is a narrative rpg about someone who sold themselves to a corporation, got mostly copied into a cyborg, then runs away and ends up on a space station full of people with problems, and all those problems are capitalism :v:

Yakuza - Start with 0, buckle up for a wild ride.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Things I've played or feel comfortable recommending (spotted more I know some people love, but maybe more niche). Straight up RPG's I'm not an expert, but a lot of games have RPG elements. Apologies if it's overwhelming, tbh I haven't gone through the Game Pass library in a long time and didn't realize there were 445 games on there now!

Cities Skylines - modern Sim City with more focus on granularity of roads and other transport

Crusader Kings 3 - "menu game" about your own dynasty circa 850 and 1100AD. Amazing, but holy poo poo so much to learn (lot of fans itt)

Darkest Dungeon - super cool RPG with Lovecraft theming. Run-based, so relatively easy to pick up for 30 minutes at a time

Dead Cells - never played it but Hades-esque side-scroller

Deathloop - Groundhog's Day FPS from Arkane (Dishonored, Prey)

Deep Rock Galactic - Run-based multiplayer FPS, 4 characters with different skills and weapons. Owns, but Samadhi can vouch that public games are a ton easier to find on Steam instead

Dishonored, Dishonored 2 - Immersive sim, stealth-action FPS with powers. Super fun to not worry about a perfect run, gently caress up, get caught, and get out of it

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - RPG and builder. Cute, pretty fun cube world to build stuff like Minecraft

Fallout 2 - Classic CRPG (ok this one is niche and not incredibly user-friendly but it might be my favorite game of all time)

Frost Punk - City builder but story-based with survival around a generator in a post-apocalyptic ice age

Hardspace: Shipbreaker - Use tools and float around in space disassembling ships for money to buy better tools and float around in space

Hitman: World of Assassination - Holy loving poo poo, play this play this play this, I didn't know it was on here. Third-person immersive game with amazing levels. Find stupid and fun ways to kill the targets, learn the levels, gently caress around and have an amazing time

Jurassic World Evolution 2 - Build your own Jurassic Park

Lawn Mowing Simulator - Haven't played but endorsed as a great gently caress around high and kill time game

My Time at Portia - 3D Harvest Moon-ish, but more of a workshop than a farm. Develop relationships, go to dungeons (the combat is not great), level things up

No Man's Sky - Fly around and collect things, upgrade your ships, get better ships. The worlds are all generated randomly, so the animals and plants will be relatively unique. Was panned at release, but has added a ton in the years since then

Persona 4 Golden, Personal 5 Royal - I'll defer to Ross, but these are the gold standard for Japanese RPG afaik

Prey - See Dishonored, but in space. Really gives you a ton of freedom to get into areas that are late game, a super developed space to explore. Very underrated, and another I will recommend at any opportunity

Power Wash Simulator - See Lawn Mowing Simulator

Spelunky 2 - Another Roguelike, sequel to what might be responsible for kicking off the wave of them

Stardew Valley - This is straight up Harvest Moon

State of Decay 2 - Real great 3rd person survival after zombie apocalypse. Swap between characters, establish a base, go get supplies. Has multiplayer, but it's weirdly centered on the host of the game with the other people kind of ancillary help

Super Mega Baseball 3 - Cartoony baseball game that is actually incredibly deep. Set the difficulty (ego) to 1 and blast dingers (or the pitcher), or ramp it up and have a good challenge

Tetris Effect Connected - Trippy Tetris, really cool integration of the visuals and music, great high

Titanfall 2 - Maybe the best FPS campaign ever made. Relatively short, every level is unique, seriously amazing

Wasteland 3 - If you already knew about Fallout 2 but wanted to play it in a modern game, that's Wasteland 3

Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 2 - Also recent Bethesda games. Kill Nazis

Yakuzas - Hot Diggity can weigh in here

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'll semi-randomly throw in a recommendation for Hell Let Loose for the FPS side of things. It's basically been the only FPS I've been playing for the last six months (Aside from Goldeneye on Switch :v:) and has crossplay.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God drat y’all thanks for the lists, this is great. I’ve played a few of these (Deathloop and Prey were fun) but some I’ve never heard of.

I’ve tried hitman games before and bounced off of them but I’ll give that one a shot, why not.

Titanfall2 is a good callout, I’ve heard great things about that

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

The Ruth’s Chris in Asheville took PPP money then immediately drug tested their own employees which would have been a massive local scandal if it hadn’t happened right before the owner of Itto was outed as a sex pest.
Drug testing restaurant employees? Lol goodbye most of the staff and good luck trying to hire more after that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Toddler's daycare is shelter in place thanks to an active shooter about a quarter mile away.

Headed over there now to retrieve him.

:911:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Also you can convert "Xbox Live Gold" into the much better and inclusive "PC Game Pass Ultimate" by:

1) Buy a year's card (or whatever time period you want) of Xbox Live. It should be about $50-60 for 12 months if you shop around
2) Buy the smallest increment card for PC Game Pass Ultimate ($~15)

3) Input all of your Xbox Live gold cards first, save the PC Game pass card for last. I believe you can do up to 3 years worth for this trick.
4) Once you've got your 3 years (or whatever) of Xbox Live redeemed, redeem the PC game pass card. It upgrades all of your remaining time to PC Game Pass Ultimate which includes Xbox Live, but you save roughly 50% off buying straight PC Game Pass Ultimate cards.

You can do this infinitely (up to 3 years in the bank) until Microsoft turns the plan off, you just have to let your account lapse for 24 hours before you do it again if you want to re-up.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My son is safe. Thankfully through police oversight the active shooter situation turned into a blazing apartment fire which is unlikely to reach my home a few miles away.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Greatest country in the world, just worrying about our kids getting murdered at school every day rather than do anything about free access to instant murder machines.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That receipt toy is amazing! I love puns.