Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1626668288725127168?s=46&t=MKXcRNFZO1qmyC4rZIKWFw

Look, I’m not obsessed with getting your attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Soylent Pudding posted:

Coming soon* the Tesla Land Systems m-420 main battle tank with full self warcriming technology.

The batteries are faulty, and the resulting clouds of poisonous fumes are ruled to be a violation of the Geneva Gas Protocol. Also the targeting system for the main gun was poorly stolen from a series of stack overflow posts and cobbled together by a series of unpaid interns.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol this boosting story is really eating him up

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think twitter should implement a feature that lets you "fart at" somebody.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Butcher posted:

MUSK: A Text Adventure Game

You awaken in your office which you insist your employees call the "decision chamber". You must have nodded off in your chair after another hard night of code review. This was actually just smoking weed and making LOL's until you passed out.

> L

Imagining Elon musk taking an L voluntarily and silently lol

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Hey that reminds me, wasn’t he gonna “release the algorithm” at some point? Whatever that actually means. I think the fans were very excited about his transparency at the time. Can’t wait to see it and understand it fully without knowing anything about algorithms

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I got this from an inside contact at Twitter who works as an engineer at the algorithm, and the algorithm is they paid us to promote what? Uh, gently caress. Ah gently caress! Oh poo poo o poo poo o poo poo. Someone revert the last 3 commits. Uhh. It does what. Wait let m

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Butcher posted:

MUSK: A Text Adventure Game

You awaken in your office which you insist your employees call the "decision chamber". You must have nodded off in your chair after another hard night of code review. This was actually just smoking weed and making LOL's until you passed out.

> L

You've already taken this.

e: goddamn it saddest rhino :smith:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 17, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Soylent Pudding posted:

Musk was represented in the twitter deal by Skadden. This was not a case of Musk having lovely lawyers that Twitters counsel ran circles around. Musk's lawyers were just as good as Twitters but it didn't matter because Musk was a lovely client.

I'm pushing back on this because "Musk had bad lawyers" gives him too much of a pass on his own incompetence and arrogance.

IIRC he purposely went against the advice of his lawyers multiple times. I remember reading that they were aghast that he waived due diligence despite them warning him repeatedly that it was one of the stupidest things you could do.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

kazil posted:

lol this boosting story is really eating him up

Can you blame him? It's really, really, really loving shameful what he did. The fact that he's super mad about how everyone's making fun of his completely shameful behavior is completely natural and would count as the most humanizing thing he's done in forever if he was actually loving human. Of course, the better choice would have been to simply be less desperately and terribly shameful for even one day, but with no one around to resist him, he's just gonna keep stepping on those rakes.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Karate Bastard posted:

I got this from an inside contact at Twitter who works as an engineer at the algorithm, and the algorithm is they paid us to promote what? Uh, gently caress. Ah gently caress! Oh poo poo o poo poo o poo poo. Someone revert the last 3 commits. Uhh. It does what. Wait let m

“Algorithm, I’ll go tweeting, I got my likes
Who could ask for anything mooooooore”

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Someone who's better at tech explain why this probably isn't good:

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1626699135012446208

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

any form of payment required for 2fa is dumb as poo poo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Trump* will tweet again

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

IBroughttheFunk posted:

He's trying to paywall basic account security measures.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Granted 2fa sms is one of the worst 2fas but...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

nullEntityRNG posted:

Granted 2fa sms is one of the worst 2fas but...

I started expounding on the weaknesses of text 2fa, but decided to just call it "basic"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

i thought he didn't want bots...

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

IBroughttheFunk posted:

No one is going to pay just to get 2 factor authentication, so this is equivalent to announcing that you plan to make user accounts less secure

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

So dumbass is literally trying to cover costs of services via users. The endgame to this trends to “pay to make a post”. More money = more speech, in the literal sense, lol

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
betcha the 2fa system is under great strain and isnt working properly and this is his mitigation

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Hacked accounts are as much (if not more) of an issue for Twitter itself as the account holder.

Also: making basic security tier-based will immediately alienate any and all security professionals that still gave the Musk/Twitter show any benefit of the doubt. But that ship had mostly sailed already.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

how many proposed features of the subscription has he implemented by now? anything more than having the top reply on elon's hilarious memes?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

kazil posted:

how many proposed features of the subscription has he implemented by now? anything more than having the top reply on elon's hilarious memes?

Everyone seems to have forgotten he promised revenue sharing too lol

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

twitter supports app or token based 2FA in addition to SMS so calling out SMS specifically sounds like they just want to save a few cents by not having to pay for SMS delivery to non-paying users

sounds like you'd still be able to use the other, better, forms of 2FA on a free account

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

AlmightyBob posted:

Everyone seems to have forgotten he promised revenue sharing too lol
Revenue sharing is live. No you can't see it, Elon will let you know when you have enough.

The thing is I can't tell if that's actually what happened or if I'm making it up.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
This is absolutely the saddest poo poo I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1626703667591270400?s=20

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
He should try taking away the ability to delete DM's and then start charging to keep them private.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Next week you will need Twitter blue if you don't want your password to be 1234

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

E the Shaggy posted:

I'd love to see it on his gravestone ASAP!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Underwhelmed posted:

Next week you will need Twitter blue if you don't want your password to be 1234

Complex Passwords - Now a Twitter Blue Exclusive

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
minor psa, make sure you lock your sim with whatever cell service you use so you dont get sim jacked.

also future lols when some blue checker gets sim jacked. also lol at like all banks still using sms based 2fa.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

E the Shaggy posted:

As much as he’s trying to play it off as an ironic joke I do genuinely believe that he sincerely was never happier than that moment. He’s sincerely proud of that tweet. So much so that this is the second time he’s tweeted that image today

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

He posted this poo poo earlier as some kind of proof that he wasn't boosting his tweets

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

E the Shaggy posted:

this led to me finding out that I had to re-block elno cause twitter unblocked him for me, what a loving shillbox of a site

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at the idea of musk buying a mega corp food company.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Paracausal posted:

this led to me finding out that I had to re-block elno cause twitter unblocked him for me, what a loving shillbox of a site

One out of every 66 people who saw that tweet hit the like button. Amazing accomplishment

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Steadiman posted:

As much as he’s trying to play it off as an ironic joke I do genuinely believe that he sincerely was never happier than that moment. He’s sincerely proud of that tweet. So much so that this is the second time he’s tweeted that image today

The best part is he most definitely stole that joke.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Castor Poe posted:

The best part is he most definitely stole that joke.

My grandpa used to joke about Cocaine in Coke, it is horribly unoriginal. He's just so dumb.

I mean no ones made that exact joke, but who but the richest idiot in the world could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

koshmar posted:

My grandpa used to joke about Cocaine in Coke, it is horribly unoriginal. He's just so dumb.

I mean no ones made that exact joke, but who but the richest idiot in the world could.

its not even a joke, it really did have cocaine in it. i dont know if its possible to "steal" a factoid