Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I once attended a money management class and the instructor began by asking how frequently you get your haircut. One guy said twice a week, and we all laughed and looked at him, and he was confused as to why this was amusing.

His hair wasn't fancy or anything. It was buzzed as far as I could tell but I guess he needed it to always be at exactly that length.

e: fuckin awful snipe, hey here's credburn's boring rear end anecdote

Facebook has this habit of spamming me with streamer ads, and after about a dozen "this is irrelevant to me" clicks, they finally go away. Then, whoops I looked up something about Yakuza, it seems like this guy changed his mind about streamers! Ad blitz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Madkal posted:

My buddy refuses to pay more than $15* per haircut and that includes the tip.

*Prepandemic he refused to pay more than $10. Bloody inflation.
Does he have to book an appointment before he travels back to 1995?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Madkal posted:

My buddy refuses to pay more than $15* per haircut and that includes the tip.

*Prepandemic he refused to pay more than $10. Bloody inflation.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I wish I still had hair. My friend is a hairstylist and even though she charged twice as much as my former barber I'd get compliments from complete strangers the day of. There's no confidence boost like that.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1626757587524890624?s=20

This fuckin guy...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

My Spirit Otter posted:

Ive never heard ben shapino talk before, my god, everything about that man is punchable

And the AI voice is actually more listenable. The dude is a professional radio host. The only reason he's on the air is because of how heavily subsidized he is, a few years ago I think open secrets had the figure, like 90% of his ad buy came from Koch affiliated stuff. He's totally on wingnut welfare.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1626732806817587202

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Probably nobody cares, but the @NBC chimes don’t match the sequence of those three tones in the actual sound spectrum. Just sayin’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rA-QgXL58

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The "nerd emoji" ( 🤓 ) may seem to represent a gawky human being in glasses who is socially inept, possibly uncomfortable, awkward, or obnoxious. In short, a broad archetype, rather than a specific person. But did you know that scientifically speaking, it is actually a portrait of Neil deGrasse Tyson?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SMS 2FA should never have existed

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Coolness Averted posted:

And the AI voice is actually more listenable. The dude is a professional radio host. The only reason he's on the air is because of how heavily subsidized he is, a few years ago I think open secrets had the figure, like 90% of his ad buy came from Koch affiliated stuff. He's totally on wingnut welfare.
He sounds literally like a human vermin, he would never be able to get a job as an announcer at a real radio station like ever.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

that's because the NBC rainbow is gay

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

more like elon just got the twilio bill

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate this guy.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

kirbysuperstar posted:

nobody's ever going to use an authorization app

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Actually Neil, they do, they're just going counterclockwise from the top left.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 10:35 on Feb 18, 2023

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Goddamn Tyson Degrassi.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Actually Neil, they do, they're just going counterclockwise from the top left.

that’s from twelve o’clock op

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Why would it even be expected to match that spectrum? Has he gone all-in on "unnecessarily contrary weirdo whines about irrelevant poo poo"? There's no way anyone is dumb enough to think people actually care about this.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Almost 15 million people have opted in to this sort of posting.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kenning posted:

Almost 15 million people have opted in to this sort of posting.
gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elysiume posted:

Why would it even be expected to match that spectrum? Has he gone all-in on "unnecessarily contrary weirdo whines about irrelevant poo poo"? There's no way anyone is dumb enough to think people actually care about this.

Yeah, he's been like that for years. It's like he watched Big Bang Theory and decided he should act more like Sheldon (with some early seasons Wolowitz thrown in too)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

goblin week posted:

nobody's ever going to use an authorization app

yeah and then they cry that things aren't secure because they use hunter2 for everything

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

yeah and then they cry that things aren't secure because they use hunter2 for everything

Yeah seven asterisks isn't a very secure password. I've actually had issues with asterisks cause the password took it when I changed it, but wasn't accepting it when I was typing it in, I believe it was seeing it as a wildcard

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

kirbysuperstar posted:

Would you install an "authentication app" built by nuTwitter.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

yeah and then they cry that things aren't secure because they use ******* for everything

:confused:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Splicer posted:

You can use the google authenticator app, and probably other ones. I just switched because while I know twitter is dying I don't want to miss it's last breath.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Splicer posted:

No but thankfully the MS and Google ones are good, the ones that people SHOULD be using for those accounts

but don't because what is security

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Oh no the security of my twitter account

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

CelticPredator posted:

I hate this guy.

I don't hate him. He was good as the host of Cosmos, although I recognize that's probably just due to the writers. I guess I'm a bit disappointed in him, for being a guy who started on the path to becoming the next Carl Sagan, but biffed it by being too online.

Actually this is now making me wonder how Sagan would have handled social media, and I don't want to go down that road.

EDIT: What's worse than meeting your heroes (or in this case, following them on Twitter)? Imagining how your dead heroes would have been on Twitter if they'd lived to see it.

Mister Speaker has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Feb 18, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Biplane posted:

Oh no the security of my twitter account

This happened like 15 years ago, but it kinda sucked when I had a bunch of real life friends and relatives who followed me on twitter got phishing DMs from my account.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Skwirl posted:

You can use the google authenticator app, and probably other ones. I just switched because while I know twitter is dying I don't want to miss it's last breath.

kirbysuperstar posted:

No but thankfully the MS and Google ones are good, the ones that people SHOULD be using for those accounts

but don't because what is security
Consider me schooled, but I'm going to append a mental "for now" against the first line of Skwirl's post.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
E: not worth it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Splicer posted:

E: not worth it

You're worth it, to me

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Mister Speaker posted:

I don't hate him. He was good as the host of Cosmos, although I recognize that's probably just due to the writers. I guess I'm a bit disappointed in him, for being a guy who started on the path to becoming the next Carl Sagan, but biffed it by being too online.

I saw him give a presentation live on stage a few years ago and he was funny, engaging and interesting, basically the polar opposite of his social media persona of “joyless wet blanket”. He just needs a camera in his face at all times and to be kept away from Twitter.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bargearse posted:

He just needs a camera in his face at all times and to be kept away from Twitter.

hell, same

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Was he like this before the Titanic star thing or was that when he turned over a new leaf?

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Mister Speaker posted:

Actually this is now making me wonder how Sagan would have handled social media, and I don't want to go down that road.

EDIT: What's worse than meeting your heroes (or in this case, following them on Twitter)? Imagining how your dead heroes would have been on Twitter if they'd lived to see it.

My first experience with him was Cosmos, which I liked, and it has been weird to see the goodwill I had toward him eroded away every time I see him comment on something since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

jjack229 posted:

My first experience with him was Cosmos, which I liked, and it has been weird to see the goodwill I had toward him eroded away every time I see him comment on something since then.

Hell, same