Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm hoping for third-party skeleton mods so you can explode people's bodies like the Truck Shepard episode of Monster Factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Wrestling Empire continues to give:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Disappointed that I missed his stream, Tom Walker is an extremely strange and very funny man.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
My favorite Wrestling Empire stream is the one New Legacy did where they had a goal of getting everyone fired from every promotion so they would get signed to a promotion and immediately challenge a random person backstage to a "Loser Leaves Town Battle Royale" with the entire roster in it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

My favorite Wrestling Empire stream is the one New Legacy did where they had a goal of getting everyone fired from every promotion so they would get signed to a promotion and immediately challenge a random person backstage to a "Loser Leaves Town Battle Royale" with the entire roster in it.

:same: but my second favorite is the new one they just did where they made Poipl DaClown and he died within 13 weeks from a groin injury suffered in a match where, earlier on in the match, he'd hit his opponent Hillbilly Jim in the dick 17 different times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jHcubkbPUQ here are the highlights

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

The moment Poipl got into the hospital up until the end had me dying of laughter. All-timer stream.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Speaking of NewLegacy, the WGGP title match this week was insane. Done in the same game as the amazing Steiner vs Test match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgUT3C2-Ei4&t=947s

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Drakkel posted:

The best part of that stream was when their plan backfired and all the clones of their wrestler got eliminated in the same match. Due to the funky way the game handles firings, the game interpreted this as:

Fired >>> Died >>> Fired From Death

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I'd also recommend Jerma's streams (highlights belolw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_nYtCuyhnM

In which Jerma for some reason gets into a blood feud with a referee that culminates in him throwing the man into the path of an oncoming subway train, steals his job as a referee, beats him to death in the street after he miraculously recovers from his train injuries, then crashes his funeral and destroys his casket.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The game has gotten a lot of exposure recently with Jerma, MoonMoon and Robbaz all playing it this year.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Another good NL Wrestling Empire stream: That time they played booking mode as JR and gave Dr Death Steve Williams such a high contract that if they ever booked him it'd instantly bankrupt the company and also he was the world champion

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Another good NL Wrestling Empire stream: That time they played booking mode as JR and gave Dr Death Steve Williams such a high contract that if they ever booked him it'd instantly bankrupt the company and also he was the world champion

Not quite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph4u-9MJU3U

It was later getting Kenta Kobashi with a most favoured nations clause that did their promotion in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Roster's out for the 2K game, and I'm pretty sure WWE's been petty enough to cut Mandy Rose.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1624061286836215808?s=20&t=8T0d4-bMX_4mOVa2eD4Wnw

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

they really replaced CM Punk at the front with Omega instead of Mox huh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kenny's prettier

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The only legends who weren’t in last year are the OVW versions of a few modern guys, Angle, The Bellas and Bruno. No Sid 🙁

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

excited for a non terrible wrestling game to come out

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Here's hopin

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

They've been promoting it more on TV. I bet they announce the date at the PPV.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

From the reporter who brought us "RAW is now TV-14"!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAeCs4xu44

I am digging the shortened intros. They are something I usually skip in WWE games because they're so long, but I'd keep those turned on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't care about entrances but i imagine some people strongly prefer the full thing and will be disappointed in that and how similar all abridged entrances are. but i can finally tell the rhythm of the game just based off of those quick clips. looks good

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I would prefer longer intros. You could always just press a button to skip them if you were impatient. When I play as Yuka I want the full AYAYAYAYAYAYA, drat it!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Was thinking of getting back into TEW2020 and found the game wouldn't work cause the license is tied to whatever PC it's installed on, so if you ever replace your computer or have a hard drive die on you (like I had recently) the license just won't activate and the only thing you can do is email some guy and hope he fixes it.

Stuff like and the games just overall interface make me wonder what it'd be like if someone ever made a slightly higher budget Wrestling sim game. Not even like a Football Manager level budget but at least enough that they can hire a UI/UX designer so we can have a game that doesn't take hours to get through a single week of game time.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Was thinking of getting back into TEW2020 and found the game wouldn't work cause the license is tied to whatever PC it's installed on, so if you ever replace your computer or have a hard drive die on you (like I had recently) the license just won't activate and the only thing you can do is email some guy and hope he fixes it.

Ah, the same happened to me a few months ago.

Drakkel posted:

Stuff like and the games just overall interface make me wonder what it'd be like if someone ever made a slightly higher budget Wrestling sim game. Not even like a Football Manager level budget but at least enough that they can hire a UI/UX designer so we can have a game that doesn't take hours to get through a single week of game time.

Pro Wrestling Sim on Steam manages to pass the bar while being on a platform that doesn't make me think I should get a new credit card issued.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Journey of Wrestling is pretty dece.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I've tried Pro Wrestling Sim but just didn't hit right for me, maybe not enough depth. Same problem I have with Journey of Wrestling. It's alright for something you can just pluck away at on your phone while on the bus or something but not enough mechanics going on to really hook me.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I think about making a wrestler or wrestling management sim every couple months or so but uh yeah, it's hard to balance the amount of options one would expect vs an approachable UI when you are just one broke, lovely man

it doesn't help that a minimal graphics wrestling management sim is likely to make zero dollars

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Fire Pro World's Fire Promoter was pretty fun and was almost there but it was missing so many of the match types/options from the main game that it doesn't quite hit right. If they ever make a sequel it could be real good.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I've tried Pro Wrestling Sim but just didn't hit right for me, maybe not enough depth. Same problem I have with Journey of Wrestling. It's alright for something you can just pluck away at on your phone while on the bus or something but not enough mechanics going on to really hook me.

i love JoW but i want so many things from TEW in it that will never happen. Setting up tv deals, selecting a commentary team, competent ai, a scenario that has any attention paid to luchadores, and other really fiddly bits.

JoW would probably be a good base for a gm mode in the 2k games or AEW:FF. its pretty quick to book things and i think the feud system is perfect for how lightweight it is.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
TFW when you score FPW on sale and get the DLC pack and download your 80s wrestlers to create the WWF VS NWA war you’ve dreamed of since you were a kid. Only to found you need yet more DLC to use the downloadable characters.

Like whatever it’s $10 - $12 more but seriously FPW folk just bundle everything and make it easy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I don't even know if JoW or Pro Wretsling Sim have regens.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Fire Pro Wrestling World's Fire Promoter and the modded in MOTW modes are good if you use mods to enable all match types, picking a winner/finish, and automatic belt switching and the like. It totally scratched that itch and feels like the Ultimate Version of these concepts, but the mod tools can be a bit unwieldy unless you're used to dealing with a somewhat unintuitive UI (I think that is a bit exaggerated tho) to get the stuff you want.

Modern UI has made us soft. :black101:

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 18, 2023

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
lol i finally finished buying all the fire pro dlc. buying it piecemeal from sales isn't bad

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
which wrestlers do you think are the most hypothetically fun to play in video games, like on paper

does that question make sense

like Rey Mysterio is very colorful, has a diverse and wide variety of costumes and has a dynamic, arcadey moveset, while Bryan Danielson is cool but a child would probably not pick him first

some wrestlers just have moves you would play the whole character for when you were 12, like The People's Elbow or any nutshot in WCW vs NWO Revenge (I think that's the one where it makes a bell ringing sound)

there's probably some wrestlers that should be fun but have never met their full potential in a real game due to hardware limitations or bad timing or whatever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Test

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Perry Saturn looked cool, had a Lenny Kravitz knockoff for a theme, and could do a bunch of suplexes, a powerbomb, a death valley driver, a top rope brainbuster and a mortal kombat legsweep.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Vader is cool. Lots of stiff looking moves and you get big fat guy moonsaults. Also, Scotty 2 Hotty for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Brian Cage