Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Biden 5eva types absolutely existed, but they were like, 100% older minorities whose only "social network" was "Going To Church". His support was completely invisible online.

I really dont think Mayo Pete was the intended choice for 2020, that was a trial run to set up a more serious run in '28.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

World War Mammories posted:

but castro cannot ever be allowed near higher office again because he pointed out that biden is going senile. that's some funny politics poo poo I remember

depressing that even Julian Castro is too cool to be president

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Biden 5eva types absolutely existed, but they were like, 100% older minorities whose only "social network" was "Going To Church". His support was completely invisible online.

I really dont think Mayo Pete was the intended choice for 2020, that was a trial run to set up a more serious run in '28.

I guess running a guy who mainly appealed to a demographic that mostly exists in Southern states that usually go red might have flipped Georgia, so in the end it worked out. But they came dangerously close to losing Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. So I still don't think it was worth the risk. But Biden really did seem to have luck on his side. Even the pandemic hit at the perfect time. Any sooner and it might have helped Bernie build support for universal healthcare. Any later and it wouldn't have been there to help Dems screw with polling places. Which was the final nail in the Bernie2020 coffin.

I think Pete became the default choice by Iowa because of a lack of better options. They didn't settle on a guy until it was late in the game because they were too factionalised. But the ability to overcome that factionalisation to unite behind Biden was impressive. That's not something the Republicans were able to do against Trump in 2016.

FreeRangeHexagon has issued a correction as of 02:38 on Feb 17, 2023

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

World War Mammories posted:

but castro cannot ever be allowed near higher office again because he pointed out that biden is going senile.
For some reason I was talking about that at work the day after and a manager insisted that Biden hadn't said anything incorrect. I'm guessing there was a "fact check" on CNN after the debate to cover his rear end. I do remember Castro being disappeared after that though. Should've pre-printed some t-shirts like Kamala, dummy.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Animal-Mother posted:

For some reason I was talking about that at work the day after and a manager insisted that Biden hadn't said anything incorrect. I'm guessing there was a "fact check" on CNN after the debate to cover his rear end. I do remember Castro being disappeared after that though. Should've pre-printed some t-shirts like Kamala, dummy.

biden being wrong or not was completely beside castro's point, which was that he was contradicting an answer he gave to a question less than five minutes ago

it was the mildest rebuke anyone had ever gotten in a presidential debate before, "you are saying something now that contradicts what you literally just said" and every pudding brained moron retired to their fainting couch because continuity of thought is ablest now

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
presidential candidate Wayne Messam

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Wayne Allen Root

T. Boone Pickins

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

stormy daniels

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Trump's dick looking like Toad from Mario Kart

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and an Unidentified Man

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lying dog faced pony soldier

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Animal Friend posted:

It's a common thing that people say all the time! Where've you been?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

:D

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Futanari Damacy posted:

it's a quote from an old John Wayne movie, no I don't know which one

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Jim Webb saying how proud he was to kill a guy on TV.

Martin O'Malley asking us to take pitty on him because it was his first day in congress.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

HootTheOwl posted:

Martin O'Malley asking us to take pitty on him because it was his first day in congress.
that was the chafe

Martin was the dude from The Wire.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Animal Friend posted:

I still think about that tweet that's making fun of this with the junkyard polecat and it still makes me laugh

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Echo Chamber posted:

that was the chafe

I thought they were the same guy, whoops.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

O'Malleymentum was derailed by a single goon's tweet

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shrecknet posted:

O'Malleymentum was derailed by a single goon's tweet

lmao

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Echo Chamber posted:

that was the chafe

No that was Littlefinger dumbass

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal Friend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4CysDpp40

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Biden bursting a blood vessel in his eye during a debate and the country collectively ignoring it.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
the United States letting dwight schrute be in charge of taiwan

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Jim Webb saying how proud he was to kill a guy on TV.

Lincoln Chafee trying to use the fact that he was a Republican as a selling point while campaigning for the Democratic nomination

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mister Bates posted:

Lincoln Chafee trying to use the fact that he was a Republican as a selling point while campaigning for the Democratic nomination

Charlie Crist trying to bury the fact that he was a Republican to campaign for the Democratic nomination

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That loser rear end Alaskan senator dying in a plane crash.

JFK Jr dying in a plane crash

JFK sr dying in a, well, you know.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ikanreed posted:

That loser rear end Alaskan senator dying in a plane crash.

JFK Jr dying in a plane crash

JFK sr dying in a, well, you know.

No, something flew into him, totally different

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Shrimp on treadmills becoming a national talking point for a week

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wasn't it a Kennedy that got vegetabled in a skiing accident too

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Milo and POTUS posted:

No, something flew into him, totally different

A second magic bullet has hit the president

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Lib and let die posted:

Charlie Crist trying to bury the fact that he was a Republican to campaign for the Democratic nomination
Charlie Crist having a fan in his podium on the debate stage to blow air into his balls and Rick Scott almost withdrawing from it at the last minute because he found it upsetting.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The virgin assassination attempt vs the chad almost choking to death on a pretzel

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Echo Chamber posted:

Charlie Crist having a fan in his podium on the debate stage to blow air into his balls and Rick Scott almost withdrawing from it at the last minute because he found it upsetting.

Just remembered that Crist tried to run as a democrat more than once lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:hmmyes:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

when matt gaetz got caught red handed paying a teenager for sex, went on tucker carlson's show and encouraged him to "remember when they ate dinner together" and then nothing happened to either of them

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

when matt gaetz got caught red handed paying a teenager for sex, went on tucker carlson's show and encouraged him to "remember when they ate dinner together" and then nothing happened to either of them

Matt Gaetz FTW.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A politician for the modern era

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1295876814926155776?lang=es

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This guy rules

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1626608452096126981?cxt=HHwWisCz_Zvx75ItAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

why did he take a picture of himself with two black eyes and then post it online?