Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kokoro Wish posted:

The trappers and their dialogue just tickle me.

"Heh heh heeeeh... I'm gonna get ya" "Another one for the collection, heeeeh..."

tfw she has a net made just for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

"Heh heh heeeeh... I'm gonna get ya" "Another one for the collection, heeeeh..."

It's even funnier when they get bowled over by a rampaging mutant as soon as they finish the line.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

she says something that sounds like "I'll sell you down the river" in a pretty creepy voice. That actor has some good reads

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'm a fan of their overly dramatic death screams - but especially the snipers that sound like theater performers.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

DarkDobe posted:

I'm a fan of their overly dramatic death screams - but especially the snipers that sound like theater performers.

It's a bad, dumb game that only idiots (like myself) play, but Star Trek Online has a fun April Fool's gimmick where, for one day, they replace all of the Star Trek button pushing chrips and tweets in the UI with someone (presumably a dev) making the noises himself. Like, a guy liteerall going "TWEEET" "BLOOP."

DT should do something similar, with a (very short) event that replaces sniper screams with straight up Wilhelm_Scream.wav

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Replace all the gunshot effects with the respective voice actors yelling the appropriate onomatopoeia.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Replace all the gunshot effects with the respective voice actors yelling the appropriate onomatopoeia.

Ogryn grenade is just the VO going 'BOOOOONK"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

"I'mmatank I'mmatank I'mmatank I'mmatank I'mmatank"

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
There was a half-life mod that replaced the sound effects like that. Good times.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

big cummers ONLY posted:

Honestly they should never fix this. Or it should be the last thing they fix before introducing Superdogs: dogs that were sent into space since game launch, that have mutated from radiation and are now hurtling back to the surface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScMTzoDCrk

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's a bad, dumb game that only idiots (like myself) play, but Star Trek Online has a fun April Fool's gimmick where, for one day, they replace all of the Star Trek button pushing chrips and tweets in the UI with someone (presumably a dev) making the noises himself. Like, a guy liteerall going "TWEEET" "BLOOP."

DT should do something similar, with a (very short) event that replaces sniper screams with straight up Wilhelm_Scream.wav

Timesplitters (I forget which but probably all of them) has a mode where all of the gun noises are replaced with Human Gun sounds and it's as awful/amazing as you can imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcQleplNe90

WARNING: LOUD

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Timesplitters is so obviously a series I would have been big into if it were on PC when I was growing up, but it wasn't which is a shame

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would any of you ever trust Fatshark of all devs to add in a april fools joke and not have it explode the game or accidently end up permanently showing up every other patch?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

This is what the Crusher is doing, the armored bastard.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would any of you ever trust Fatshark of all devs to add in a april fools joke and not have it explode the game or accidently end up permanently showing up every other patch?

Fatshark would spend dev resources on a fantastic map for April fools with a unique event that everyone enjoys

And then remove it after a week and never speak of it again until next year

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In the first planetside when it was on deaths door the devs put in dumb poo poo like christmas hats and then no one bothered to remove them until like april.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Anthem did the same thing with Christmas decorations lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That loving sticker or whatever in Anthem with the skull and crosshair that someone made their av was so goddamn funny and so clearly a sign of "oh yeah this is not going to be good"

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
lol loving BF2042 is currently a more robust game than janktide.

Please give the next tide to freaking anyone else.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Dpulex posted:

lol loving BF2042 is currently a more robust game than janktide.

Please give the next tide to freaking anyone else.
Only if they keep the same combat-designers around. And the audio/graphical people. In fact, keep everyone except for the higher-uppers and whoever is responsible for the progression systems. :v:

Has 2042 improved the map-design much since release by the way? My main beef with it during the open-beta was that all the maps were wide-open empty spaces with barely any cover around. Took ages to get from point to point as well.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

explosivo posted:

That loving sticker or whatever in Anthem with the skull and crosshair that someone made their av was so goddamn funny and so clearly a sign of "oh yeah this is not going to be good"

:bioware:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
yeah funny how 2042 is a better game than it was...a year and bit after release :smuggo:

gently caress that game and DICE, I legit enjoyed it even then but the motherfuckers literally took out 128 player breakthrough from the regular playlist and no longer officially support it, the one mode I bought the game for

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Put 128 player mode into Darktide imo. 4 PCs chosen at random, everyone else plays melee enemies with 2hp

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

big cummers ONLY posted:

Put 128 player mode into Darktide imo. 4 PCs chosen at random, everyone else plays melee enemies with 2hp

open mic for all of them too

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum
and they're Orcs and the louder they WAAAAGH the faster they move.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Exodee posted:

Only if they keep the same combat-designers around. And the audio/graphical people. In fact, keep everyone except for the higher-uppers and whoever is responsible for the progression systems. :v:

Has 2042 improved the map-design much since release by the way? My main beef with it during the open-beta was that all the maps were wide-open empty spaces with barely any cover around. Took ages to get from point to point as well.

It has 1 good map now.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

They removed the 128 match size? lol lmfao

At least DRG isn't failing me

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Elem7 posted:

and they're Orcs and the louder they WAAAAGH the faster they move.

AndyElusive posted:

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Mega Comrade posted:

It has 1 good map now.
:lmao:

Maybe in 5 years then

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I loaded up a quick play malice map and saw we had three pskyers and one ogryn.

Map was a lights out. One of the players shot a deamonhost. No one could see what was going on and we got wiped. It was fun.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lights out is miserable but it looks amazing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/KCWfcDH.mp4

boxed

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
DRG is almost a perfect game. Put in frogs so it can be deep frog galactic and Tide will look like even more of a scam

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Playing no-stress ogryn is just casual gory fun. Me and my wife made a simultaneous Ogryns with matching names and only play them together on what-is-easy-for-the-level difficulty (just jumped to malice at level 9, now lvl 11 and melk opened up, propably not going malice high intensity until lvl 15 or 18) so we stay the same char level at all times.

It is just very satisfying that the lvl2-unlock melee weapon is super effective and most ranged weapons are either good enough or too fun not to use- with the base kickback being almost too good to change away from.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

The trappers and their dialogue just tickle me.

They have this really sweaty essence to them that makes me think of warhammer model collectors and they're therefore my favourite.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

celewign posted:

I loaded up a quick play malice map and saw we had three pskyers and one ogryn.

Map was a lights out. One of the players shot a deamonhost. No one could see what was going on and we got wiped. It was fun.

Had you mentioned a zealot I would have felt the need to apologize

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Guys, I know you like your staffs, but Psykers have access to guns with flashlights for a reason.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm offended if someone brings flashlights on power outage because then I can't enjoy the inky blacks of my OLED as much

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

Guys, I know you like your staffs, but Psykers have access to guns with flashlights for a reason.

Unfortunately if you quickplay into a match in progress you can't change your staff out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Mendrian posted:

Unfortunately if you quickplay into a match in progress you can't change your staff out.

Them's the risks if you click the button, I guess.