Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

silvergoose posted:

If you beat brutal on any mode (suggestion: custom with 4 blues and a something), you unlock heaven: 20 green points worth of blessings

Oh hell ya. I do easy runs all the time now because the blessings lead to some fun combos. Got something to try now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

some plague rats posted:

I would like to know more about this?

So there's a mode, custom party, and while you can go for five blue heroes, proooobably it'd be best to include a yellow or an orange just to make sure you have a physical damager to beat up thorns and stuff. I forget if people mostly recommend orange or yellow.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Nonsense. Use five Cultists and bum rush the Thorns with 1-dmg single-use lifesteals :black101:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly I'm also on the "just use 5 mages" train, thorns are somewhat uncommon and there are enough mages that can deal with it

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
If you could ununlock thorns it would be too op

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Count me in on asking when the next update is. Not that it needs it, I just want some more content! Feature requests (I only play Blursed):

Remind me when I start with an item in Blursed and don't equip it. Not that I need it on a level 1 fight, but it would make me feel better. The game reminds me every other time an item is newly acquired and isn't equipped so I imagine it's just a matter of adding a flag to the first fight.

"You can only keep 0 mana". I know, all my spells cost 2 minimum, there's nothing I can do with this 1 mana!

Move "all enemies shield 1 whenever any enemy dies" and "all enemies shield 1 on getting hurt" to tier 2 or just removd it altogether because I'm not smart enough to figure out the combat math puzzle as it is.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

silvergoose posted:

So there's a mode, custom party, and while you can go for five blue heroes, proooobably it'd be best to include a yellow or an orange just to make sure you have a physical damager to beat up thorns and stuff. I forget if people mostly recommend orange or yellow.

oh poo poo I didnt realise custom let you use multiple same colour classes?? What's the strategy with four blues? Do you just try to rush damage and kill everything before your health runs out?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

some plague rats posted:

oh poo poo I didnt realise custom let you use multiple same colour classes?? What's the strategy with four blues? Do you just try to rush damage and kill everything before your health runs out?

Yep. Take curses that lower your dudes’ durability, increase enemy damage, or cause damage over time, don’t touch anything that added foes or toughens them up. Use all your mana to burn ‘‘em down! Cast blaze three times in one turn!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

some plague rats posted:

More or less. On Unfair in particular the goal is to suicide bomb the other side in 1-2 turns which means abusing powerful pain sides and letting your dudes die on the regular in favor of all-out offense

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Bug report (Android): If you have two of the same item they both show up in your inventory but one will disappear when you move them around or equip them. I've had this happen with two Angel Feathers and two Coiled Snakes.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

How on earth are you getting doubles? I didn't even know that was possible.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
^ In Hypercursed, got an item and a blessing together after a boss battle. The item was Angel Feather and the blessing was... a permanent Angel Feather.

Another time I had Coiled Snake from a curse and got a second one from an event that also gave me a Chainmail.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smiling Knight posted:

Yep. Take curses that lower your dudes’ durability, increase enemy damage, or cause damage over time, don’t touch anything that added foes or toughens them up. Use all your mana to burn ‘‘em down! Cast blaze three times in one turn!

Big Mad Drongo posted:

More or less. On Unfair in particular the goal is to suicide bomb the other side in 1-2 turns which means abusing powerful pain sides and letting your dudes die on the regular in favor of all-out offense

genuinely excited to give this a go next time I've got downtime at work, thanks

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

silvergoose posted:

If you beat brutal on any mode (suggestion: custom with 4 blues and a something), you unlock heaven: 20 green points worth of blessings

Yooo so I beat unfair followed by brutal. 1 run each. 4 blue and a red is a pro gamer strategy.

Now I get to play Heaven mode. Thanks dude! Not touching hell mode lol.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Trip report: Infiniheal and Timestone on an Armourer is highly amusing, particularly when you have Dancer and Boss Smash.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

This is easily the most hilarious character I've ever had. I just laughed my rear end off as I took infinite actions against Hexia.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Haha oh god, cleave reuse? Somehow it never even occurred to me that such a thing could be possible.

Sometimes this game just hands you an infinite and tells you to go nuts.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

5-Headed Snake God posted:

This is easily the most hilarious character I've ever had. I just laughed my rear end off as I took infinite actions against Hexia.

A game this perfect doesn't need a balancing patch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Haha oh god, cleave reuse? Somehow it never even occurred to me that such a thing could be possible.

Sometimes this game just hands you an infinite and tells you to go nuts.

It's actually possible with non-random characters, isn't it? Leader with Silk Cape and Poseidon's Trident would have Cleave Reuse on the middle side.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Managed to cruise through most of an unfair run on 4 blue 1 orange who had cantrip. Hit a late level with gnoll/ 3 thorns and got absolutely wrecked

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

It's actually possible with non-random characters, isn't it? Leader with Silk Cape and Poseidon's Trident would have Cleave Reuse on the middle side.

The level 1 item that just swaps left & middle is also handy for this, much easier to arrange than Cape.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Inceltown posted:

A game this perfect doesn't need a balancing patch.
:emptyquote:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Got the the custom unfair win, but drat brutal is appropriately named

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

For heaven mode do you have to hit 20 points exactly or is there a way to be under?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Exactly, and that makes for very difficult blessing choices sometimes

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Got my first 100+ Blursed run. I didn't get Bolt until the fifth cycle, oddly. Don't remember much else about it except that on run 4 I got Charged Hammer and Blue Skink - turns out that 15 shield sides with Repel are fairly good - and at one point I clowned Hexia by putting cleave on an "add self-heal/self-shield" side.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Congrats!

I like Blursed a lot because it gets right down to the concentrated essence of Slice & Dice: taking a big pile of broken bullshit against a big pile of broken bullshit and seeing which side is more bullshit.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

I don't like blursed personally but I'm glad I added it because a lot of people love it! It's fun to include any easy-to-add and potentially-interesting modes, though the game becomes a bit of a mess :)

Working on more weird "modding" stuff. I'm not quite sure what these will be used for but you can, for example, create a custom dungeon with custom fights/rewards and share it via copy/paste. The messagephase pops up a little box in the rewards section that can say whatever. But you can add any phase, like levelup hero, random challenge, custom-defined challenge/rewards etc.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I know exactly what dungeon I'm gonna make for this thread

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

CainFortea posted:

It has to be only thrones and brambles with slate for bosses, right?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I've been playing this a lot and love it but I have this complaint: it is way too easy to click through Start -> Yes instead of Continue and overwrite a lot of progress in an extended run. This also seems to happen if you just click on a game mode to see what it is while you have a game going in another. It'd be nice if it was either harder to inadvertently reset a run or easier to undo a reset.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duderclese posted:

It has to be only thrones and brambles with slate for bosses, right?

Graves, slates, and Basalts as far as the eye can see!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CainFortea posted:

loss

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
uo deceit with lich lord room as the boss

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Tann posted:

I don't like blursed personally but I'm glad I added it because a lot of people love it! It's fun to include any easy-to-add and potentially-interesting modes, though the game becomes a bit of a mess :)

I like the endless aspect of Blursed. Getting a streak in any roguelike is rewarding, but I really like how Blursed lets you carry over things from run to run.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tann posted:

Is there really any reason to have separate modes for Blursed and Cursed instead of just one mode with different difficulty options? It's the same ruleset other than extra starting blessings for Blursed, same as the difficulty selection on other modes.

(i ask mainly because if it was a difficulty selector then it could be added to cursed-hyper so that we could play blursed-hyper without clogging up the new game menu further)

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

"Banned" level 14 item with icon of a hammer - gives growth and cleave lmao.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Ferrinus posted:

I've been playing this a lot and love it but I have this complaint: it is way too easy to click through Start -> Yes instead of Continue and overwrite a lot of progress in an extended run. This also seems to happen if you just click on a game mode to see what it is while you have a game going in another. It'd be nice if it was either harder to inadvertently reset a run or easier to undo a reset.

Each game mode has its own save slot, so you can put down a cursed run for a bit and play some random or a paste without losing your progress

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Got stuck in a loop where I was down to one guy who had the lichs tome equipped so every turn he took summonded a bones and rolling the dice to kill it would summon another one lol. Had to scrap a lvl 17 unfair run!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

some plague rats posted:

Got stuck in a loop where I was down to one guy who had the lichs tome equipped so every turn he took summonded a bones and rolling the dice to kill it would summon another one lol. Had to scrap a lvl 17 unfair run!!

I never, ever take that damned book