Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

land crossing, and they are 24 packs

Oh I didn't even read it. I just assumed 30.

I literally had no idea there were duty free shops at the border.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:patriot::canada:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Holy poo poo. Are they on both sides of the border?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

yeah but there are specific rules, im not exactly sure how it works but if me, a canadian, who was in the states for more than 48 hours then i can bring back 24 beers duty and tax free

dont think you could just mosy up as a US citizen and get it that cheap for some reason

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

la fin du monde on deck its friday baby

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's what we called them as kids.

6 pack
Case (12)
18 pack
Hero pack

I don't know the official slang.

Why do you call 30 packs of Busch lite

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

The quickly-pay-and-get-out-of-the-store-before-anyone-sees-you pack.

Budweiser is the anti-hero pack. Just trash. Better than Corona though but that's not a high bar.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Smugworth posted:

That would be Beast.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

When I visited the Great White North they had Bud Light Apple which I enjoyed and brought home with me. I miss that poo poo. Just appley enough to cover up that bud light flavor but not enough to forget it’s a beer.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

last work meeting of the day went almost 3 hours and ended at 8 pm :negative:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

mutiny :yarr:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Goddamn I can’t wait until these kids go to sleep

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

jesus

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Holy poo poo. Are they on both sides of the border?

numberoneposter posted:

yeah but there are specific rules, im not exactly sure how it works but if me, a canadian, who was in the states for more than 48 hours then i can bring back 24 beers duty and tax free

dont think you could just mosy up as a US citizen and get it that cheap for some reason

Basically what #1p said. Like if you’re in the US you can’t go to the US side and just buy cheap booze and go back home(they store your license plate). You basically have to visit Canada for two days, buy at the Duty Free on the Canadian side, then go home with your tax free booze. There are maximum limits (last time I think was 24 beers and 1.5L of liquor per person).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i also smuggled in a 24 oz PBR that was over the import amount :ninja:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

doozy of a workday but that's in the past, it's friday night

might buy some beer and play some games

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fuckstick posted:

When I visited the Great White North they had Bud Light Apple which I enjoyed and brought home with me. I miss that poo poo. Just appley enough to cover up that bud light flavor but not enough to forget it’s a beer.

If you get to WI then pick up some New Glarus. Spotted Cow is generally the most consumed and my favorite but they have a few others. You can't get it outside of WI. That's what you see the Red Letter Media guys drink just about every episode.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Does Canada have different standard sizes for liquor bottles than the US? Here the big bottles are 1.75L, so a 1.5L limit would be pretty awkward. I guess you could just get two 750ml ones but that's usually a bad deal.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

i also smuggled in a 24 oz PBR that was over the import amount :ninja:

Reported to CBSA, you’re goin down pal :siren:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Basically what #1p said. Like if you’re in the US you can’t go to the US side and just buy cheap booze and go back home(they store your license plate). You basically have to visit Canada for two days, buy at the Duty Free on the Canadian side, then go home with your tax free booze. There are maximum limits (last time I think was 24 beers and 1.5L of liquor per person).

drat, that sucks. When I was in Denmark my mom and one of our hosts drove over the border to Germany to pick up booze and went straight back home. So I was in Germany for like an hour. For alcohol for my parent's and friends.

I actually probably got stamped for that. I'd have to find my 25 year old passport.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Devils Affricate posted:

Does Canada have different standard sizes for liquor bottles than the US? Here the big bottles are 1.75L, so a 1.5L limit would be pretty awkward. I guess you could just get two 750ml ones but that's usually a bad deal.

Same size bottles. I just looked it up and it’s actually worse: 1L per person.

You can go over the limit, but they add some tax back on the amount over the limit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well that's like when you hit TSA and you gotta slam your drink.

Just slam .75L of booze in front of the nazis. Then they'll have to let you go right back into your car and drive home.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

If you get to WI then pick up some New Glarus. Spotted Cow is generally the most consumed and my favorite but they have a few others. You can't get it outside of WI. That's what you see the Red Letter Media guys drink just about every episode.

You don’t say? :grin:

Edit: don’t pay no mind to that Busch NA poo poo down there. That’s my wife’s..I should’ve cropped it out. Now I’m ashamed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:hfive:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Well that's like when you hit TSA and you gotta slam your drink.

Just slam .75L of booze in front of the nazis. Then they'll have to let you go right back into your car and drive home.

Last time I came back I bought 2L and I just declared the extra bottle at the border and didn’t get charged anything. They don’t care unless you make a habit out of it or are trying to bring ridiculous amounts across.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Same size bottles. I just looked it up and it’s actually worse: 1L per person.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the 1L rule applies to hard liquor, and beer is treated differently.

What I would like to know is how much do they charge you in duty for anything over the limit?

Fuckstick fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 18, 2023

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Spotted Cow is incredibly overrated. Do people know about Summit EPA?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Spotted Cow is incredibly overrated. Do people know about Summit EPA?

It kinda is. It's a good solid beer but I think it has the whole McRib thing going on. You can only get it at certain times (places).

But it's a good step up from Miller and doesn't cost as much as some 6 pack of PNW HyperIPA.

Oh, and it's always on tap.

Those fools out there say draft. I asked what they had on tap and they didn't even know what I was saying.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

It kinda is. It's a good solid beer but I think it has the whole McRib thing going on. You can only get it at certain times (places).

It's good. It's not great. I used to get a couple when I drove over to golf.....until I realized that it was more a novelty than anything.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

But it's a good step up from Miller and doesn't cost as much as some 6 pack of PNW HyperIPA.

Oh, and it's always on tap.

Those fools out there say draft. I asked what they had on tap and they didn't even know what I was saying.

Well there's no question that it's a step up from Miller. It's a good beer. But what do I know. I'm from Minnesota.

And I think that Summit EPA is one of the best beers. Sue me.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

I like the spotted cow but I would trade that whole 12 pack for a bottle of Red Hook ESB.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't had Red Hook in forever. I used to do trivia a lot at their brewery in Woodinville, WA.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I haven't had Red Hook in forever. I used to do trivia a lot at their brewery in Woodinville, WA.

I did a tour there once! Sucks it closed.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
In WI everyone has spotted cow on tap, so it's always the reliable backup if you can't find your favorite or something else that's interesting. Or the entire menu is full of IPAs. I'm too old to drink those anymore.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Another Wisconsin ale I enjoy is supper club. Pretty solid brew.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hella beer chat. verily friday vibes and yet, i shan't be participating......

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

This.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Whoa WhO wHAOOOO holdup OP whats with the star you a mod now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Why not stickied still?

edit: why not done?