Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bonk posted:

I feel like Eddie would be perfectly happy fighting All Japan/NOAH guys forever anyway.

Eddie loses... goes to the Tokyo Dome, helps Kaito win and demands a title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

i keep thinking it would be good if kaito beats okada for the title. then naito can get it back for nooj

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Osaka crowd were so ready for a Shingo win :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfdGVhBm3kE

Opens with an Eddie Kingston promo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saw both Isami Kodaka (BASARA) and Great Sasuke (M-Pro) announced for Jr Fest. Both those men are lunatics so good additions

e: oh poo poo, and Onryo (666)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Osaka crowd were so ready for a Shingo win :(

so was i :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

goddamn I love him

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I said a while back that once Clark started showing more personality that he’d really take off and I’m so, so glad he’s just gotten REAL weird with it. looking forward to that match! (the whole show, sure, but especially what those two put on)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dude is in his De Niro bag at 3:45, I fuckin love it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the escape goat posted:

I said a while back that once Clark started showing more personality that he’d really take off and I’m so, so glad he’s just gotten REAL weird with it. looking forward to that match! (the whole show, sure, but especially what those two put on)

Zack and Clark felt like real life banter between two people who actually respect each other (probably because it was lol) compared to what you tend to get on pro wrestling TV. I hope Zack gets more matches with guys like Clark and Ren and fewer with guys like Ishii so that title can do what it was advertised as

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The stuff between Zack and Clark was great, wasn't feeling the Kingston stuff but maybe it's just because he didn't have Jay to bounce off of

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Zack and Clark felt like real life banter between two people who actually respect each other (probably because it was lol) compared to what you tend to get on pro wrestling TV. I hope Zack gets more matches with guys like Clark and Ren and fewer with guys like Ishii so that title can do what it was advertised as

I mean… the Ishii match was incredible so I’m fine with more of those too but yes, put him against all the young and hungry dudes for sure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SG Bamboo posted:

The stuff between Zack and Clark was great

That promo had strong 'just been in the back slamming beers together for an hour' energy. They should totally put Clark in TMDK, him and Zack have easy chemistry and his brand of weird would go great with Shane Haste. Mad Mikey can be there too as well I guess

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

He's The Mikey, he has to be there.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can't have The Mikey Don't Kneel without him

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the escape goat posted:

I mean… the Ishii match was incredible so I’m fine with more of those too but yes, put him against all the young and hungry dudes for sure.

The Ishii match was great but if you’re going to do that then it could be for the NEVER or RevPro or something. I want to see them using the TV title to get the younger guys over

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The Ishii match was great but if you’re going to do that then it could be for the NEVER or RevPro or something. I want to see them using the TV title to get the younger guys over

Yeah but the NEVER has transitioned away from strong style Title to "Basically the IC without the prestige"

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I think they're trying to make the TV title the "Strong Style" belt and building towards Narita taking it. So hopefully it'll be doing both - giving a platform to younger guys and providing the style of match the NEVER belt used to have

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah but the NEVER has transitioned away from strong style Title to "Basically the IC without the prestige"

That’s the US. NEVER is the Bullet Club belt now. Anyway what I mean to say is that Zack/Ishii is a match that could be for any belt bar the big boy one. Zack/Clark feels like a match that could only be for the TV title so it’s nice to have something with an identity.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1626788323015659520?s=46&t=LVmf5F0XsxEG3kIb5AlVgA

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Is my understanding accurate that Battle in the Valley will be chopped up and put in the NJPW Strong slot in the coming weeks?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yes but show looks good enough I'm gonna watch it live

Also lamo Karl got NXT'ed

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what time is Battle in the Valley, how do I watch it in English, where's the VOD gonna be, how long is it gonna take for the VOD to go up?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

So what time is Battle in the Valley, how do I watch it in English, where's the VOD gonna be, how long is it gonna take for the VOD to go up?

Starts at 11:20 AM JST, I don’t know the other times.
It’s a PPV on Fite
It’s going to be aired in chunks on NJPW World as episodes of STRONG

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The main show's starting at 10PM Eastern and will have the following matches:
Mascara Dorada, Josh Alexander, Rocky Romero and Adrian Quest vs DKC, KUSHIDA, Kevin Knight and Volador Jr
Filthy Tom Lawlor vs Homicide in a Filthy Rules fight
Fred Rosser defends the Strong Openweight title against KENTA
Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) defend the Strong Openweight tag titles against West Coast Wrecking Crew (Royce Isaacs and Jorel Nelson)
Switchblade Jay White vs Eddie Kingston; if Jay loses he leaves New Japan altogether including in the US, if Kingston loses he needs Jay's permission to ever fight in New Japan or against New Japan talent again
Zack Sabre Jr defends the New Japan World TV title against Clark Connors
KAIRI defends the IWGP women's title against Mercedes Mone
Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP title against Hiroshi Tanahashi

The preshow's free on Youtube and starts at ~9:20PM Eastern and will have the following matches:
Alex Coughlin vs JR Kratos
David Finlay vs Bobby Fish

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Really looking forward to Coughlin doing stupidly strong suplexes on Kratos

Anyway on Rocky's WOR interview they confirmed that TV Asahi crew is shooting this so it's going to be the best looking US show in a long time

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

main show 10:00, PM EST preshow 40 minutes before gong. there were a couple weeks i could't update the thread due to not having a functional computer but it's been updated since the osaka show.

will get a thread up soon

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/StarLight_Kid11/status/1626876610317262849?t=E4obEDM6xTbZdhPMIxYPCg&s=19

Despe hanging out with a bad crowd of chocolate thieves since szg broke up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
oh gently caress blond Despy :stwoon:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spoiler for non-NJPW event Click here for a Twitter link

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 19, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell yeah Nagata!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 19, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wasn't expecting to be spoiled on that in the New Japan thread, that's disappointing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cmon guys, give it a day or two before showing that openly. Especially given the time zones.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry, I didn't know that show aired today!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Wasn't expecting to be spoiled on that in the New Japan thread, that's disappointing

I spoiled it for myself. Or more actually the company retweeted a photo of him with the title & spoiled it for me. My fault for not watching live but it was a 2:30am start time so gently caress that

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

I spoiled it for myself. Or more actually the company retweeted a photo of him with the title & spoiled it for me. My fault for not watching live but it was a 2:30am start time so gently caress that

I had a friend over and we were watching Battle in the Valley, was checking in with the board in the downtime after the Filthy Tom match

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
https://twitter.com/johnjfreeze/status/1627222383626190849?s=20

:hmmyes:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1627348885982044163

CMLL took the All Star Jr. Festival a little too literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1627518760105164801?s=46&t=URHSj7uM7Gz0Lh2g7cRafg