Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I think I finally found the specific setting on my grinder that gives me a pourover where everything sticks to the filter in a cone and isn't so heavy it falls to the bottom of it, got good results 2+ days in a row now regardless of how careless I am on the pouring.

also unrelated but I finally got a Mate gourd and bombilla and this is a new type of rather bitter energizing drink. Interesting but not sure I'm ready to have it replace a morning coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had 3rd coffee, might regret later but w/e

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had office coffe yesterday Gonna have more today

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
brewing coffee now to drink later

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

apologies for being absent; haveing coffe

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Chris Knight posted:

had 3rd coffee, might regret later but w/e

feeling caffeinated, might delete later idk

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

toronto star posted:

“I drink one to two litres of coffee per day,” said Christina Veira, part-owner of Bar Mordecai. “It is essential. It gives me joy. I wouldn’t stop drinking it unless the harm was truly and immediately devastating. I’ve reached the age where I’m willing to gamble with my mortality, mostly because the idea of living in the absence of pleasure sounds exhausting.”

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Coffee brings me joy too. I have beans again :peanut:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

brewing coffee now to drink later

drank the coffee i made earlier for later

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

had office coffe yesterday Gonna have more today

had that offi coffi

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i only drink iced coffee, right now i've been using my pourover and then adding ice. but this is kind of messy and annoying. I am looking at cold brew, and I saw one where you put in 10 oz. grounds and 40 oz. water. how much coffee will this actually get me? it says to fill your cup about 1/3 with that concentrate, and then add cold water, ice, anything else as needed. I know for cold brew you want there to be a lot more grounds per unit water, hence this maker does 1:4, whereas pourover it's more like 1:16 which is what I do now.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah thats about right. do NOT drink cold brew straight, you gotta dilute. if you brew it weaker you dont get all the goods out because you don't have the assistance of heat in the brew process.

i have one of the zoji cold brewers and it works awesome and i cut it 50/50 at least

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah thats about right. do NOT drink cold brew straight, you gotta dilute. if you brew it weaker you dont get all the goods out because you don't have the assistance of heat in the brew process.

i have one of the zoji cold brewers and it works awesome and i cut it 50/50 at least

cool thanks. because i'm a moron i want to check, the one i'm looking at will give me 50 oz. of concentrate. if I fill my coffee container with 1/3 of this, that will give me about 150 oz. of coffee?

just curious, how long do you let it "brew" before drinking, and about what percentage of the concentrate do you use in your container (edit: sounds like 1/2?)? I use a bit of half/half, other than that it would just be cold water and ice

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah that's dead on. Do the bulk of the diluting with cold water/ice, add cream to taste. Since you don't have a hot cup, if you like sweetener make a bit of simple syrup or something. you'll be stirring sugar for days otherwise

i usually make mine in the evening and let it go 18-24h. no less than 12, but it can go longer it'll just go a smidge stronger then.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oh wait it says in the manual i'm dumb (this is the one the NYT (lol) recommended)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
woot my fave espresso is back in stock at the local store

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

btw is mentioning decaf at all still now allowed (asking for a friend)

i like the taste of coffee, but all the caffeine was giving me serious mental health issues

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
decaf's 100% fine. beans is beans. you can still use $175 of bullshit gadgets to brew it, so it's yospos approved

i usually do evening decaf now

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I do hope James Hoffamann is still working on that decaf video he promised. Both because itll be interesting to see how its done and also im sure itll spirn a lot of interest in better decaf after.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

I do hope James Hoffamann is still working on that decaf video he promised. Both because itll be interesting to see how its done and also im sure itll spirn a lot of interest in better decaf after.

that guy looks exactly how i'd expect a professional coffee person to look

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

had a cup, think i need another! slept fairly poorly last night, so i'm a little fatigued

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

my first time making cold brew I drank it like normal iced coffee with just a bit of milk and ended up seeing god

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so cold brew makes wayyyy more coffee per unit grounds than other methods? or am i misreading the math

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

beans is beans.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

decaf's 100% fine. beans is beans. you can still use $175 of bullshit gadgets to brew it, so it's yospos approved

i usually do evening decaf now

i ask because i posted having decaf at one point in this thread and got probed lol

edit: oh wait that was tea. my bad

here is my decaf of choice https://www.peacecoffee.com/shop/coffee/decaf-french-roast/

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i like decaf but i only drink it occasionally. it still tastes good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

had some leftovers from my third brew for the day, so i'll be making yuenyang this evening to see me through some studying

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

had some leftovers from my third brew for the day, so i'll be making yuenyang this evening to see me through some studying

ill make some too, so we can be the yuenyang twins

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

ill make some too, so we can be the yuenyang twins

:coffeepal:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had a big hot black one today

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

coffee turned out really good this morning. i think i usually let it sit in the aeropress for too long.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

having a second cup, wouldn't say it was really good this morning but good enough to see me through it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/milo_edwards/status/1627341942710231043?s=61&t=lY-1RKCU5Wx2vOFRmoJGBw

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
mmm lazy Sunday afternoon coffee.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

haveing coffee. we'll see how this all shakes out re: sleeping/waking up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
coffe here

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

haveing coffee. we'll see how this all shakes out re: sleeping/waking up

update: it was really bad

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Elder Postsman posted:

coffee turned out really good this morning. i think i usually let it sit in the aeropress for too long.

this happened again this morning too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had a great cup of coffee from the best local coffee shoo today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i had gas station coffee while walking back from lunch while my car was in for maintenance. it was ok.