Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Terrifying situation, my prayers are with you~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Thanks. Turns out everything is okay, but we will see the doctor again on Saturday.

And my wife is telling me that now our baby is moving more. When we told my mom she said she's just probably hard to wake up like me. :thunk:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Glad everything is ok

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Kal-L posted:

Thanks. Turns out everything is okay, but we will see the doctor again on Saturday.

And my wife is telling me that now our baby is moving more. When we told my mom she said she's just probably hard to wake up like me. :thunk:

Glad things look to be working out.

My wife's water broke at 30-something weeks and we basically had to stay at the hospital until the moppet was born. It only wound up being a few days, but probably the worst part was having her on a heart rate monitor. Because the nurse fire brigade would burst in every time baby's heart rate dipped a bit to get my wife to change position and to maybe have to deliver. That's why you're there, obviously, but even the nurses told us that it probably happens a lot more often than people think and isn't always the five-alarm emergency they made it out to be. But because you are hooked up to the machine, it's something to respond to.

I say that just because now that you're in the doctorsphere and they're paying closer attention, don't be surprised if things suddenly move more quickly than you planned. Doesn't mean things won't work out though. I say while my healthy six-month-old yells at me for posting.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I am glad everything worked out. I know that feeling when the doc looks at the ultrasound and tells you something's wrong.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

wow i am glad everything worked out, that's such a scary situation to be in

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Gentlemen and gentlewomen It Is with great pleasure that I announce the birth of my daughter. She did come out kinda groggy, but quickly started showing more reactions.

Currently we are at the room waiting for the nurse to bring her. Mom Is doing good.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
:stoked:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yay, congrats 🎉🎉🎉

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

First night home passed without incidents. I managed to sleep some and had a nightmare where i tried to kill my long dead father with a hammer.

Woke up and baby girl was quietly sleeping. Even though we both didnt hear the alarm for her feeding time.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

why, why do babies love sleeping in rocker chairs (unsafe) but hate sleeping in bassinets (safe)

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

why, why do babies love sleeping in rocker chairs (unsafe) but hate sleeping in bassinets (safe)

We could only get our oldest to sleep in an electric rocking thing which it says don't do on the instructions and in a rocking bassinet thing that got taken off the market for murdering a kid or two. Real kick in the nuts when kid two came along.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
babies are idiots, theyd kill themselves if left to their own devices

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

5 year old has cracked the code on reading :toot:
We practiced (no pressure, he was just into the concept) with the tried and true book my mother in law used as her years as a teacher and today we went to the library and borrowed a new book for new readers, which he proceeded to read. We're talking monosyllabic and straight forward words, but it's still pretty cool.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my son recently got into reading and he was doing great but then yesterday he had some difficulty with a book and he just shut down and got really discouraged.

lil dude just wants to read like his big bro.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Our five year old has really been into reading lately. It really is neat to watch his interests develop.

We started night weaning the little one. So far it's not too bad, and I like that my wife gets the extra rest. It's hard to believe that the end is in sight. I haven't slept a full night in more than 5 years.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My son started reading at 2 and a half, and it's had me paranoid about whether I'm an overbearing parent who has/will push him too hard.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a complaint about my son: he didn't go to bed until after 10 last night and woke me up three times

a positive note about my son: he is doing great at potty training in daycare - no accidents for two weeks! - and is improving at home too. he hasn't had a pee accident in a long time either. pooping is... a little more difficult for him for some reason, but he did just take a sizeable poo poo in the potty just now so that is a good sign.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

ikanreed posted:

My son started reading at 2 and a half, and it's had me paranoid about whether I'm an overbearing parent who has/will push him too hard.

It's in young kids' natures to get obsessed with skills.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

ikanreed posted:

The rare post/username/avatar triple combo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Microplastics posted:

The rare post/username/avatar triple combo

lmfao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's my older son's birthday today. Over the weekend I got some balloons and banners and like two buckets of dollar store treasures. Gramma is getting the cake. Yesterday I got WFH approval so I asked her details about how the party was gonna be, I'm actually gonna attend unlike how we planned.

She told me she canceled it because "he knows what he did" and I'm like "I don't know, what did he do" and she got all cagey and like "ugh he's such a toddler, and is just so much" and it's gross and lazy. Dis bitch did the full year of milestone blankets for both kids and celebrated her own birthday a whole drat week, but suddenly birthdays aren't a big deal now they require something from you. You don't just get to unilaterally poop on parades just because you're mad! Like ugh so gross me and her mom have to decorate around her bitter Grinch rear end on the couch.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Man, I hope this banner fixes everybody's mood

gotta tidy up then do work and sing Happy Birthday. I got him a card that makes noise when he presses a button. I think he's into that.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

KirbyKhan posted:

It's my older son's birthday today. Over the weekend I got some balloons and banners and like two buckets of dollar store treasures. Gramma is getting the cake. Yesterday I got WFH approval so I asked her details about how the party was gonna be, I'm actually gonna attend unlike how we planned.

She told me she canceled it because "he knows what he did" and I'm like "I don't know, what did he do" and she got all cagey and like "ugh he's such a toddler, and is just so much" and it's gross and lazy. Dis bitch did the full year of milestone blankets for both kids and celebrated her own birthday a whole drat week, but suddenly birthdays aren't a big deal now they require something from you. You don't just get to unilaterally poop on parades just because you're mad! Like ugh so gross me and her mom have to decorate around her bitter Grinch rear end on the couch.

For real though what did he do that salted grandma I must know

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gramma ain't salty. She's going to the grocer to pick up the cake (wife is adamant that the cake came from the royal us). Best I could figure was there were 3 separate 40 minute tantrums over the course of last two weeks while I was at work. They've already forgotten the cause and/or desires of the tantrums, so I guess he is guilty of the crime of being a toddler turning 2.

This is like the last birthday that no one is gonna remember. The boy is gonna start keeping track next year.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

canceling a toddler birthday seems like a disproportionate punishment

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I think it's perfectly acceptable to cancel a toddler's birthday party over something they did. But only if said thing is contracting Ebola or something like that.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

lobster shirt posted:

canceling a toddler birthday seems like a disproportionate punishment

In addition to that, it seems like an ineffective one.

Toddlers understand immediate cause and effect, and clearly defined rules. Arbitrary later punishments that don't directly tie to a broken rule is a great way to teach learned helplessness.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There was some confusion w/r/t pronoun antecedents but I think wife is salty about some mysterious toddler deed and MIL is on-board with toddler birthday as planned

From what I can tell about the ongoing KirbyKhan family saga the silver lining here is that KirbyKhan and MIL can find common cause on something, that the birthday will be going on regardless of wife's feelings (which is absolutely the move here, he's turning 2), and that this story can be used as an anecdote in any potential divorce proceedings

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm the biggest softie on earth, I couldn't even follow through with withholding a Winnie the Pooh bedtime story after being repeatedly smacked in the face getting my daughter into her pajamas. Flat-out canceling a toddler's birthday and not even being able to say why feels like some war-crime poo poo to me. Like, do that if your twelve-year-old steals your car, not if your two-year-old threw his toys.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Toddler birthday was not canceled. She got out of her funk and threw together new plan of going to mall and riding the carousel there, which is a good birthday treat.

Whew, I was sweating. Birthday miracle~

Edit: Yeah, locquatius translated it well.

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 16:11 on Feb 21, 2023

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Has kirbywife been checked for postpartum depression? Idk how long it's been since latest baby was born

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
About a month. I suspect it, but lmao therapist is on vacation for 3 more weeks so it's just gonna keep riding along like this

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Genuinely wonderful birthday experience. Doxing myself and my boy because this moment of joy must be shared

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Happy birthday!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
That is very cute :kimchi:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Microplastics posted:

That is very cute :kimchi:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Happy birthday kiddo!

Don't sleep on the ppd, and get others to talk to your wife about it if she won't listen to you. My wife had it really bad after our first and it took me, her best friend, and her mom all talking to her to convince her to go to the doctor. I'm almost positive my wife just talked to her obgyn about it, that's at least somewhere to start.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
My 5 year old says "I'm not your friend anymore" if he's mad at me and INSTANTLY regrets it and starts crying, poor kid. He really has to make sure we're still friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yesterday I offered my son a deal where he could earn a certain amount of money for doing extra reading assignments.

I could see him doing the mental calculus as he weighed the money I offered him against how much we pay him for other things he does around the house and his answer was:

"I'm not interested in doing the reading stuff but do we have any laundry I can fold?"