Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Martman posted:

imagine 4 hildis on a cliff, nouliths work the same way

slapstick sounds right for my raid's sge yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Hildibrand's small body as the sword, and his very large head as the shield.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

All I know is the (6.2 Hildibrand) Flying Saucer better goddamn well be made into a mount at some point.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I am embarrassingly excited to participate in fish fest tomorrow. I gotta figure out how to DC travel

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://twitter.com/DaPandaBanda/status/1543625622592929792?t=UaS9nIgHAQ9zQptmxfqNhA&s=19

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Consummate Professional posted:

I am embarrassingly excited to participate in fish fest tomorrow. I gotta figure out how to DC travel

Just right click on your character's name at character select and the option is there.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've been beaten to a joke before but drat

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Y'know, I'm kinda curious: has anyone put out a "max efficiency" guide for doing ARR relics after you complete your first? Like, I've been doing the second to last step at the same time as the dungeon step of the books stage, but I wanna get these done as efficiently as possible whenever I rear end myself to do another.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Y'know, I'm kinda curious: has anyone put out a "max efficiency" guide for doing ARR relics after you complete your first? Like, I've been doing the second to last step at the same time as the dungeon step of the books stage, but I wanna get these done as efficiently as possible whenever I rear end myself to do another.

Apart from that, the best you can really do is get the materia, crafted goods, tomestone items, Alexandrite, etc. ready beforehand, although that just defers the effort rather than actually save any time. ARR relics are basically custom-designed to take as much time as possible with no shortcuts :unsmigghh:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

This is the way!

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

Has Pneumite just disappeared from poetics vendors? Don't Anima Relics need that at some point?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's still there for me?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

dyslexicfaser posted:

Has Pneumite just disappeared from poetics vendors? Don't Anima Relics need that at some point?

It's under the Special Arms category. If you can't see it, you haven't unlocked the right Anima weapon stage yet.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Thanks to everyone's advice here I was able to get back into the game and feel comfortable after a couple days. I switched to controller from KBM and that's been an extra adjustment but overall I think it's probably better. I'm still tweaking button positions.

I am thinking of also playing it on my PS5 - are there any restrictions to that other than buying another copy? All my stuff will be there if I link the account, right?

For as good as the game is, their backend feels equally cumbersome.

I think I'm getting towards the end of Heavensward content - I've basically just been chasing MSQ and the blue + quests to unlock stuff. I'm saving other reggo sidequests for leveling another class, I think. As it is, I'm still nearly level 62 from chasing all the stuff I missed! I got comfortable enough to tank some roulettes and it turns out I'm not as rusty as I thought I'd be. All in all it feels really good to slip back into the world.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dyslexicfaser posted:

Might be talking to the wrong vendor? I thought there were some slight differences in shop inventory depending on what area you're in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Your account will transfer to PS5. The most annoying thing will just be reconfiguring your hotbars and UI.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arist posted:

Your account will transfer to PS5. The most annoying thing will just be reconfiguring your hotbars and UI.

Does the Save Configuration option work for cross-platform? I've never tried it for that, but it worked great for transferring between drives when I did a new build.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

Thanks to everyone's advice here I was able to get back into the game and feel comfortable after a couple days. I switched to controller from KBM and that's been an extra adjustment but overall I think it's probably better. I'm still tweaking button positions.

I am thinking of also playing it on my PS5 - are there any restrictions to that other than buying another copy? All my stuff will be there if I link the account, right?

For as good as the game is, their backend feels equally cumbersome.

I think I'm getting towards the end of Heavensward content - I've basically just been chasing MSQ and the blue + quests to unlock stuff. I'm saving other reggo sidequests for leveling another class, I think. As it is, I'm still nearly level 62 from chasing all the stuff I missed! I got comfortable enough to tank some roulettes and it turns out I'm not as rusty as I thought I'd be. All in all it feels really good to slip back into the world.

You will need to upload your toolbar settings from the menu when logging into the game and then download them on console. Otherwise yeah it's straightforward.

Vermain posted:

Does the Save Configuration option work for cross-platform? I've never tried it for that, but it worked great for transferring between drives when I did a new build.

Yep it works. You likely will want to tweak the UI some more once you're on a TV rather than computer monitor, but the toolbar stuff can all be transferred and that's the biggest pain to redo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Is there a good place to read about other things to do in Vegas that won't require a car? The lan thread seems pretty dead

vvv: I get that it'll be in walking distance to a dozen gold saucers, I meant more in the sense of recommendations from goons of things that are must-see/do/eat. If this is a potentially once in a lifetime trip I at least want to know what I'm missing before it's too late

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 18, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

Is there a good place to read about other things to do in Vegas that won't require a car? The lan thread seems pretty dead

It's Vegas. There are a trillion things to do on the Strip alone. Fanfest is at the LV Convention Center which really close to the Strip.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I assume tickets for visiting the Nevada Test Site still sell out start of the year? That's the first thing that come to mind for me but I'm weird that way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is "Coachella" a P6S strat I'm not familiar with, or people being sloppy in their PF notes?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sentient Data posted:

The convention center where the fanfest is being held is a little ways off the strip, and the entire strip is walkable as long as you aren't badly out of shape. There's basically always something to do there as long as you don't mind the enormous crowd of tourists.

You can search https://www.vegas.com for a list of pretty much every scheduled event, restaurant, stores, etc. As for things to do off the beaten path, somebody else might have better suggestions for you.

Pro tip: don't try to go behind the resort hotels as a shortcut, unless you want to experience what thousands of retirees worth of brunch farts smells like.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Bruceski posted:

Is "Coachella" a P6S strat I'm not familiar with, or people being sloppy in their PF notes?

It's probably someone giving Cachexia a Very Funny Name.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Had that "make a Celes Chere outfit" compulsion again the other day. This time I took more liberties in translating the look while keeping the colors more consistent with the source. Looks good, if I do say so myself! Then Freya Crescent, too.

And did somebody say Homestuck? ...No? Literally no one? Well, this is awkward.

"I am a fan of the number eight!"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I can’t art but FF14’s dress-up and gpose are elaborate enough that I can use it to make portraits and tokens of characters for a tabletop game I’m in.

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1623055508058808323?s=20

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1623057856822910980?s=20

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can’t art but FF14’s dress-up and gpose are elaborate enough that I can use it to make portraits and tokens of characters for a tabletop game I’m in.

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1623055508058808323?s=20

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1623057856822910980?s=20

Rock it, that's a great way to turn ffxiv into a game!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Very nice stuff, even if I love the more modern Future Fantasy style we currently enjoy, I always loved the 1.0-ARR era gear for being relatively simplistic/humble/"realistic" fantasy medieval. Though isn't it "ferch" not fench? Assuming you're going for Welsh.

Funny though cause I've got a character in one of my own tabletop games named Morwyn ferch Rhodri lol.

Speaking of Art, I recently had a portrait of my FFXIV Character commissioned. I also got a pair of portraits done for two friends, one being Sanguinia, which they posted in their thread. :3:

The artist is Fluorite and she has been amazing. Yes, I'm basically shilling. :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
On the topic of character comms, does anyone have any recommendations for an artist who takes comms and draws in a more western cartoony style? Something like OK K.O. or Dodgeball Academia though I don't really know enough about Art to be very specific with the specific style I'm looking for. Most of the stuff I see retweeted or posted on Reddit looks great but is very highly-detailed anime style work (understandably so)

SOmething more like this:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

vvv: I get that it'll be in walking distance to a dozen gold saucers, I meant more in the sense of recommendations from goons of things that are must-see/do/eat. If this is a potentially once in a lifetime trip I at least want to know what I'm missing before it's too late

Theres a Vegas travel thread on our very own forums! They helped me out with my questions although I was mostly wondering about car rentals

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3419635

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Though isn't it "ferch" not fench? Assuming you're going for Welsh.

Funny though cause I've got a character in one of my own tabletop games named Morwyn ferch Rhodri lol.

Yeah, I typoed it in the tweet. It’s ferch.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

woo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Reminds me I haven't finished a trial mount set since ARR. I should probably get on that.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Bruceski posted:

it's probably this strat

https://imgur.com/a/CwnIXCO

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

Rock it, that's a great way to turn ffxiv into a game!

I even dug out the third party tools and was able to do photos of scenes with Ktisis and gpose, like my character praying as her husband finds out she’s almost certainly going to die in a duel.

It’s more than a game, it’s Poser for Meganerds I guess. Find some good architecture or background (this is in Gridania, to look properly medieval) and have fun with the pose tools.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Just wanted to say the new Hyper Potions kick rear end; twice today I've had roulettes saved because I was able to stay up after the healers got ruined by the mechanics. Makes you feel like a badass to be the only dps standing after a stack attack wipes out the rest of the non-tanks.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's a new Stormblood LP update!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Just wanted to say the new Hyper Potions

the what

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

They added a new healing potion last patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ah rad, thanks