Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I think we're getting a second page today? maybe? I hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

I think we're getting a second page today? maybe? I hope?

Tomorrow, it seems.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Godsmack starts playing

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Getting Gloranthan JarEel vibes a bit.

e: I don't know why, but this specific image jumped into my mind

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is how boss fights start.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's usually a bad idea to pick a fight with the giant man calmly sharpening his sword while surrounded by a mountain of freshly slain warriors.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm guessing this guy has a key.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thundarr posted:

It's usually a bad idea to pick a fight with the giant man calmly sharpening his sword while surrounded by a mountain of freshly slain warriors.

It's a fine plan if you're some kind of cursed/undead thing that can keep retrying the battle to get good enough to win. In fact, in that case you usually don't have much of a choice in the matter

It remains to be seen if 2 sword saints have done enough gitting good with their singular fragile lives

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Oh hey Jagganoth how’s it going
Are ya winning, son?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

There Bias Two posted:

I'm guessing this guy has a key.

Ugh, Kingdom Hearts.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Joe Slowboat posted:

Are ya winning, son?

If this is the case I will scream.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Joe Slowboat posted:

Are ya winning, son?

Yup, jaggs totally knew Maya and Incubus before they all got their keys.

Dollars to donuts Jaggs doesn't even have his key yet, this is just him being him.

I wonder if all the Demi-urges actually knew each other before becoming keymasters, like they were some sort of homicidal Scooby Doo gang who were paid by Mammon.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Donkringel posted:

Dollars to donuts Jaggs doesn't even have his key yet, this is just him being him.

I wonder if all the Demi-urges actually knew each other before becoming keymasters, like they were some sort of homicidal Scooby Doo gang who were paid by Mammon.

Mammon is scooby but cash instead of snacks.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Donkringel posted:

It would explain how they managed to make their alliance work, if they swore to it before ‘kill the other one and take it’ was an optimal strategy… but I don’t think it was true of all of them. Since Mottom, Jadis, Solomon David and Mammon all have specific origin stories for how they got their keys that didn’t involve any powerful allies.

Also, I think Jagganoth probably has a key, though it’s possible this is when he was a corpse soldier but before he killed his master and took his key.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 18, 2023

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Glad we finally have closure on who killed all those demons.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Donkringel posted:

Yeah they did
Theyre all veterans of the universal war and theres a page where it says they teamed up with zoss to end it

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

But the Universal War specifically started around the time when Zoss hosed off and disappeared, as we were told on the literal previous page.

Maya posted:

The princes of the world had gone mad. The ruling king had left his throne. The golden vision had faded, and men hungrily fell upon each other.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, my understanding is that they ended the war just by teaming up with each other and being the only group left on the field at that point, so they could just seven v one everyone else left. By then attrition had already taken most out.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 19, 2023

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
I think their point was that Zoss was explicitly not part of the teamup because he started the whole boondoggle by loving off in the first place.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That too.

(I don't think it was actually him vanishing that started it, he just refused to intervene and vanished instead of putting a stop to it. There was a line about him disappearing in the 'early days' of the war)

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, my understanding is that they ended the war just by teaming up with each other and being the only group left on the field at that point, so they could just six v one everyone else left. By then attrition had already taken most out.

They were all pretty terrifying at that point - any demiurge still standing had a sizable chunk of keys, and to keep up they’d each have had to wipe out plenty of rivals. But yeah, ironically, what set the Seven apart is then being the demiurges most capable of forming an alliance and carrying it to the end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1627123599743107074

Have you come to add to the pile?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Who asked? No wonder they gave this nerd the thinker pose. "oh i forgot what warm bread tastes like" idk maybe leave two dudes alive to bake before killing them?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

He's awfully conversational for a dude who kills 5000 people a day out of habit. Maybe he's just lonely.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh no, we've discovered the true tragedy of Jagganoth. He used to have such great hair.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Thundarr posted:

He's awfully conversational for a dude who kills 5000 people a day out of habit. Maybe he's just lonely.

Because they're no threat to him. May as well exchange pleasantries and see what they want.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

"We could both sense the immensity of this man"

I mean yeah he's right there in front of you, 15 feet tall at least

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Sight is a sense.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Thundarr posted:

what, you never make small talk at work

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They cannot kill this man, for he is already dead.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Who asked? No wonder they gave this nerd the thinker pose. "oh i forgot what warm bread tastes like" idk maybe leave two dudes alive to bake before killing them?

He's trying to convince them to bake for him.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Xand_Man posted:

"We could both sense the immensity of this man"

I mean yeah he's right there in front of you, 15 feet tall at least

The Jaggahog projects its own threatening aura.

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 19, 2023

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I see Abaddon played Elden Ring in between the last time we saw Jagganoth and this moment.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

What’s up with the size of the guy. Did Jagganoth grow up because of sheer dorkness of his nihilism

And I now realize how much of a dork he is with the death poetry thing. lmao

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

dead gay comedy forums posted:

What’s up with the size of the guy. Did Jagganoth grow up because of sheer dorkness of his nihilism

And I now realize how much of a dork he is with the death poetry thing. lmao

It's dorks all the way down.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Maybe! It's a universe where will can override physics, after all!

IIRC Abbadon also said that our earth doesn't express the full possibilities of human variation. That's why there are purple people sometimes - that's a human ethnicity we just don't happen to have. (Or maybe I'm misremembering and pulling that out of my rear end)

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Thundarr posted:

Jaggs has perversely achieved the perfect detachment of thought required for swordsman by dissociating twenty-four hours a day from all the abuse he's suffered.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

SardonicTyrant posted:

Jaggs has perversely achieved the perfect detachment of thought required for swordsman by dissociating twenty-four hours a day from all the abuse he's suffered.

This appears to be the principle on which the legion of psychologically and spiritually dead super soldiers he belongs to is organized, yeah.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

sometimes a dude is just sixteen feet tall. its one piece rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

o/ Well I have killed five thousand men
And I would kill five thousand more
Just to be the man that kills ten thousand men
And kicks down God's front door o/