Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
2nd February
Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS Go Beyond The Limit 2023
Crazy Tornado Tag Deathmatch
Daisuke Masaoka, Jun Kasai & Toru Sugiura vs Masashi Takeda, Rina Yamashita & Yusaku Ito
Watch this here

MOTYC
2nd February
No Canvas, Glassboard & Alpha Deathmatch
King of FREEDOM World Title

Drew Parker vs Violento Jack
Watch this here

There is something about the image of massive blood stains direct onto the wooden boards that is very striking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT presents Neppa Over Flowers 2 ~ The World Unknown to Everyone ~ February 14th
MOTYC
MAO vs Yuki Ueno vs Shunma Katsumata vs Toi Kojima
- The four present members of 37KAMIINA produced this show and each are on their second match of the night, albeit some more demanding than others. The gimmick is that the rules keep on changing. It starts as a four way match. But now it's just Shunma vs Mao. But now it's just Ueno vs Kojima. But now it's a tag match. But now it's the three of them vs Shunma. But now there's hardcore rules. But now it's an elimination match with 2-count pinfalls. Just a real fun time with 4 of the top talents in the company

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
2nd February

Watch this here

There is something about the image of massive blood stains direct onto the wooden boards that is very striking.

Nth this, wild stuff

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Orange Cassidy (c), AEW All-Atlantic, AEW Rampage 2/10

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
AEW Dynamite 2/15

HM: Mox & Claudio vs. Preston Vance & Rush
HM: Josh Woods vs. Mark Briscoe

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Punch McLightning posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/15

nth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AEW Dynamite 2/15

Yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite 2/15

HM: Rush and Preston vs Claudio Castagnoli and Jon Moxley

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Dynamite 2/15

HM: Ruby Soho vs Britt Baker vs Toni Storm

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

AEW Dynamite 2/15

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th February
TJPW 3rd Annual Max Heart Tournament Night 4
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki) vs Miu Watanabe & Suzume

MOTYC
11th February
TJPW 3rd Annual Max Heart Tournament Night 4
Max Heart Tournament Final
121000000 (Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita) vs Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima)

HM
11th February
NJPW New Beginning in Osaka
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs KENTA

Still have to catch the main event.

NEVER 6 Man told a decent story but the end of the day House of Torture is still like Voodoo Murders, a whole lot of garbage that gets in the way of good wrestling.

Jay vs Hikuleo & Elp vs Tama were both far too long. Hikuleo is not a dude who should be going over 20, and honestly neither is Tama.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Chris Bey vs. KUSHIDA
HM: Rich Swann vs. Kenny King

Both from Impact on AXS, 2/16

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 2/12 three way battle

HM:Saya Kamitani vs Tam Nakano vs Yuna Mizumori

This slapped. Basically a comedy match with some great wrestling too. Almost went MOTYC on it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Max Heart Tournament Night 4 February 11th
MOTYC
Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh)

HM
Arisu Endo vs Moka Miyamoto
Janai Kai and Hikari Noa vs Yuki Aino and Rika Tatsumi
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) vs Miu Watanabe and Suzume

Finally got around to watching this, great show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
11th February
NJPW New Beginning in Osaka
IWGP World Heavyweight Title
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Shingo Takagi

Glad I didn't watch this immediately after the previous 2 matches because I'd have been tired and grumpy and this warranted my full attention. So good. Crowd were completely into Shingo winning & so was I :(

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

forkboy84 posted:

]

MOTYC
2nd February

Watch this here

Nth, both the match and how striking blood on boards is

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
5th February
Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation 2023 Night 1
GHC National Title
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr (c) vs Manabu Soya
Watch this here

I figured this would top out at HM level but nope, well exceeded expectations. Wagner Jr's kid is either super motivated holding a singles belt or has just improved a lot being in NOAH but yeah, this is a pretty great Heavyweight spotfest if that makes sense. Because if you stop & think about the match logic for any length it all kind of falls apart, but it's just boom boom boom, you don't get a chance to stop & think about it, you just enjoy it for what it is. There's some classic beefy boys action, there's some impressive agility from 2 guys as muscley as they are, Soya doing a flying headscissors of all things, some great submissions from EHdDWj, and some really gripping near falls. Well worth your time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Rampage 2/17

HM: The Elite vs AR Fox, Dante and Darius Martin
HM: Swerve Strickland vs Dustin Rhodes

Two totally different matches, loved all the basketball spots in one of the matches and the bloody brutality in the other one. You can guess which.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Rampage 2/17

Two totally different matches, loved all the basketball spots in one of the matches and the bloody brutality in the other one. You can guess which.

Nth both of these.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Rampage 2/17

these were both really good nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW City Circuit Winter ~ Nagoya Performance ~ February 18th
HM
Pom Harajuku vs Nao Kakuta vs Haruna Neko
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) and Rika Tatsumi vs Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) and Kaya Toribami
Aja Kong and Moka Miyamoto vs Yuki Arai and Miyu Yamashita

I continue to love TJPW, even a disappointing International Princess defence can't harsh my nice vibes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: The Elite (c) vs. Top Flight/AR Fox, AEW Rampage, 17/02

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
5th February
Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation 2023 Night 1
GHC National Title
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr (c) vs Manabu Soya
Watch this here

I figured this would top out at HM level but nope, well exceeded expectations. Wagner Jr's kid is either super motivated holding a singles belt or has just improved a lot being in NOAH but yeah, this is a pretty great Heavyweight spotfest if that makes sense. Because if you stop & think about the match logic for any length it all kind of falls apart, but it's just boom boom boom, you don't get a chance to stop & think about it, you just enjoy it for what it is. There's some classic beefy boys action, there's some impressive agility from 2 guys as muscley as they are, Soya doing a flying headscissors of all things, some great submissions from EHdDWj, and some really gripping near falls. Well worth your time.

Why not just call yourself Dr. Wagner III...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: The Elite (c) vs. Top Flight/AR Fox, AEW Rampage, 17/02

Why not just call yourself Dr. Wagner III...

because El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. is way cooler to say

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Friendship, Effort, Victory February 18th
HM
Takeshi Masada vs Toi Kojima
Yuya Koroku vs Hideki Okatani
Kip Sabian, Chris Brookes and Hagane Shinno vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Yuki Ishida) and Yuki Ueno

The opposite of a usual DDT show, the undercard was great (with one exception) but really wasn't feeling the top half of the card. The Extreme Title match definitely had it's moments let was let down by clunky sequences which didn't play to Akiyama's strengths as a performer

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
motyc us championship elimination chamber

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lid posted:

Not really.

HM: US Championship Elimination Chamber Match - WWE Elimination Chamber 2/18

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Lid posted:

2nd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Switchblade Jay White vs. Eddie Kingston in a Loser Can't Wrestle for New Japan Match - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

It's the end of HIS new era, and he went out doing everything he could to survive and putting over two different wrestlers in the process. Great stuff.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Switchblade Jay White vs. Eddie Kingston in a Loser Can't Wrestle for New Japan Match - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

It's the end of HIS new era, and he went out doing everything he could to survive and putting over two different wrestlers in the process. Great stuff.

this was great, nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KungFu Grip posted:

HM: US Championship Elimination Chamber Match - WWE Elimination Chamber 2/18

it was really awesome until it wasn't. nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC for me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: KAIRI (C) vs. Mercedes Mone for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

This is what the Wrestle Kingdom match should have been. drat good, with Mercedes getting to remind people why she was so popular for so long in WWE, and KAIRI of course just loving rules. Was legit surprised by the ending, did not expect KAIRI to lose!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

HM: KAIRI (C) vs. Mercedes Moné for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

This is what the Wrestle Kingdom match should have been. drat good, with Mercedes getting to remind people why she was so popular for so long in WWE, and KAIRI of course just loving rules. Was legit surprised by the ending, did not expect KAIRI to lose!

nth, same!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

HM: KAIRI (C) vs. Mercedes Mone for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

Nth for this and

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. (C) vs. Clark Connors for the NJPW World Television Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jerusalem posted:

match ruled, nth'ed

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

nth

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
usually im in here downgrading MOTYC to HM noms when i quote them but this is the rare case where i go the opposite way

MOTYC: KAIRI (C) vs. Mercedes Mone for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

match made me remember how much i loved these wrestlers

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

usually im in here downgrading MOTYC to HM noms when i quote them but this is the rare case where i go the opposite way

MOTYC: KAIRI (C) vs. Mercedes Mone for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

2nd

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

Yeah agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

abraham linksys posted:

NTH'D