Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I would assume clothing companies at least do well advertising on Instagram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
jewelry does too. Especially if you can link up a shopify/store front and complete a sale in app

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Teratrain posted:

The SMS thing is especially funny cos they could have literally said "we're dropping support for SMS 2FA, please migrate to an app or token instead" and it would have been a fair security move.

Paywalling the bad options for qccount security is loving hilarious and pathetic.

I know you're posting on this forum Ebaum Musk, out yourself you dumb bitch! Stealing the " :10bux: Banned :10bux: Banned :10bux: " business model for twitter isn't new or smart

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

…Elon is exactly the kind of motherfucker who would have Twitter start charging for account recovery

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

grittyreboot posted:

Never saw it, but it really bugged me that Holland and Wahlberg looked about ten years too young for their respective parts.

it's suppose to be set earlier than when the video games take place. i think the biggest issue is that they hired mark wahlberg to be sully when he looks closer to nathan drake.. the solution should have been to not hire mark wahlberg yet here we are.

i ended up seeing the movie for free in theaters but i fell asleep by the time they got to the last action sequence. i think it involved ships that ended up being able to fly? and i think there was a helicopter.

they did end up recreating one of the scenes from the video game (where drake is hanging out of a cargo plane by the netting) but.. why not age them to their video game counterparts at that point if you're doing a callback.

anyways...

Steadiman posted:

Elon once again showing his incredible marketing skills by just outright stating that advertising on Twitter is entirely a waste of money after outright stating the ads are annoying and irrelevant. Advertisers absolutely love this!
to be fair, musk called out the ad relevancy (to the user viewing the ad). so he's not saying the ads are trash, he's saying twitter's ability to get them in front of the right users is trash.. so therefore you should continue advertising on twitter.

see by doing it this way, he can kinda get a dig in at the former ads guy that he fired. "NO ONE'S SMARTER THAN ELON MUSK YOU HEAR ME?" -elon

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody really cared about being known for slapping a dumb impact font caption on an image until Ebaumsworld and its ilk (or whatever came before those) started gathering them up and putting watermarks on them. It mostly showed up in response to people who didn't come up with the joke actively trying to take credit for it.

Though I'm sure Elon Musk, founder of Tesla, would be perfectly fine with not taking credit for other people's work.

honestly who cares about memes.. he also steals artwork. and also like someone else mentioned. he purposely does this to get credit for it instead of using his own site's quote-tweet or retweet feature. i mean he could quote tweet and get the likes attached to his quote-tweet but that's not good enough he needs _more_ credit.

the funny thing is him reposting memes probably costs him more resources than just doing a quote-tweet. he basically steals images to repost which just takes up more room on twitter's servers, running up his costs. doesn't sound like a guy who knows how to cut costs well!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

big black turnout posted:

I would assume clothing companies at least do well advertising on Instagram

pretty much anything that can be sold by attractive people shilling it seems to do very well on instagram

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kingo Ligma posted:

Who the gently caress is buying poo poo off Instagram?

I'm afraid I have some very bad news for you about how rich the individual Kardashians have become off the back of insta.

Also Rihanna but her stuff is class though.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Elon Musk, and forgive me for saying so, seems kind of like an rear end in a top hat. And not like a regular rear end in a top hat, but an unfunny rear end in a top hat and that's the real crime here.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Kingo Ligma posted:

Who the gently caress is buying poo poo off Instagram?

Ecommerce and advertising are Instagram's primary sources of revenue these days. They've been launching features directed specifically at retailers for years.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
But I was informed that twitter was going to show me a gizmo and I could click on the gizmo so that I could order the gizmo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

An insane mind posted:

Elon Musk, and forgive me for saying so, seems kind of like an rear end in a top hat. And not like a regular rear end in a top hat, but an unfunny rear end in a top hat and that's the real crime here.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1627246535581761536?s=46&t=W15HGFAru1qRenS_tqKF7w

Elon agrees, deep down, I think.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I got a full screen popup on my phone this morning telling me that as a serf I needed to disable SMS 2FA. I was pretty sure I wasn’t using it already (use an authenticator app) but followed the instructions to “disable” it, which messed up my actual previously configured 2FA settings.

Had to set it up from scratch, and since the phone couldn’t read a QR code on the screen (dunno if that’s a limitation of Twitter or iPhones) I had to use an alternative code instead…. Only I couldn’t select the alternative code without bringing up a keyboard that obscured the button to allow me to continue, and couldn’t be hidden. Also the alternative code could be edited for some reason.

So yeah stellar phone experience of configuring 2FA that I already had set up, Twitter, thanks.

Cool story bro*

* is something Elon would say

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

the man's literally incapable of logging off.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Oh poo poo it's actually getting to him this time, just like the Chapelle booing and the tweet engagement thing. My man definitely doesn't want you to put in the paper he's mad

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/NMS_Screenshots/status/1627214670518943744

he's such a loving loser

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Someone give me a billion dollars and I promise I will never log in again.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I’ll do it for 500m.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You need to go up in price so he feels a connection to you.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

500b, case of zig zag single wides, and a bottle of Dr. pepper.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/mrmarkpotts/status/1627061292883415050

Would we really be surprised if he actually did this?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I just checked and it's definitely real

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How long do you think it'll be before Elon starts stanning for Ted Faro unironically?

Horizon Zero Dawn but instead of robot dinosaurs it's Tesla Megazords. Everything else including the robot lust for human blood is exactly the same.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Tesla Megazord is one heck of a user name.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

grittyreboot posted:

I feel like pretzels have a low ceiling of quality. Like there's only so good a pretzel can be.

The only pretzels worth eating are cosmic; the ones on the left are peanut-butter filled.

I've just started seeing ads for the Ontario Cannabis Store in my feed, good work there Ebaum Musk.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
E.Lon Muskbard presents Twitternetics

e: or Battlefield Tweet

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Well well well.

BBC News - Instagram and Facebook to get paid-for verification
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64697560

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Meta is pretty desperate for cash so that’s not suprising. Even if it didn’t really seem to do much for Twitter itself

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
Twitter has roughly 180.000 people, out of 400 million users, that pay for that garbage. Literal small change but apparently worth throwing away the actual value of verification and turning it into a worthless icon that shows others you're an idiot.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Blue tick on twitter gets you automatically added to scammers sucker lists. 100% verified as a gullible rube.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Is there anything stopping someone from “verifying” as someone else? Because I’m still not done laughing at the fake Eli Lily tweets from a while back.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think they put "don't do this" in the terms of service, so twitter can ban you if you do it and get reported, and that is it. No verification process, nothing to prevent you from impersonating anyone, except potentially some kind of flagging system that catches you out if you choose the username of significant individuals, like Elon Musk or catturd2

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://twitter.com/mrmarkpotts/status/1627061292883415050

Would we really be surprised if he actually did this?

help me groimes

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Someone give me a billion dollars and I promise I will never log in again.

I'll start the wiki and GoFundMe

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1627325577697828867

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Here's a twitter thread on how telcos can scam SMS 2FA thingers

https://twitter.com/EricAschner/status/1626999229401948163

So it's possible there was a lot of fraud and Twitter just can't deal with it because the people who handled it before are gone or something.
Or it's just an easy cost to cut for elon.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think they put "don't do this" in the terms of service, so twitter can ban you if you do it and get reported, and that is it. No verification process, nothing to prevent you from impersonating anyone, except potentially some kind of flagging system that catches you out if you choose the username of significant individuals, like Elon Musk or catturd2

Lol, so nothing to stop the whole reason they got sued and had to introduce blue check verification the first time.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
(sigh)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Elon Musk: Not as popular as I'd hoped (sigh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
*le sigh*?

No, I wouldn't want people thinking I'm a loser.