Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
my fav special needs front line reporter with bad news :smith:

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1627289419890794496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Uh interesting posting there Tex

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

i saw a video of prigozhin informing a room of amputee wagnerites in that just because they were missing limbs doesn't mean they aren't still on contract

lmao, go get em rollies

edit:
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1579180884108128256

lol

drat lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Zodium posted:

drat lol

Btw, from the context of the conversation he is offering them office jobs so they can still get full pay to support their families.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Ardennes posted:

Btw, from the context of the conversation he is offering them office jobs so they can still get full pay to support their families.

unless this machine translation is 1000% off, I think you are mistaken.

https://twitter.com/vidtranslator/status/1579186818892693504?s=46&t=RNJGmK_WmqFdHz77bew6pA

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I mean in a capitalist system you work until you die, but he doesn't actually mention a contract or anything.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Starting to think merc bosses aren't good guys and aren't nice employers.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/vidtranslator/status/1579186818892693504?s=46&t=RNJGmK_WmqFdHz77bew6pA

My man, he says it around 15 seconds in.

Lostconfused posted:

I mean in a capitalist system you work until you die, but he doesn't actually mention a contract or anything.

I don’t know if he is the greatest boss but at least from that clip it really doesn’t seem he is throwing them back in trenches.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ardennes posted:

My man, he says it around 15 seconds in.

Did you watch 15 seconds of the video until he says the word computer and turn it off?

You do not, in this case, have to hand it to them. Merc companies are pretty poo poo people to work for.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

bosses aren't good guys and aren't nice employers.

There fixed that for you since you're not that good at the thinking part.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lostconfused posted:

There fixed that for you since you're not that good at the thinking part.

True, but on the continuum of "how hosed will my life become," working for mercs is way up there compared to the standard level of worker exploitation.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Did you watch 15 seconds of the video until he says the word computer and turn it off?

You do not, in this case, have to hand it to them. Merc companies are pretty poo poo people to work for.

So I guess you didn’t even make it 15 seconds in then.

Also, the goalpost wasn’t Merc companies are great but they are literally throwing these guys into battle on wheelchairs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lmao

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

True, but on the continuum of "how hosed will my life become," working for mercs is way up there compared to the standard level of worker exploitation.

I guess you would prefer crime and prison then? Not that your opinion matters on any of this.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ardennes posted:

So I guess you didn’t even make it 15 seconds in then.

*~Charitable merc boss offers transition skills to his employers, because he's so nice~*

You're misrepresenting the conversation and going to bat for the charity of some merc boss, jfc

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1626360634886479872

thank goodness german leadership doesnt listen to what their people want to do just think about how awful it would be for democracy if they did such a thing

I support the supply of fighter jets to ukraine

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Think Ardennes speaks the language while I don't know if mlmp08 does.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tankbuster posted:

Think Ardennes speaks the language while I don't know if mlmp08 does.

I did say that I am relying on machine translation. If the translation is incorrect, that would be useful information. If the translation is correct, this isn't a discussion about how everyone's gonna go work in an office and face no future danger out of the kindness of Wagner's heart.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

No matter what that idiot pegleg says, a dude in a wheelchair on the front lines is a liability not an asset. It's not just cruel to put someone like that in danger, it's stupid and counterproductive.

Giving him an office job is the obvious choice.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

that vid from a ukrainian trench was so shallow it’s probably wheelchair accessible tbh

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Tru everyone was suggesting wagner is kind

The post understander keeps understanding

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wagner recruitment video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiUMMWrl1qE

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mila kunis posted:

I support the supply of fighter jets to ukraine

We'll let them know

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The translation is actually really garbage to be honest and it misses some of what the guys say and mangles as lot but even so it is still pretty easy to get that he is giving them more of a pep talk then commanding them back into kamikaze squads or whatever people think they are cooking up.

He is sure as much as an rear end in a top hat as any dude running a merc outfit but the subject is the video clip.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jel Shaker posted:

that vid from a ukrainian trench was so shallow it’s probably wheelchair accessible tbh

Lmaooooo

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
without reading a word i'm going to assume mlmp08 is providing valuable context as usual and keeping this thread grounded, rather than being a dishonest piece of poo poo as you might think at first glance. thank you for your service sir

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The full video would be useful. NEXTA has a bad habit of taking tiny snips out of context. So maybe everyone's clapping for the Wagner boss and happy to engage in long-distance computer warfare, right after this clip ends.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

"I'm just going to make some poo poo up and you're all just terrible people that support murder and genocide if you think that's stupid. Probably would have supported the confederacy in the civil war even."

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
No, the mercenary CEO was just recording an episode of Punked.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
This provides a little bit more context.

quote:

“There are only two ways to leave the Wagner PMC [private military company]: on an old-age pension or in a zinc coffin,” says Prigozhin, chuckling. “But it’s not so bad here, is it?”

“Yeah, it’s good,” responds a one-legged man in a gray hoodie. “In my situation, I could only have dreamed of something like this.”

“How much time did you have left in your sentence?” asks Prigozhin.

“I had 10 years behind me and 13 years ahead of me. Quite a few.”

“You were an offender, as they say, but now you’re a war hero,” Prigozhin assures him.

A senior citizen in Russia’s Veliky Novgorod region, Olga Pavlova says she felt sick as she watched the footage. The one-legged “offender” talking to Prigozhin is a man named Stanislav Bogdanov who, 10 years ago, bludgeoned her brother to death. She was the one who found the body and cleaned up the bloodstains. At the time, Bogdanov was sentenced to 23 years in a high-security prison.

So maybe at least one of those guys thinks this isn't an all-bad outcome.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

The full video would be useful. NEXTA has a bad habit of taking tiny snips out of context. So maybe everyone's clapping for the Wagner boss and happy to engage in long-distance computer warfare, right after this clip ends.

:gb2gbs:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
to be honest that isn't even the clip i was remembering, i remember a larger room with some folks in wheelchairs, but i may just be getting my prigozhin pep talks mixed up. don't speak the language, don't know that twitter account, can't vouch for the accuracy

Jel Shaker posted:

:drat:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

you’d think mlmp08 was the biggest confederacy fan ever considering how much effort he puts into repeatedly being owned by other posters.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

i'd love to "see less" hersh

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lostconfused posted:

I'm just going to make some poo poo up and you're all just terrible people that support murder and genocide if you think that's stupid.

Can't tell if you're quoting a Zelensky or Putin spokesperson.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

this seems like he's talking about computer toucher jobs, which also makes more sense from the tone of the conversation.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zodium posted:

this seems like he's talking about computer toucher jobs, which also makes more sense from the tone of the conversation.

What's the dude saying who says everything is ruined? Or is that translation error by the bot?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Qurnah posted:

it's not only germany though, the eu's entire energy net is kinda connected so energy prices have gone up everywhere so it's not just "their" problem, my electricity bill has gone up about 10x since last year

that said as someone who is directly affected by this idgaf if the americans did it or not, i personally do think it was them who did it but anything that puts less money in the pocket of putins warcrime machine the better

thank you for your service

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/apagliar/status/1626366319183396864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mlmp08 posted:

go away you tedious oval office