Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lmao that Cleveland cut it from 30 to 4 but good on the 76ers for holding on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cavs defense is legit

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Tonight is the first night that the new look Lakers are fully healthy but they are 2.5 games out of 10th place with OKC holding the tiebreaker+having the easiest schedule for the rest of the season. So far they look great but this is a 26-32 team. They'll have to probably go at least 15-9 for the rest of the season

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I forgot Cleveland was hot and on a 7 game streak

ok sixers you did good

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I forgot Cleveland was hot and on a 7 game streak

ok sixers you did good

:yeah:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
garbage time starting with the nuggets up 114-98

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Jokic statpadded his 10th assist in garbage time. I bet he secretly cares about that triple double average but at least he doesn't average 5+ TOs getting it and shoot well under 50% like Westbrook

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

Jokic statpadded his 10th assist in garbage time. I bet he secretly cares about that triple double average but at least he doesn't average 5+ TOs getting it and shoot well under 50% like Westbrook

tatum stuck around in garbage time today sitting on 38 points and 9 rebounds trying to stat pad lol. he didnt make a shot or get a rebound for all of the garbage time he was playing in though. owned.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

tatum stuck around in garbage time today sitting on 38 points and 9 rebounds trying to stat pad lol. he didnt make a shot or get a rebound for all of the garbage time he was playing in though. owned.

Would have taken the lead in double doubles if he had stat padded successfully in my fantasy league. Alas

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the Sixers are finally running good lineups. something must have changed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I see

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The man is showing how much he can cook after the trade. That and/or 45 points means nothing anymore

Fun fact: Mikal Bridges hasn't missed a game since his junior year of high school. Nearing 500 straight games in all that time

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 17, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

45 points means nothing anymore

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

50/20 is boring now. wake me up when someones scoring 70

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

It is the all star break and the Sacramento Kings are still at third place in the Western conference. Time to suffer in agony for a week with no interesting basketball except for maybe the 3 point contest. Baffled as to how Julius Randle made it over Isaiah Joe but I'm excited to see Huerter and Halliburton go for it

I want to make midseason predictions for the 2nd half of the season+playoffs soon. I'm also winning in my fantasy league out of 12 teams so that's cool

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I think Randle as a sub is because their pool of people to choose from was people already going to Utah

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol that kcp wasn't selected

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ex post facho posted:

lol that kcp wasn't selected

mb is the best 3 point shooter in the league this season. shoulda picked him

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

make Steph do it from a wheelchair

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

They should do a contest with the worst three point shooters. Ben Simmons vs. Gobert vs. Adebayo vs. Evan Mobley

My over under on Simmons would be 1 three pointer the whole contest

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

They should do a contest with the worst three point shooters. Ben Simmons vs. Gobert vs. Adebayo vs. Evan Mobley

timelord took one the other day so he could qualify too. he somehow hit the bottom of the rim

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
i still hate the nickname timelord and only dumbass Boston fans could come up with something so stupid

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i like it because its dumb

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
plus there should be league wide rules on giving out something that powerful sounding on good players, save it for the next wilt

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

he's a perfectly serviceable nba center

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when I first heard it I thought timelord was kind of a weird nickname but whatever, then people doing over the top complains about it has made me really like it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

he's a perfectly serviceable nba center

that's really underselling him

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

looking forward to the Mobley v Bones Rising Stars Challenge feat. Mac McClung and Scoot Henderson

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

simmons out at the arc jacking up line drives that clank off the rim getting more and more flustered only for him to glance at the clock and instinctively pass the bonus ball to a ball boy down in the paint

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

i changed my mind. i want the pick-up game between players who have announced they will retire next year versus free agents who are just a little too expensive at veteran minimum

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Bomani Jones' idea to make the All Star game "call your own fouls" is genius

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1626778388848336901

Once Timothee Chalamet/Jalen Williams/SGA team up with Chet Holmgren next year the Thunder will be unstoppable

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

wasn't until i saw guy fieri that i realized i'd much rather guy fieri be doing play by play here

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

i don't expect him to know anything about basketball but he's got a voice that gets me excited about things i've seen a million times.

i'm like a dog in this respect, show me a burger or some ribs or a dunk, guy fieri's 100%-on all the time schtick just works.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

Bomani Jones' idea to make the All Star game "call your own fouls" is genius

Woah, yeah that that would rule

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

TDepressionEarl posted:

feat. Mac McClung

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It was nice of them both to tweet about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I new a very racist guy when I was 19 who called basketball “African tree hockey”

I don’t talk to him anymore