Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

It was a work bite brother, Larry don't break kayfabe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/Jst2funky/status/1626977675167297537
https://twitter.com/strychninelives/status/1626938400640225281

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

this kid is nuts posted:

I'm not against the idea that wrestling shows can have a heavy emphasis on storylines and segments etc. outside of just matches. But whenever I've actually sat down and watched the WWF/E the "storyline" is usually that one guy calls another guy a poo poo head, then the other guys comes out and says "no you're the poo poo head" and hits him with his finisher.

Fair fucks if that's what you like but personally I prefer seeing people piledrive each other through tables

They've got one good story going right now for the first time in years and people are losing their minds because of it

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Which AEW segment would Meltzer and Alvarez have produced? Brodie throwing papers while a short man yells is my bet.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

mooseinfants posted:

They've got one good story going right now for the first time in years and people are losing their minds because of it

A competently booked babyface? Did someone say Emmy Award? 😍

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who is going to lose tonight in his home town lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

A competently booked babyface? Did someone say Emmy Award? 😍

I've seen people literally saying this and it's wild. WWE's desperately begged for Emmy nominations for like 20 years and everyone made fun of them for it but they do one like competant storyline and suddenly people are completely all in on it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Meltzer and Sapp both did talking head spots. Ariel routinely does embedded PR.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Power Windows posted:

Which AEW segment would Meltzer and Alvarez have produced? Brodie throwing papers while a short man yells is my bet.
Unless this is secret dirtsheet scoops, I assume they mean that both Melzter and Alvarez have appeared in Road To (or Road To style packages) talking about how great a performer X or Y is, or how great the last A vs. B match was.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mooseinfants posted:

I'm not even giving them credit until it's done and over, because there's nothing I expect of WWE more than to botch the finish.

And as I've said before, my bar is "Sami gets at least one of the top titles" which isn't the way I think they're going!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Power Windows posted:

When AEW brought in Baron Von Rashke for Full Gear 2021 in Minnesota, Bryan was one of the people they called to check if anybody knew how to get into contact with him, and Bryan had his number. This over time has morphed into "Bryan booked the segment" and "Bryan produced the show" to "Dave and Bryan are paid producers for AEW" and so on

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

People also use the Meltzer Driver as proof that Dave is a paid AEW employee as if the Bucks weren't using that move years before AEW existed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They named that move to pop their uncle Dave Meltzer

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dave and Bryan taught Shahid Khan about injection moulding in the 1970s and the rest is history

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Endless Mike posted:

I'm not even giving them credit until it's done and over, because there's nothing I expect of WWE more than to botch the finish.

And as I've said before, my bar is "Sami gets at least one of the top titles" which isn't the way I think they're going!

Do people really think Sami is going to beat Roman for the title? I guess that's a testament to the angle if they've convinced anyone that's a possibility.

Let's get real, there's no way Roman is dropping his title and losing for the first time in forever to Sami Zayn a month before Wrestlemania. Good lord. I doubt he's losing it to Cody at Mania, but that's at least in the realm of possibility.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I'm still fairly convinced they're just gonna keep the titles on Roman indefinitely until the Rock finally agrees to do the drat match and it won't matter how many years it takes for that happen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

Do people really think Sami is going to beat Roman for the title? I guess that's a testament to the angle if they've convinced anyone that's a possibility.

Let's get real, there's no way Roman is dropping his title and losing for the first time in forever to Sami Zayn a month before Wrestlemania. Good lord. I doubt he's losing it to Cody at Mania, but that's at least in the realm of possibility.

I don't think they will, I'm just saying that's the correct way to end this story.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For anyone who says wrestling fans are too tribal I have discovered the dozen or so XFL and USFL fans are at war

https://twitter.com/USFLExpert/status/1609584269000867845

https://twitter.com/wt24377/status/1627097201196531713

https://twitter.com/USFLExpert/status/1627321188971163649

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

quote:

People asking why KO didn't come down immediately and help Sami? Firstly, Sami waited and waited to help KO, even when KO was telling him for months what was going to happen. Secondly, KO is not a babyface, he's an anti-heel. Thirdly, they haven't re-established Sami and KO as friends yet. Sami chose the Bloodline over KO at Survivor Series. Just having KO blindly make the save makes no sense, he's just returning the favour for Sami.

I'm looking forward to Roman/Cody and the Usos/SamiKO at Wrestlemania, there's six weeks to build those matches.

anti-heel

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

XFL Analyst vs. USFL Expert is a main event anywhere in the country!

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
[quote="Suplex Liberace" post="529929184"]
anti-heel

It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-heel.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/116svjc/what_went_wrong_with_the_great_khali_he_was/

I just realised that this poster was likely a child during this and is now an adult man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/QTMarshall/status/1627484240819494913

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao that man getting heated about an oosotogari buster

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The problem though is that the person taking the move claimed it concussed them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It's... a fllat back bump. A particularly gentle one at that....

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

No idea about the facts of the situation but what I see in the video is a stiff enough landing plausibly to cause a concussion if the chin wasn't tucked. Flat back landings can actually be pretty bad that way, and an osoto gari can be a pretty hard breakfall. If someone told me "I got hurt there" I'd believe them, and if someone told me "yeah I was fine from that" I'd believe them.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

It looks pretty bad imo. I'm not sure how you're supposed to protect yourself if the person is pushing you down by the head. The closest thing that comes to mind is that bulldog type thing that Kenny does but he always lets go at the last moment

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
For the record:
https://twitter.com/ThundrdomeStyle/status/1627443837617537025?s=20

Kennel fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 20, 2023

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
do people normally ask for concussions

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Seams posted:

anybody who asks for a steel chair shot to the head to really be laid into,

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The issue is that she held her head the whole way which prevented them from tucking their chin.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who is the person doing the move? They look vaguely familiar but I can’t place them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Who is the person doing the move? They look vaguely familiar but I can’t place them.

Reka Tehaka, who used to be a regular on Dark/Elevation

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Kind of a shame. I thought she was promising.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
She's still on the circuit, was just on WOW this week. Actually this got me doublechecking she didn't go up against a person I know who got into wrestling but has only been doing it for about two years. I'm a little worried about them because it felt like they hopped into wrestling after Glow, in comparison to the tough derby person I know who started training for wrestling and decided it wasn't for them way earlier.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Seams posted:

two words: Power Slap

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what did QT say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

as long as your head gently hits the mat at the same time as your back—your weight falling down from a standing position—the force is distributed evenly throughout your body