Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm going to need to know the context for a full appreciation, even though it's true.

Short white guy who has played in 2 NBA games won the dunk contest.

Edit: also his name is Mac McClung, which is not a real name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why are people shooting off fireworks

Fizz poo poo his pants

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

swickles posted:

Short white guy who has played in 2 NBA games won the dunk contest.

Edit: also his name is Mac McClung, which is not a real name

lmao. Mac McClung sounds like a name from that Japanese baseball game, like he should be squaring up against Bobson Dugnutt.

Also Nate Robinson won the dunk contest like twice and he was short. My partner had some teenage grudges against Robinson for friends group issues and McClacker doesn't have that going for him.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Being short gives you an advantage in the dunk contest. Makes everything look cooler (because it is).

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

John Wick 2 is a better Hitman movie than Hitman or Hitman: Agent 47 (disclaimer, I've seen neither)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Nuriko's character arc is really the big thing that brings down Fushigi Yuugi on rewatch now and it always felt weird to me even as a teen. It kind of sucks to rewatch as an adult because I do miss that era of isekai anime that was aimed at teen girls since a lot of them are a lot more fun and generally better than modern isekai. I'd hope a remake would get at the points that make Fushigi Yuugi a ton fun but update it so at least Nuriko's plot is a lot better. There's no escaping Nakago's whole deal though.

I really do need to rewatch FY, because I don't even remember Nakago's deal.

I miss that era, too; modern isekai is just full of boring power fantasies with video game stats that I'm not at all interested in; gimme something like Escaflowne or Magic Knight Rayearth, or at least make the MC earn their overpowered horseshit.

Kalli posted:

I also absolutely loved Ranma 1/2, got to college discovered so many other people who did, and then watched over the next decade as every one of them came out as trans.

Ranma is a really good series for cracking someone's egg. Lot of trans anime fans watched or read it and went, "wow, what is that Ranma person complaining about? I'd love it if I could turn into the opposite... ohhhhhhhh"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Also Nate Robinson won the dunk contest like twice and he was short. My partner had some teenage grudges against Robinson for friends group issues and McClacker doesn't have that going for him.

Nate Robinson getting sparked in a boxing match against whichever of the Paul brothers is the one they planned on winning fights is one of the more random things I'll think about in 5 years and just go...'oh, yeah, that happened and people cared about it for some reason.'

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

Nate Robinson getting sparked in a boxing match against whichever of the Paul brothers is the one they planned on winning fights is one of the more random things I'll think about in 5 years and just go...'oh, yeah, that happened and people cared about it for some reason.'

Logan Paul is the piece of poo poo that staged the video of the suicide victim and currently makes tons of money from YouTubing and showing up on WWE. Jake Paul is the piece of poo poo who wins fixed boxing / MMA matches and is also a domestic abuser.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1627131476792971267?s=20

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Good for him. I don't love Carter's politics but he's about as close as a president can be to a genuinely good person.

Agreed. In terms of a lasting legacy, spotlighting the need for housing with his work with habitat for humanity is a pretty good one.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shinji2015 posted:

Ranma is a really good series for cracking someone's egg. Lot of trans anime fans watched or read it and went, "wow, what is that Ranma person complaining about? I'd love it if I could turn into the opposite... ohhhhhhhh"

sometimes I feel like the only trans woman on earth who hasn't seen Ranma lol

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Lol. I can’t imagine what their twilio bill is. I know what my company’s is and paying for short codes and ensured delivery is not cheap.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

One of my good friends is a director at Twilio and I’m just now finding out what his company does lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

shirts and skins posted:

sometimes I feel like the only trans woman on earth who hasn't seen Ranma lol

lol it's an interesting watch just to see a 80s/90s era show accidentally stumble across a lot of modern gender representation

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pants status: not poo poo in

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

John Wick 2 is a better Hitman movie than Hitman or Hitman: Agent 47 (disclaimer, I've seen neither)

Let’s just say we saw it in an empty theater and nice user name/ post combo

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 19, 2023

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Me to myself every time I hit send on this app

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My best friend recently proposed a superhero who could poo poo through time and space. Like they would just have to think of a particular location and date and their poo poo would manifest there.

I think it would be more interesting with a limitation like removing the ability to choose location. Like.if you want to poo poo in Hitler's breakfast you actually have to travel to Germany.

I personally would visit tall buildings and aim for dates before they were built. Really ruin someone's great grandparents' day from 1,000 feet up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Me to myself every time I hit send on this app

I occasionally have a dream that (whether here or other places) I have said something even dumber than I would normally say that would exist forever on the internet and wake up worried.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Quiet Feet posted:

My best friend recently proposed a superhero who could poo poo through time and space. Like they would just have to think of a particular location and date and their poo poo would manifest there.

I think it would be more interesting with a limitation like removing the ability to choose location. Like.if you want to poo poo in Hitler's breakfast you actually have to travel to Germany.

I personally would visit tall buildings and aim for dates before they were built. Really ruin someone's great grandparents' day from 1,000 feet up.

I love the premise, but removing the ability to also teleport said poo poo would remove the possibility of the Hero's "command center". Just imagine, a giant room, painted in various shades of brown, yellow, and green, with a pedestal holding a shining, silver toilet.

Or else Barclay's brain-Enterprise interface with lasers pointing at the hero's rear end... Either or will do.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

Congrats!

I’m a firm believer that the body knows when there are good and bad times to poo poo and that it just shuts down the urge to poop when it’s a bad time to do it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
You're not wrong. Part of the fight or flight response is to slow digestion. Doesn't help when you're turtling, but if that dook is higher up in the system... Welp.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Congrats!

I’m a firm believer that the body knows when there are good and bad times to poo poo and that it just shuts down the urge to poop when it’s a bad time to do it.

Your body does! You actually have two sphincters, and the internal one is not one you can control. It’s the external sphincter you have control of and is your gate of last resort.

Of course sometimes the pressure is just too great and that’s when being a goon happens.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

SMS 2FA is no great shakes and should probably be sunset across the board for auth apps, but he couldn’t just say “hey this isn’t secure enough so we’re going to implement some other MFA” by default; instead he has to take a jab at old Twitter by pointing out how much was being spent and then frame himself as some hero saving the company 60M dollars a year. Oh and also instead of getting rid of it just making it a Twitter Blue exclusive.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

Fizz poo poo his pants

Let he who has never poo poo his pants cast the first turd.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Congrats!

I once went on a hike very hungover, made it up the mountain and then realized I was in dire straits, ran off into the bushes and unleashed hell overlooking a magnificent vista of the Oregon coast. Thankfully nobody else was there except my dog, but I encountered a few other hikers on their way up a few minutes later, always wondered if they had a terrible discovery once they made it to the top.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I once went on a hike very hungover, made it up the mountain and then realized I was in dire straits, ran off into the bushes and unleashed hell overlooking a magnificent vista of the Oregon coast. Thankfully nobody else was there except my dog, but I encountered a few other hikers on their way up a few minutes later, always wondered if they had a terrible discovery once they made it to the top.

I had that happen on a hike once. I always wonder what someone thought when they came upon the carnage. Just leaning against a tree with an immeasurable amount of soft serve diarrhea boiling out of me like a lava flow. It was almost hilariously disgusting.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 19, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Congrats!

Yup. My rear end knows my brain hates public toilets and the former never lets the latter down

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I had a GI flight from hell last year too. A couple of good friends got married in Chicago and I figured we would do it up for the weekend - splashed out a bunch of points and miles for a fancy hotel, first class tickets, etc etc. the wedding was on a Sunday and we had to fly back first thing on Monday morning. I didn’t go too hard - I think I had 3 drinks at most - but we were up until about 3 with a 6am wake up call. I laid down and within about 15 minutes my stomach was roiling. Thought a trip to the bathroom would help but it didn’t, and it was painful enough that I couldn’t sleep. Rolled out at 6am walking this knife’s edge of erupting from both ends and it lasted the car ride, the entire wait at the gate, and the flight. The flight is only about 2 hours but it felt like an eternity.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
poo poo Richard Belzer, whose name I only vaguely knew and remembered from news reports about his passing died.

loving Munch is gone :(

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

poo poo Richard Belzer, whose name I only vaguely knew and remembered from news reports about his passing died.

loving Munch is gone :(

the only confirmation i see is from larraine newman

this is more legit, though

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1627362228507918336

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I had such a great week of work at that conference I was at then I miss my flight home due to sheer stupidity and then woke up sick on Friday so had to skip out on my cousin's awesome wedding. I am still not feeling great but I don't want to be the guy to skip the DND session tonight we've been planning for the last 6 months. At least it's online..

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well that's confirmation

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1627375205570994176

quote:

Belzer died early Sunday at his home in Bozouls in southwest France, writer Bill Scheft, a longtime friend of the actor, told The Hollywood Reporter. “He had lots of health issues, and his last words were, ‘gently caress you, motherfucker,'” Scheft said.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Dude was in the X-Files...as Munch somehow.

I honestly can't think of another guy who just kept his character through so many different shows.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/RobDenBleyker/status/1627339479743705088

lol facebook is gonna follow the twitter blue model

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can't wait for my boss to see this and think "great idea, let's implement it"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

It’s p cool that social media is going to self-immolate imo

We may finally be free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nobody even uses Meta and now he wants to charge for it?

Misread that as metaverse, but still, who the gently caress is going to start paying for Facebook?

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 19, 2023