Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Deptfordx posted:

Lol, so nothing to stop the whole reason they got sued and had to introduce blue check verification the first time.

I don't know for a fact that they're doing this, but yes, this is clearly what they're doing. Elon Musk has made it extremely clear that he does not give a poo poo about the original reason twitter had blue checks.

What's Tony La Russa gonna do, sue? get in line, buddy, elon has violated so many contracts and injunctions that he's clearly going for the three stooges immunity effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/shellilala21/status/1627351107122106369?s=20

:lol:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

what is he doing exactly?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

An insane mind posted:

well, he got to guest host on SNL and they only allow the best of the best to do that

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

An insane mind posted:

Solved world hunge....oh no wait, he flaked on that. Fixed the water in Flin...nope, hold on. Saved those kids in the cav...oh crap no he called the rescuer a pedo instead. Uhm, created self driving cars? drat no those have become killing machines...crap this is tough

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It would be easier and faster to list people that have done less for humanity than Elon Musk rather than those that have done more.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Dr. Salk would like a word.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Platonicsolid posted:

Dr. Salk would like a word.

You mean that fake vaccine pusher? Phhht, get real

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Twitter seems to be turbo hosed tonight. I keep basically getting the 10 same tweets repeating over and over as I scroll down. Has it been like this for long?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

There are only 10 tweets left.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
much like with emeralds, the tweet mine has run dry

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

big black turnout posted:

I would assume clothing companies at least do well advertising on Instagram

i will say instagram is the one app that has ever advertised clothes to me that i would actually be interested in. not sure what their secret is exactly but it is working for them

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Lol facebook also going paid verified

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
lemmings, billionaire edition

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
big tech companies who have laid off gigantic swathes of their workforces are officially out of ideas

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

"Direct access to customer support is the real value"...

Is it? Really? On loving Facebook?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Amphigory posted:

Don’t you remember all those hours you spent waiting on hold for Facebook support? Isn’t 14.99 a small price to pay to get *checks notes* absolutely none of your time back?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol it's an excuse to fire 90% of the support team

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some people do have their entire business run through facebook & Insta, I could see them finding value in it.

Not a great look for Meta, charging for basic features. Can be read as further proof that internet advertising is poo poo for paying the bills.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"Meta has spent $36 billion building the metaverse but still has little to show for it"
https://www.businessinsider.com/meta-lost-30-billion-on-metaverse-rivals-spent-far-less-2022-10

...and plans to spend another $20 billion in 2023. So bizarre, aside from some superfans of Ready Player One it isn't even something people want or need. Such a huge waste of time and effort.

Amphigory posted:

Yeah I don't get that. It's certainly not a feature worth monthly payments.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All of that poo poo is just betting on someone inventing a killer app (because they sure don't seem to have one) and them being the first platform to market that it can be served on.

It's a hosed up looking gamble, but big corps do some hosed up speculative poo poo.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Harminoff posted:

Lol facebook also going paid verified

lol Facebook thinks I'm going to pay them for this bullshit.

Watching Zuck and Musk destroy their undeserved reputations as golden boy geniuses in real time has been delightful.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

"Meta has spent $36 billion building the metaverse but still has little to show for it"
https://www.businessinsider.com/meta-lost-30-billion-on-metaverse-rivals-spent-far-less-2022-10

...and plans to spend another $20 billion in 2023. So bizarre, aside from some superfans of Ready Player One it isn't even something people want or need. Such a huge waste of time and effort.
I don't think even the Ready Player One superfans are into it. Everything I've seen regarding the metaverse makes it look like the worst, cheapest sub-Second Life poo poo imaginable.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Mal-3 posted:

I don't think even the Ready Player One superfans are into it. Everything I've seen regarding the metaverse makes it look like the worst, cheapest sub-Second Life poo poo imaginable.

I dunno, this Metaverse thing might have legs 🤔

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Mal-3 posted:

Weren't they really pushing the Meta stuff for business stuff and meetings? cause those are already seem awful on Zoom, can't even imagine how dreadful they would be in VR. Three hour meetings with a headset on sounds like hell. It really feels like the social media bubble is starting to burst, albeit very slowly.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

An insane mind posted:

He brought freedom of speech back onTwitter, OP.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The smart move would be to allow direct access to customer service, but that feature only unlocks after 90 days of consecutive active subscription (and locks immediately if canceled of course)

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Imagine paying to give advertisers even more info about yourself

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
If I become the customer, am I no longer the product?

Capitalism: haha, no

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

yook posted:

If I become the customer, am I no longer the product?

Capitalism: haha, no

Slaps the top of a Dell workstation : we can re-package your personal info in so many ways with this bad boy

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Man, I tried installing a spare SSD into a work DELL computer to upgrade it but I didn't know at the time they used some weird proprietary stuff on their systems so that regular size parts don't work. I think I found the right hard drive tray on amazon for like $30 or something stupid.

So I just loving taped the SSD to the top of the hard drive that was already installed in there instead. Works great.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

yook posted:

Man, I tried installing a spare SSD into a work DELL computer to upgrade it but I didn't know at the time they used some weird proprietary stuff on their systems so that regular size parts don't work. I think I found the right hard drive tray on amazon for like $30 or something stupid.

So I just loving taped the SSD to the top of the hard drive that was already installed in there instead. Works great.

Last I checked, they also purposely wire their power supplies backward.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Elon Musk: Not as popular as I'd hoped (sigh)

We can't use this, it's stealing memes and that would make us no better than Ebaum Musk

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

this galaxy brain meme is like 7 years old and he didn't even make it funny.

he's stuck in the gamergate era of the internet and he's trying to force us all back into it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

thin blue whine posted:

this galaxy brain meme is like 7 years old and he didn't even make it funny.

he's stuck in the gamergate era of the internet and he's trying to force us all back into it.

Every time I hear someone mention gamergate I remember that comically large amount of drama was started by some dumbshit trying so hard to justify doxxing his ex that cheated on him.

Also he registered an SA account just so that he could post his little manifesto here too and got immediately banned.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

thin blue whine posted:

and he didn't even make it funny.

buddy he didn't even make it at all

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

So why does designing a bad looking VR version of ROBLOX take billions of dollars?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

spunkshui posted:

So why does designing a bad looking VR version of ROBLOX take billions of dollars?

Because they paid a bunch of people whose only experience was making webpages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
“How hard could VR be “
-user experience enterprise architect