Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The real twist with Paimon is how much they will stick to the Ars Goetia.

quote:

The Ninth Spirit in this Order is Paimon, a Great King, and very obedient unto Lucifer...This Spirit can teach all Arts and Sciences, and other secret things. He can discover unto thee what the Earth is, and what holdeth it up in the Waters; and what Mind is, and where it is; or any other thing thou mayest desire to know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I cant imagine hating Paimon

she's cute

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Until she opens her mouth.

Honestly JP and CN Paimon aren't unbearable. Haven't listened to any of the other non-EN voices but I legitimately cannot fathom how people are able to stand EN Paimon's voice.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

Paimon chat makes me wonder if they'll ever do something equivalent to Honkai's Captainverse in Genshin. That would be one route to introducing a playable Paimon without affecting the main storyline. (For non- Honkai players, the Captainverse is a meta multiverse travel story arc they've used as the background for alt character versions.)

Also every Captainverse story is limited time event exclusive. Which sucks for following Captainverse, but is certainly better than having main universe stuff be event exclusive.

Also it gets loving hilarious sometimes. The Captain is becoming less and less of an empty player insert, which was weird at first but means he can do things like go on a short rant about Tesla and Einstein's overuse of the word "Quantum."

They continue to abuse the word "quantum" to this day.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Paimon would betray us for a sandwich.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Honestly JP and CN Paimon aren't unbearable. Haven't listened to any of the other non-EN voices but I legitimately cannot fathom how people are able to stand EN Paimon's voice.

with ears

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

sushibandit posted:

In general the JP and EN voices for a lot of characters are so high pitched and grating, I've been playing with CN a lot or just fully muting voices, but then I don't get to hear Itto

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Paimon should get angry more. At least in English, Normal Paimon's voice ranges from "annoying" to "meh," but angry Paimon is loving hilarious.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Paimon would betray us for a sandwich.

She wouldn't, but she would definitely whine about not getting it and treat it like some kind of sacrifice.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
The only thing I hate about Paimon is that she looks like she’s wearing a diaper so I imagine her flying around while she has a fat load in her Pampers flipping around and stinking.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain France posted:

Paimon should get angry more. At least in English, Normal Paimon's voice ranges from "annoying" to "meh," but angry Paimon is loving hilarious.

I feel like there's been a lot more events with Paimon just being tired of people's poo poo lately, and it's been pretty enjoyable

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

bengraven posted:

The only thing I hate about Paimon is that she looks like she’s wearing a diaper so I imagine her flying around while she has a fat load in her Pampers flipping around and stinking.

:chloe:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

bengraven posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bengraven posted:

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Joke all you want. Next time she’s doing her flipping spinning animation spasms while talking you’ll all hear “flop flop flop” and the smell…the smell.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

You could maybe just stop acting like a complete weirdo about it.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Eimi posted:

The real twist with Paimon is how much they will stick to the Ars Goetia.

Wikipedia posted:

In Abramelin, King Paimo(n)'s powers include[15] knowledge of past and future events, clearing up doubts, making spirits appear, creating visions, acquiring and dismissing servant spirits, reanimating the dead for several years, flight, remaining underwater indefinitely, and general abilities to "make all kinds of things" (and) "all sorts of people and armor appear" at the behest of the magician.[16]

Emphasis mine because well, we did fish her out of the ocean.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
come on guys we're just having a laugh ha ha but can you imagine? ha ha

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Putting Dehya on the standard banner was the final nail on the coffin. Thanks so much for ruining the very character many yearned for. Gmae has been unfun for quite a while now. And this company does not give any care towards its dedicated playerbase who enjoy this game's mechanics and character progression. As for Dehya she was the character I was most excited for since the Sumeru teaser. And they delayed her banner 5 patch after just to make her a standard banner character with weakest kit.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Uhh.. I'm cool with eventual Dehya cons. It's fine if a character is whatever.

Anyway I'm glad a picture taking event is coming around again. For the current or eventual Ayaka havers out if the event has a charged attack requirement, see if you can get a shot with her sword extended. Next time I need XQs sword belt on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mordiceius posted:

Putting Dehya on the standard banner was the final nail on the coffin. Thanks so much for ruining the very character many yearned for. Gmae has been unfun for quite a while now. And this company does not give any care towards its dedicated playerbase who enjoy this game's mechanics and character progression. As for Dehya she was the character I was most excited for since the Sumeru teaser. And they delayed her banner 5 patch after just to make her a standard banner character with weakest kit.

syq

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

quote:

I had to change my 5* review of this game to 1*. I know this makes no difference but guys, I can't seem to cope with what they've done to Dehya out of all characters. My heart is completely broken and it pains when I see arts and posts about Dehya.

Anyone who has this reaction should have their account taken away from them and be told to touch grass.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mordiceius posted:

Anyone who has this reaction should have their account taken away from them and be told to touch grass.

Yeah I really hope they've got a loved one or guardian using parental controls to keep them from pouring all of their money into the game too. Since I just don't think someone who has tossed a couple of battlepass or welkins at the game would have that kind of reaction.

But also the whole fomo and hype building for characters is how the whole predatory gacha model works. They needed this player to feel this invested. Hell, I'm not as addicted but I still felt bad that going 78 and then 68 pulls into Al's banner didn't get me him.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

meanwhile raiden + yelan sure does bring the pain...it's almost cruel

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1626912346127097856

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yae reading a menu is my favorite part.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I love little kazubaby

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Tricky building teams at the moment, the all seem to end up with the Goddess of Eternity sneaking in there because I’m a massive fan of her burst.

Just rolled Mona c1 on standard banner. Still missing Keqing and Tig, but I use Mona often enough so no harm done. Seems like a minor buff.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god, Yelan really is fast mode. I didnt know she could speed run! and the hyperbloom potential?

what a great unit i'm please

e: oh her bracelet glowing makes her fire off an aoe. neat! bow users rule!!!!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hellioning posted:

Yae reading a menu is my favorite part.

I love all of the adorable pink fox fan art. It's too bad you never see her in that form in game.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Oh my god, Yelan really is fast mode. I didnt know she could speed run! and the hyperbloom potential?

the best part of bow users is the part that doesn't involve their bows

except yoimiya. i guess.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Captain France posted:

Angry EN Paimon is a gift we did not deserve.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

My mat gathering team is Scara, Sayu, Yelan, + the relevant specialty character. Never not zooming

Gearhead posted:

Angry EN Paimon is a gift we did not deserve.

:agreed:

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Mordiceius posted:

GENSHIN IS SERIOUS FUCKIN BUSINESS

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean tbh 'this game annoyed me and ruined a character i was looking forward to so im quitting it' seems like a relatively healthy reaction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is the actual crazy reaction

https://twitter.com/marysdyke/status/1626555637244039168?lang=en

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

There can be more than one crazy reaction. They’re all terrible.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

What does that even mean???

And Albedo being boring is also a completely wrong opinion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some people are convinced that they made dehya bad on purpose because she has dark skin. ive seen multiple people saying that the chinese government forced them to make her bad because of that even because redditors are extremely normal about the chinese government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

some people are convinced that they made dehya bad on purpose because she has dark skin. ive seen multiple people saying that the chinese government forced them to make her bad because of that even because redditors are extremely normal about the chinese government
The three paths to becoming a designer at a big studio: start as a tester, start as a programmer, or start as a CCP censor.