Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Not sure if anyone is familiar with the ‘PSPlay’ Android TV app, but the developer behind it has just released an Xbox version called ‘XBXplay’. I tried it this afternoon, really good quality streaming from my living room XSX to the Nvidia Shield in my bedroom (admittedly my whole setup is hardwired though).

Previously the only options for Xbox streaming on Android TV were sideloading the GamePass app and streaming from the cloud, or via an ancient version of the ‘Xbox Streaming’ app from July ‘20 that had horrible bitrate issues when I tried it.

Not clear to me why Microsoft doesn’t just make a TV app with local streaming themselves, but I’ll gladly take this option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Lies of P is gonna be GOTY

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

Uhh actually looks hella mid no cap. Perfect for Gay Pass though. I’m a 34 year old man.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

American McGay posted:

Uhh actually looks hella mid no cap. Perfect for Gay Pass though. I’m a 34 year old man.
Is this one of those two truths and a lie things

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a Hogwarts Legacy thread?

CONVERT PDF TO WORD
Jul 7, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I watched a gameplay video and your statement does not line up with that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Looks like a spiders game but less creative

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

RCarr posted:

It got gassed

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

you should consult a doctor if you've got hogwarts

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Just keep the fact you’re playing your secret shame op

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

webmeister posted:

It got gassed

lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

webmeister posted:

It got gassed

jk would be proud

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RCarr posted:

There's one in imp zone :cheers:

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Come on man. Just tell him to play what he likes best. The console is new, you don't have to start min/maxing immediately.

I mean sure, I agree, but I specifically cited the games they mentioned. They might not have known that first-party games stay indefinitely and that's pretty important to know.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Xbox Marketplace has a PGA 2k23/NBA 2k23 bundle for $35.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is there any site or sale for Game Pass subscriptions to get a year or something like that? I actually just sub selected months or using the 1€ whenever I can use that again.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Is there any site or sale for Game Pass subscriptions to get a year or something like that? I actually just sub selected months or using the 1€ whenever I can use that again.

There's the commonly known trick of redeeming a bunch of Live Gold codes (up to 3 years) and then converting it all to GP Ultimate (the account must not have an active GP Ultimate sub at the time of redeeming the Gold). The conversion rate is 1:1 that way.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zat posted:

There's the commonly known trick of redeeming a bunch of Live Gold codes (up to 3 years) and then converting it all to GP Ultimate (the account must not have an active GP Ultimate sub at the time of redeeming the Gold). The conversion rate is 1:1 that way.

Thanks! I want to get more time now since there are a good bunch of stuff I want to play like Hi-Fi Rush and Atomic Heart

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Guillermus posted:

Thanks! I want to get more time now since there are a good bunch of stuff I want to play like Hi-Fi Rush and Atomic Heart

Yeah you get to convert your whole gold membership period as a one off payment, it’s an insanely good deal. I got three years

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

Just keep the fact you’re playing your secret shame op

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Guillermus posted:

Piggybacking off what Zat said, I bought three years of Gold time from a Turkish site for maybe 70€ combined last summer when my Game Pass Ultimate ran out. You can just use a free VPN like Tunnelbear to spoof your connection to come from whatever cheaper country you get it from, and then redeem it on the website. You don't need to use a VPN after it's redeemed or anything.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Codes on eneba are like 25? for three months often.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Dead Space is great but very spoopy

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Piggybacking off what Zat said, I bought three years of Gold time from a Turkish site for maybe 70€ combined last summer when my Game Pass Ultimate ran out. You can just use a free VPN like Tunnelbear to spoof your connection to come from whatever cheaper country you get it from, and then redeem it on the website. You don't need to use a VPN after it's redeemed or anything.

Cool thanks! I got a 3ish euro 1month code off cdkeys (non stackable) so I'll do some searching right after this one expires or keep rolling these codes after expiration.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Also if you are ok with spending 30 seconds of mindshare to click around in Bing every day you can perpetually keep your Gamepass sub rolling with Microsoft Reward points.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Escape Goat posted:

Dead Space is great but very spoopy

Spooky not poopy right?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MikeRabsitch posted:

Also if you are ok with spending 30 seconds of mindshare to click around in Bing every day you can perpetually keep your Gamepass sub rolling with Microsoft Reward points.

Don’t get started with this mindshare business again, it’s the second most controversial topic after Harry wizard Potter

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like that computer touchers had to invent a new word for chores

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

installing a bing autoclicker is emotional labor

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Rumbleverse is fun. I'm trying to get all of the achievements for it before it goes offline and I like the combat as well as the silliness of the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It looks like purestrain AIDS but basically everyone that has ever played it says it’s fun and interesting. Looks incomprehensible to me, as well as a dog turd so I shan’t be finding out for myself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

It looks like purestrain AIDS but basically everyone that has ever played it says it’s fun and interesting. Looks incomprehensible to me, as well as a dog turd so I shan’t be finding out for myself.

turn on your screen

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

got'em

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Atomic Heart reviews are going live now. Reviews are very mixed.

GameSpot posted:

Sergei is also deeply unlikable as a person. He's antagonistic to everyone around him, including the regularly helpful Charles, and it's never explained why, leading to the slow realization of the painful truth that you're just playing as a lovely human being. You don't feel good playing as Sergei whenever he opens his mouth to talk to anyone--I empathize more with the people who have to tolerate his barrage of unfunny insults than I do him.

AusGamers posted:

Structurally, as a quasi-open thing, Atomic Heart is impressive. Huge thematic levels are interspersed between open areas that house ‘dungeons’ called Polygons, which offer weapon mods as rewards for their puzzle-combat challenges. It’s more Far Cry with puzzles than BioShock, and you can even jump into a car to get from one point to another.

GamePro posted:

A buzzword that keeps popping up in connection with Atomic Heart is "open world". However, this term raises expectations that the finished game can nowhere near live up to. Yes, after the Wawilow complex, which is quite drawn out, Atomic Heart releases us into an upper world that can be explored quite freely, but which is neither particularly large nor really interesting or offers optical highlights.

Rather, it is the connecting element between the larger-scale main missions, all of which take place in closed building complexes, similar to Halo Infinite. This also creates quite an imbalance between main missions and "Open World". The former also take a lot of time because of the tedious tasks, in the latter, on the other hand, we spend significantly less time.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 20, 2023

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Are there any good team deathmatch or arena shooter type games on Gamepass besides Halo? Just looking for something to play with a couple of friends. We tried the new Apex Legends TDM mode but it's bad. Objective or round based or whatever is fine too just needs to be enough people playing that we can find a match and where you spend most of your time shooting mans and not waiting around or running around looking for fights (i.e. not battle royale)

I guess basically Halo but not Halo because we've played the hell out of it already

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

another win for gamepass

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

prom candy posted:

Are there any good team deathmatch or arena shooter type games on Gamepass besides Halo? Just looking for something to play with a couple of friends. We tried the new Apex Legends TDM mode but it's bad. Objective or round based or whatever is fine too just needs to be enough people playing that we can find a match and where you spend most of your time shooting mans and not waiting around or running around looking for fights (i.e. not battle royale)

I guess basically Halo but not Halo because we've played the hell out of it already
Titanfall 2? The Battlefields?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wondering, I have a 1 month (non stackable) Game Pass Ultimate, can I get 6month Gold and it keeps being ultimate or do I need to let expire this Ultimate month, get gold then convert it for 1€?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

You have to let it expire first. If you add Gold time to an active GP sub it converts it at like 3:1 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Not gonna lie I'm insanely hype for this one. Just looks like it's gonna be (for me) the perfect wish fulfillment game.