Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBvCX0U4ts

nL posted a best of 2022 and i'll just say, definitely do not watch the first minute of the video around non-hog dippers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

2022 was a tremendous year for nL content

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently he was because now he has a girlfriend who will go with him to PWG instead of putting up cursed Beatles posters in his office!

What's the story behind Dave's wife's curse Beatles poster? It sounds so stupid, but with it being in that office....

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

I don't understand getting divorced in your 60s. It's almost over anyway and it's not like you're missing out on anything.

what decade are you living in where being in your 60s means "its almost over anyway"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dave is 10 years away from the current average male life expectancy in the u.s., which is how that works. and it has been falling since 2019. by 2025 his life expectancy will be 67

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

dave is 10 years away from the current average male life expectancy in the u.s., which is how that works. and it has been falling since 2019. by 2025 his life expectancy will be 67

Actually that's now how that works at all but I can't tell if :thejoke: with you or not.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maigius posted:

What's the story behind Dave's wife's curse Beatles poster? It sounds so stupid, but with it being in that office....

During an episode of WOR years ago Dave noticed a Beatles poster had been hung up in his office and wondered how it got there and surmised his wife must have done it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

doesn't matter if someone is 95 years old it's rad if they find someone that makes them happy and get their second wind

just waiting to die because your relationship failed later in life is a really depressing outlook to have

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

doesn't matter if someone is 95 years old it's rad if they find someone that makes them happy and get their second wind

just waiting to die because your relationship failed later in life is a really depressing outlook to have

Actually that's now how that works at all but I can't tell if :thejoke: with you or not.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I have always hated “Sweet Caroline” but from now on, I won’t be able to hear it and not chuckle. Granny is the loving BEST and doesn’t even have to try.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

depends on the day, really

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
has dave given up on bte or did he just get tired of asking bryan if hed watched it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
you know i think this episode of nitro the boys reviewed should have been a SGH. i guess i wasn't paying attention and assumed all the wedding bits were taking place in a church instead of the ring/arena so i'm really glad i looked up clips of it because holy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T3FnudtTHI

i thought mike awesome and jarrett pulled up to the church to fight, so the pan from david to mike awesome and his stupid bus and then getting jumped by jarrett is even more hilarious seeing it. i just wish it had all the white boys coming out to attack awesome

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 16, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what a surreal image

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wrestling Observer put up a bunch of old Jerry Jarrett audio for free, it's always wild going back to like 2010 and hearing Bryan's voice before he improved his audio setup, and you've got Kermit the Frog interviewing wrestling people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jay White burying Semp. Love to hear it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That was the best non-Eddie part

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Alaois posted:

what a surreal image

It's real funny how much Johnny has been on GB related content lately but it def makes sense Dan would be into the guys who do stupid wrestling video game goofs for the last 10+ years.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave's bio for Jerry Jarrett is great including a break down of a wild fight in the 70's that had someone losing an eye

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave's bio for Jerry Jarrett is great including a break down of a wild fight in the 70's that had someone losing an eye

Does it involve Meng?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1626732837503381504?s=46&t=H8Zw1IXoWunEryXNqdcutw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Imagine being a Vince stan and yet you decide to call Tony 'Tony Con.'

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Dawgstar posted:

Imagine being a Vince stan and yet you decide to call Tony 'Tony Con.'

What's the con supposed to be, anyway?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El Generico posted:

What's the con supposed to be, anyway?

He's building up positive associations by giving wrestling fans great shows at a very reasonable price, all as part of a scheme to make his promotion successful. Disgraceful stuff.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Thread title

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

He's building up positive associations by giving wrestling fans great shows at a very reasonable price, all as part of a scheme to make his promotion successful. Disgraceful stuff.

Absolute monster who needs taking down

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Observer this brother posted:

Lou Sahadi, a writer and publisher of wrestling magazines in the 60s and 70s as well as magazines on many other sports, passed away on 2/15 at the age of 92. He was the father of David Sahadi, who worked in production for both WWE and TNA for the last few decades. He was a member of the University of Pittsburgh journalism Hall of Fame...His article on Phil Rizzuto in 1993 is often credited with getting Rizzuto in the baseball Hall of Fame.

oh that sounds pretty interesting, lemme go try and find that rizzuto article.

:dogstare::staredog:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lmao Dersh has always been a freaky little nonce

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I suggest listening to the Rocky interview on WOR as it's pretty good and covers his current feud with Volador, New Japan stuff and other fun topics

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Do we know if Stanford is recording these lectures that Dave gives?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
all the people who don't value Dave's opinion are very mad that he went to the New Japan show in his hometown instead of watching Elimination Chamber, and wasn't able to give his opinion on his podcast.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

all the people who don't value Dave's opinion are very mad that he went to the New Japan show in his hometown instead of watching Elimination Chamber, and wasn't able to give his opinion on his podcast.

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Pretty dumb of him to want to see Okada in person when he could have seen another plodding Roman Reigns match on tv.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
All timer of a Bryan rant on the Bryan and Vinny show about not putting the belt on Sami.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he was wrong about mfj and he's wrong about Sami

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Bryan's absolutely missing the point, that it looks more impressive that Cody snaps the 900 day Roman reign vs beating Sami at Mania.

I mean, Sami absolutely should have won ultimately, but this way they can long term crow about Cody ending Roman's 1000+ day title reign, making him seem like an even bigger deal.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

deadlock patreon segment is good, the 5 self referencing names were quite good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Catching up on WOR. I popped huge for Dave clarifying Finlay didn't actually kill Jay with a shillelagh shot :allears:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/rohangandotra9/status/1627595913018609664?s=46&t=RMcc_d_iKEmUNLQxI4tCVw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Luckily he clarified