Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kesper North posted:

now i want jorts to be in star trek

Make Brent Spiner do scenes with him :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

There was that episode where Picard and Crusher had the mind implants that made them telepathically linked. Probably hard to hide a love child with that circumstance.

Not that Picard Season 3 wouldn't just do it anyway.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
If having space elves didn't rejig the franchise then hear me out. Space gollum.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

I gave Picard season 3 a chance with ep1, regret doing so

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. Mercury posted:

I gave Picard season 3 a chance with ep1, regret doing so

That's how they get you.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I would like picard more if they cancelled it and put the entire budget into lower decks

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
But TNG had a rough first season :smuggo:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I learned after Picard season one. I didn't give season 2 a chance. It's worse than Discovery to me, because I don't give a poo poo what you do to the characters in Discovery.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

blatman posted:

I would like picard more if they cancelled it and put the entire budget into lower decks

:hmmyes:

CainFortea posted:

That's how they get you.

Nah I'm out, not a single one of the characters share similarities with their original counterparts it's amazing

The only thing that's consistent is the actors cast, and nothing else! Nothing!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Riker is still Riker, if nothing else because Frakes just plays himself.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

HD DAD posted:

Riker is still Riker, if nothing else because Frakes just plays himself.

*survival instinct takes over as the cast dash their hands to their ears, a look of pain and consternation already crossing their faces*

jonathan frakes: RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

*worf spontaneously bleeds from the ears. a child on the "everybody loves raymond" set next door starts to cry*

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i can't even remember her name at the moment. for some reason i want to say "jorti" but i'm high and that seems too funny to be it

Jorti La Forge

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm 90% sure that in TNG on Captains Holiday they reused the statue from Worfs quarters when Picard original arrives on Risa. This makes me think that Worf totally bought a statue of two klingons loving and didn't realize it

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, this is par for the course for both Picard and Janeway. Picard got a guy who'd been washed out of Starfleet for over a decade and living in a space RV in a drunken haze for most that time a job as the captain of the most advanced ship in the fleet, seemingly against the dude's will on his word alone. Janeway got a bunch of kids who stole an advanced prototype starship and were an accessory to the deaths of thousands and the destruction of dozens, possibly hundreds of Starfleet vessels advanced placement in Starfleet Academy as warrant officers, also on her word alone. Having them both show up in a room at the same time and go "Hire this woman" is the Starfleet equivalent to Literally God showing up and telling you to do something. And you don't ask the Almighty for his ID.

Yeah well when any other captain gets a tv show maybe they'll have the same amount of influence as Picard and Janeway :colbert:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
A Seven of Nine series with her as a Captain could be good.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I say do a show with Ashley Judd as Robin. She has to go find her one true love, Wesley Crusher.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah well when any other captain gets a tv show maybe they'll have the same amount of influence as Picard and Janeway :colbert:

Man, even in the Federation loving TV and movie stars have outsided pull...

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hollismason posted:

best we can do is a Section 31 show with Malcolm Reed

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Lord of Pie posted:

best we can do is a Section 31 show with Malcolm Reed

Pair him up with secretly-alive Trip Tucker and you got yourself a fan.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Seven roaming the bridge, picking up members of the crew by their collars and tossing them away from their stations as needed because she can do all of their jobs more effectively than they can

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

And Robert Picardo as her Emergency Number One Hologram :kiddo:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

davidspackage posted:

And Robert Picardo as her Emergency Number One Hologram :kiddo:

Only if he makes That Face at least once per season

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

HD DAD posted:

Pair him up with his life partner was-dead-but-got-better MACO leader and you got yourself a fan.
FTFY. Best chemistry ever on Enterprise.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Only if he makes That Face at least once per season

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jfc that poo poo makes me laugh every single time

I can't believe there's even a sequel!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
That picture is such a mid 2000s SA staple, it's like our own stupid version of goatse.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

How do you manage to piss off a man so much with one sentence that he commits your face to memory and is able to pick you out of a crowd and scowl at you from across the room years later?

Goons really are special people.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That face too, but I was thinking of the "You became sexually aroused in my body" gif one

Edit: Also when he does the face in your pic, he does it right at the camera.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

lmao this never gets old

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

External Organs posted:

That picture is such a mid 2000s SA staple, it's like our own stupid version of goatse.

I’m glad my complete lack of social graces added to the SA canon

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

SilvergunSuperman posted:

What's the story here? Not sure how but I've missed it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Endless Trash posted:

I’m glad my complete lack of social graces added to the SA canon

Seriously, you made a lifelong enemy out of Robert Picardo, the nicest man in Hollywood. What the gently caress is/was wrong with you?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mr. Mercury posted:

What's the story here? Not sure how but I've missed it

Comic Con 2008, I stood in the long line to meet Robert Picardo for $40. While I waited I tried to think of what I was gonna say to him. Had to think of something FUNNY and FLATTERING.

Got to the front of the line, gave his handler the $40 and said “Hey Mr. Picardo! You’re really amazing, like, you salvaged Voyager in my opinion!”

His response began with a sigh, which wasn’t a good sign. “Well…I’ll be sure not to tell that to my cast mates.”

The fact that I clearly insulted him hadn’t fully washed over me yet so I just took a picture of his pissed off face lol

I think after that he told me to watch Stargate Atlantis and I ended the conversation with the lie that I would definitely check it out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I feel like I've had my own little celebrity encounter here. I finally met the guy behind picardo_death_stare.jpg and picardo_death_stare(2).jpg.

I'm not really impressed, I gotta say.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Years later the Master taught me how to do it correctly

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Endless Trash posted:

Years later the Master taught me how to do it correctly

that dalek looks so uncomfortable

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tighclops posted:

that dalek looks so uncomfortable

I mean, it's right next to the Doctor.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dabir posted:

I mean, it's right next to the Doctor.

:golfclap:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
"i wonder if he ever watched stargate atlantis"
                                    /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Endless Trash posted:

Comic Con 2008, I stood in the long line to meet Robert Picardo for $40. While I waited I tried to think of what I was gonna say to him. Had to think of something FUNNY and FLATTERING.

Got to the front of the line, gave his handler the $40 and said “Hey Mr. Picardo! You’re really amazing, like, you salvaged Voyager in my opinion!”

His response began with a sigh, which wasn’t a good sign. “Well…I’ll be sure not to tell that to my cast mates.”

The fact that I clearly insulted him hadn’t fully washed over me yet so I just took a picture of his pissed off face lol

I think after that he told me to watch Stargate Atlantis and I ended the conversation with the lie that I would definitely check it out.

You should track him down at another con to profusely apologize, but then inadvertently insult him again.

Also get him to autograph that photo.