Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
shaking off this square world rn, kicksville incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
WHERE'S THE GANG NOW?!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The fmj seems like super necessary if your using your dynavap with a flame because it would hold heat and be so much easier to heat.. but seems completely unnecessary with an induction heater like an ispire.

Also same to whoever said caps wear out? That must be a flame thing? My cap is a little off but I've had it for years now and I don't smoke every day so ymmv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wendigee posted:

The fmj seems like super necessary if your using your dynavap with a flame because it would hold heat and be so much easier to heat.. but seems completely unnecessary with an induction heater like an ispire.

Also same to whoever said caps wear out? That must be a flame thing? My cap is a little off but I've had it for years now and I don't smoke every day so ymmv

It's a flame thing, people say the snapper part cracks and stops snapping after a while.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wendigee posted:

FMJ keeps the bowl temp up for longer even with an induction heater. Still worth it.

It's possible to bust a cap. You're literally heat cycling it over and over again. Metal fatigue in the click thermostat is possible.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man I never have a sleep like after a solid edible

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

It's possible to bust a cap. You're literally heat cycling it over and over again. Metal fatigue in the click thermostat is possible.
sure, just seems way less likely with induction heater... to be honest i hosed around with my dynavap with a torch for a few months before putting it away as fidgity, and my cap does show a little warping probably from too high a heat, but i've been using the same cap since switching to induction.

Maybe im soft on it... i have the bowl at minimum size with a spacer to keep the screen from going deeper and heat to 250, i haven't notice improvement going past that temp and its such a small amount... pretty much done in one with a second pretty weak heat. still gets me high as gently caress a few times a week and multiple times on vaping days...

if only the ispire would fit like 5 hits in a dugout sized battery with compartment for the dynavap

gently caress thats a million dollar idea right there im sure someone has considered get on it please and thank you

sell that poo poo for like 50 bucks with a 15 hit battery (for life of battery and casual sharing with friends) that holds the dynavap and a little weed dugout like you imagine and bam.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 19, 2023

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Wendigee posted:

sure, just seems way less likely with induction heater... to be honest i hosed around with my dynavap with a torch for a few months before putting it away as fidgity, and my cap does show a little warping probably from too high a heat, but i've been using the same cap since switching to induction.

Maybe im soft on it... i have the bowl at minimum size with a spacer to keep the screen from going deeper and heat to 250, i haven't notice improvement going past that temp and its such a small amount... pretty much done in one with a second pretty weak heat. still gets me high as gently caress a few times a week and multiple times on vaping days...

if only the ispire would fit like 5 hits in a dugout sized battery with compartment for the dynavap

gently caress thats a million dollar idea right there im sure someone has considered get on it please and thank you

sell that poo poo for like 50 bucks with a 15 hit battery (for life of battery and casual sharing with friends) that holds the dynavap and a little weed dugout like you imagine and bam.

Huh. That can't be that hard. I'm gonna mull this one over.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Spaghett posted:

Huh. That can't be that hard. I'm gonna mull this one over.

millions of dollars.. send me a link if you need a beta tester :3

I love my iSpire and maybe it just needs that size for all the goodies, but like half seems to be battery so...

I also don't only need to recharge it every 2 weeks so like... yeah make a smaller take out version already how have they not thought of this? this is why i figure its not easily doable with current parts.

edit: half giant batteries.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 19, 2023

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I've thrown away 3 or so caps in the few years I've been using a dynavap because after a while they stop clicking, or stop clicking reliably at the right temp. I definitely get better mileage since switching to IH. Zoning out and overtorching seems to kill them faster

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Those are 18650s?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Those are 18650s?

They are, sorry for the lack of details.

They are the name brand ones that i bought/came with the device.

aspire 2900mAh
INR 18650 3.7v LION

edit: if it matters, the discharge rate on each is 20A which seems pretty crazy... maybe they do need to be this big.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
No problem, just wondering.

And yeah, dual 18650 mods for nicotine vaping are made to put out in the area of 200 watts, so it’s not an insignificant amount of power.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

How do you guys get the last bit out of vape carts, or just not bother?

I was thinking maybe dunk em with the caps off in hot water then let it evaporate.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Just got some FECO

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

SilvergunSuperman posted:

How do you guys get the last bit out of vape carts, or just not bother?

I was thinking maybe dunk em with the caps off in hot water then let it evaporate.

The last bits are nasty and life’s too short for that. Plus most carts I see now are the press-together kind you can’t open without smashing.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Janitor_X/status/1627483752875057152?s=20

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm getting a headache just looking at that bag. What a time to be alive where we can deepfake anyone into saying they like rear end.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lmao, also, those look like pube clippings.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
They found the Cheech and Chong grass

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I want to make one of those thick stems into a pipe

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Y'all saying that looks like poo poo weed but I'm still not convinced it is weed at all.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

i need to take a break. i took 2 10mg pieces of chocolate that used to get me good but i didn’t even get high. unfortunately i also recently discovered that la confidential is the exact relaxing high i need to de stress.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

my dude, have you tried Nano Emulsified THC?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jesus christ lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ok what do I need to do that I'm too old

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Either ai is even better than I thought and they fed some speeches from Biden into a bot and asked it to say that or they are really good at editing audio files.

I'm going to guess the former.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
37 states have a medical cannabis program

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Wendigee posted:

Either ai is even better than I thought and they fed some speeches from Biden into a bot and asked it to say that or they are really good at editing audio files.

I'm going to guess the former.

Oh it’s AI for sure. I will probably end up on TikTok tonight, I’ll post any I find. They are great

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

they must have raided an old cheech and chong film set

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/?????????????

Hope this works, had some Peanut Butter Gorilla Puff and am staying in this couch :colbert:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
why the gently caress cant i ever get tiktok embeds to work god drat

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRnRTTuq/

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Jesus christ

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Biden AI voice weed packs is good

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRnRogWx/

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Where is trump talking about all the brick weed he smoked lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I googled, but as everyone knows google is pretty lovely these days.

Seems all the matches are ads or outright scams... i guess you need some decent hardware and knowledge, or access to such to actually generate these things?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wendigee posted:

Seems all the matches are ads or outright scams... i guess you need some decent hardware and knowledge, or access to such to actually generate these things?

It looks like there's some you can pay for, eh just another thing I'm not quite hip enough to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wendigee posted:

https://beta.elevenlabs.io/speech-synthesis

This is as far as I know the only speech synthesis AI worth a drat and it's the one that those biden weed quotes are made with. You can mess around with it for free, but creating custom voices by uploading clips of actual speech costs money