Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Blasmeister posted:

Well done, 47

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Watch it be revealed later that Robot sabotaged the chip because she wasn't advancing quickly enough to her true form.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Watch it be revealed later that Robot sabotaged the chip because she wasn't advancing quickly enough to her true form.

Yeah, that's my guess.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Possibly the best page in years.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfKb5winmc

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
alright, gotta hand it to Tom on this one :lmao:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Holy poo poo some on screen plot

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
if this was all leading up to a "curiosity killed the Kat" pun I'd respect it

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

YaketySass posted:

if this was all leading up to a "curiosity killed the Kat" pun I'd respect it

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe that Kat is loving dead

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
"Got 'em"-Paz

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ditocoaf posted:

I can't believe that Kat is loving dead

She's not dead, this is just the setup to get her a robot body.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I have no faith it'll go anyway, but fair dues. That was pretty good.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Honestly my faith in the comic got a little restored.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

lmao

I think maybe just the magnet exploded, not her brainstem

Agreed. Her hand holding the magnet is being pushed away empty. If her neck had exploded, the magnet would have going flying in the same direction as her hand.

Probably this is supposed to be a reveal that her new chip is TOO POWERFUL and will have consequences...

Still doesn't explain a thing about the weird glances Annie and Paz were throwing each other.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wait are we seriously getting paraplagic Kat Arc?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Annointed posted:

Wait are we seriously getting paraplagic Kat Arc?

It could be anything from goofy moment to Kat dead to anything in between, no way of knowing yet!

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
At this point of the story I could genuinely see it as her body died but her mind now lives on in her server, no guys, it's fine, really, she didn't realize how much a physical body was holding her back!

edit: And then she connects to Omega and says, hey, let's use this to see what is the deal with Zimmy, maybe I'll see why she was so sca- oh she dropped dead, whoops?

After going on a snooping marathon on everything the Court has archived, of course!

isasphere fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 20, 2023

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Don't worry guys, Kat'll be fine. She'll say "Oops," pick up an identical backup device she had this entire time just offscreen, twiddle with it a bit, and everything will go off without a hitch. This was just padding, and Nothing will continue to Happen.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

isasphere posted:

At this point of the story I could genuinely see it as her body died but her mind now lives on in her server, no guys, it's fine, really, she didn't realize how much a physical body was holding her back!

I mean. We've already seen robot AIs being put into nearly-human bodies in this comic. If Kat somehow did get pulped, she could regrow herself a new one in short order, probably. I doubt she died, though.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

She turned herself into a pickle, Annie!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
some manner of vegetable, at any rate

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Yeah it's probably just that the device in her hand exploded but lol at the framing of the past two pages. A Good Page.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Just imagine the hatred Paz is going to project onto Annie if Kat really is dead lol. Annie's face'll melt away like that guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark when Paz turns it on her.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I feel like that isn't going to happen (Kat dying, especially in such an abrupt manner) but it sure would be loving amazing to have two chapters in a row of Annie being blamed for irrational poo poo that has nothing to do with her lmao

Also I hate to say it after a Good Page but there was no subterfuge of the chip not being put in, huh? "Paz is crying a single Dramatic Tear, and in the very next page, smiling at Annie for doing a good job with the surgery, when she can't even see anything past the giant plaster on Kat's neck" was indeed just meant to be taken at face value?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I can't believe that Kat is loving Dead (TM).

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Inglonias posted:

I can't believe that Kat is loving Dead (TM).

Rest In Pieces, Kat

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rip in pepperoni

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Whatever winds up happening, I really hope tomorrow's page isn't just a filler page of Annie and Paz reacting to what happened.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

CodfishCartographer posted:

Whatever winds up happening, I really hope tomorrow's page isn't just a filler page of Annie and Paz reacting to what happened.

"wow Paz I'd never seen brain splatter before"

"I have"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Paz sighs. "Just like the rabbits. Well, back to the drawing board."

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

"Oh, Annie, didn't you know? This is Kat Clone #53, she backed herself up to a computer ages ago. I was sad earlier because it hurts to keep seeing these robot clones think they're the original human and attempt fatal modifications to themselves. I'm glad she had you do the dirty work this time."

-- really stupid but it technically explains Paz's behavior AND fits the pattern of Annie being several steps behind in the plot and just hearing about it afterwards.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
So uh...do we have any neurosurgeons here? I mean, depending on where in the spine that thing was placed, it might just have a "locked in" state of paralysis.

...has Kat ever made a Brain To Machine Interface yet? I mean, that sounds like the origin of accidentally creating SHODAN-Kat.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Kat is summoning her robot goddess persona.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
Am I the only one that immediately read that as a Yamcha death pose?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Well, that appears to have gone quite poorly.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Maybe don't start wildly cutting stuff around the traumatic spine injury.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
She's going to need a new body and Robot will be all "I have just the thing"

First time I've unironically enjoyed the comic in a while!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Calling it now, Annie has the scalpel at Kat's nape when Robot grabs her wrist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Splicer posted:

Maybe don't start wildly cutting stuff around the traumatic spine injury.

Anni is an expert, I trust her.