Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hopefully the whole thing will shake out just bringing more attention to this cool game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Hopefully the whole thing will shake out just bringing more attention to this cool game.

Obviously an extremely small sample but in some of the news comments I’ve seen a lot of “drat, never heard about this game and now I’m pissed I can’t buy it immediately” so maybe a good from the bad, yeah.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The dickhead Streisand effected our wierd but fun commie game

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I can only hope that they can sue for actual damages

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Obviously an extremely small sample but in some of the news comments I’ve seen a lot of “drat, never heard about this game and now I’m pissed I can’t buy it immediately” so maybe a good from the bad, yeah.
I saw one person say, "sounds like a more serious version of tropico."

boy are they in for a ride

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Wolfy posted:

I saw one person say, "sounds like a more serious version of tropico."

boy are they in for a ride

This is very technically true but tropico just makes the numbers fairly easy but obfuscates how to improve logistics and things heavily. I swear it has a fairly deep production and logistics system just without enough clarity and knobs to play with it.

I agree with you though lol. That said, the Tropico series was probably one of my most consistently played games before I sunk my game-life into this, so maybe he’ll find the same spark.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I don't think there's anything incorrect with the comparison to tropico, just that learning W&R is like hitting a brick wall, repeatedly.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Workers and Resources is Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe Tropico.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Tropico 1 was the best tropico. Nothing after it captured that je ne sais quoi

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Tropico 1 was the best tropico. Nothing after it captured that je ne sais quoi

:same:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
This is the first time I've experimented with a gas power plant, and I can't get the oil to flow from the storage tank into it. Surely I don't need to put a pump between them? They're right next to each other, and the tank is slightly up a hill.

E: And the tank has power too.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Pharnakes posted:

This is the first time I've experimented with a gas power plant, and I can't get the oil to flow from the storage tank into it. Surely I don't need to put a pump between them? They're right next to each other, and the tank is slightly up a hill.

E: And the tank has power too.

I haven't used a gas power plant before but as a general rule, you only need pumps between storages, not between storages and production or consumption facilities.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

There’s an odd behavior if you don’t use a pump. A pump pushes oil into the input storage and fills it up. I think, but could be wrong, if you don’t have a pump what will happen is the power plant will “pull” oil from the storage. It’ll never fill up and always appear to be empty, because it only ever pulls what it immediately uses.

Also make sure you’re using oil and not fuel.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Right, liquid like oil will simply equalize between storages without pumping, whereas pumps will drain via pull from sources, and push to all storages. You probably do want to have a pump into the power plant unless you'll consistently have full tanks; I usually set up my oil fields by using a pump with priority to serve oil to the plant first, then to general storage when that's full. I may have one storage with the plant as an extended buffer, but I generally have more pumping than the power plant can process so it's usually fine.

I don't think height matters for oil/fuel/etc, unless that's changed and I didn't realize.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Does it require water?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is the same behaviour for aggregate storage connected to coal plants, if you just connect the directly then the storage will fill and the plant will draw from it as needed, but it won't actively push to the plant storage. If you put a conveyor tower between them it will pull from the aggregate and push it to fill the plant storage.

Except, I think if you unload trucks directly at the aggregate storage, it might actually then push some of that into the plant as well. But yeah generally if you don't use a "pump-like" object to connect extra storage to a factory that uses the resource, it won't actively fill the factory from the storage, but the factory can still run using those resources.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Presumably the only issue with not having a pump between your oil storage and your power plant is you lose that buffer storage inside the plant. Nothing bad happens until there's some interruption to the oil supply - say there's a fire at a pump station further upstream at the same time a train is filling up on oil, and then the tank runs out and you might have a power outage.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah there isn't an issue with it that I am aware of, it just basically turns the external storage into the storage for the plant.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So the guy who request the game be removed from Steam posted an update today.

quote:

Thank you 3DIVISION for doing what you agreed to do months ago. I am glad you understand you would have avoided all the suffering you caused the community.

I want to thank the people at Valve for reviewing this matter and for their due diligence.

And I especially want to thank your lawyers for stepping in and bringing their professionalism to this matter. Their work on your behalf helped resolve this issue.

To all my fans: look for my name in the next game update!

3DIVISION will be issuing a retraction on their inaccurate game update shortly.

To all my sister and brother content creators: thank you for all your support and encouragement these past weeks.

I hereby give my consent for the the store page to be reactivated.

My apologies for posting this so late, I just came back from an 8 day cruise.

So it sounds like the game may be coming back to Steam. I doubt we'll ever know the full story but the guy seems like a total tool.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

What a loving chud.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That person has to be a troll. That ‘update’ triggers every rage button I have.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hopefully he is credited as "useless rear end in a top hat"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Genuinely do not understand how this has possibly gone on for so long.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

SettingSun posted:

That person has to be a troll. That ‘update’ triggers every rage button I have.

It's truly amazing how true this is for me too. I don't know how people get like this.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Hopefully someone drowns him in nuisance suits by claiming intellectual ownership of his car

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Hopefully someone drowns him in nuisance suits by claiming intellectual ownership of his car

"You wouldn't claim infringement on copyright to a car..."

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Honestly as quickly as it was apparently resolved I’m surprised it didn’t last longer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gonna downvote spam every mod they have in the workshop to make myself feel better.

Weird that it sounds like a complete capitulation by 3division but maybe they decided it was easier/cheaper to put the moron's name in the credits. Lotta lawyer speak coming at them from a country on the other side of the planet.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

That feels a lot like 3Division just didn't have the money/access to fight him in an American court and took the path of least resistance.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I wonder also if the DMCA just expired today and he's getting out ahead of it?

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

That would be nice. We'll see if there's any update from 3Division. Do DMCAs even expire, though? I don't know anything about that.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I read speculation along these lines and it's the version of events I choose to believe.

Log082 posted:

That would be nice. We'll see if there's any update from 3Division. Do DMCAs even expire, though? I don't know anything about that.

Party A files DMCA.
Valve removes store page.
Party B files counter-claim.
Party A has <period of time> in order to file a lawsuit, or the DMCA claim is removed.

IANAL but that's what I understand the process to be?

Griz
May 21, 2001

Log082 posted:

iirc they have 2 weeks after the takedown to follow up with a proper lawsuit, otherwise the content goes back up

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He's probably blowing hot air but I guess we will see if they put his name in the credits and if they post a "retraction" of their previous post.

My guess is they just went the path of least resistance to get their game back on the Steam store. Hopefully the guy didn't actually get paid anything.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Until the devs put out an update and the game is actually reinstated to the store, the guy is just exploiting being the first to say something, true or otherwise.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Watch this guy just be lying about coming to an agreement with 3D, posts that they totally agreed to put him in the credits guys. Game store page goes live again tomorrow, it's clear they didn't put his name in the credits, he DMCA's again.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Hmmm... it just struck me that what he's been wishing for and will now get, is to have his name in the credits. As in his actual real legal and identifiable name. Making it guaranteed that every search engine for all time will connect him to his bullshit.

He doxxed himself.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Hmmm... it just struck me that what he's been wishing for and will now get, is to have his name in the credits. As in his actual real legal and identifiable name. Making it guaranteed that every search engine for all time will connect him to his bullshit.

He doxxed himself.

Not necessarily, he could just get his handle put it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

He doxxed himself.

You should look at his Steam profile.

What sane person lists their full loving name and city in their profile, I have no idea. Then again, what sane person DMCA's a game because he thinks he owns it for writing a tutorial...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully the credits have a "special thanks" section and a "no thanks" section with only his name in it.