Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/ThePopTingz/status/1627305424348233730?t=cJ24FhGThIp4zKqNgFI68g&s=19

"Eating like poo poo, not exercising and exposure to pollution gives you a bigger hog" is how humanity dies

Ha, jokes on you, I am older than 30.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
None of that cures my artillery shot blast wave sleep farts though

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

swickles posted:

Snoring is really only an issue if you have a partner who is bothered by it or if you also have sleep apnea. Weight loss can help with both, and now you can wear a special monitor to diagnose you with sleep apnea (rather than doing a full sleep study in a lab). That will help cover the cost of CPAP for insurance. Or if you don't have apnea and its bugging your partner, try rolling on your side, lol. Something simple like that can work wonders if you can tolerate it.

Also the difference between how much/loudly I snore is about 90% linked to how much I've had to drink. May God have mercy on anyone sharing an airbnb with me after a wedding or something

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

So claim, I don't really snore unless I've been drinking. I was on a cruise with some girlfriends and the poolside bar had a boozy popsicle that came with a Topo Chico hard seltzer. Well, apparently the bubbles got me pretty tipsy so we went back to the room to nap and buddy I was sawing logs, or so I'm told.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/ThePopTingz/status/1627305424348233730?t=cJ24FhGThIp4zKqNgFI68g&s=19

"Eating like poo poo, not exercising and exposure to pollution gives you a bigger hog" is how humanity dies

Finally a benefit to me being a fat slob who lives in filth!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
one week post super bowl, nba all star break. this feels like the most sports-less night of the year. not even hockey on just before 9pm.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
English Premier League just getting into the second half push now, it's on Peacock. Also Champions League games tomorrow & weds on Paramount +.

$10/mo for the two of those and you get a ton of good sport while the pre-NBA-finals doldrums are here.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Wow yeah sugar and chocolate could not have gotten a bigger PR boost if they tried

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Watching O Brother Where Art Thou. This is one of those movies that you should watch like once a year

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

swickles posted:

Watching O Brother Where Art Thou. This is one of those movies that you should watch like once a year

if you liked columbo, give poker face a shot, latest episode had delmar playing a role

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

Functional evolution. We get fatter so we need bigger penises lol.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

look what happens when you try to like certain tweets that are critical of tesla lol

I wonder how widespread this is/is going to become

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

20 Blunts posted:

one week post super bowl, nba all star break. this feels like the most sports-less night of the year. not even hockey on just before 9pm.

We’re getting right into the best part of college basketball. Conference tournaments start in a couple weeks then March madness.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I retweeted and liked and nothing happened...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

I retweeted and liked and nothing happened...

What I posted was a screenshot of myself doing it so :shrug: Dunno what the difference would be

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
lol yeah, that flag came up for me too

EDIT: tested it on a few other tweets, it never came up again.

Anyways:

https://twitter.com/StrewthQueen/status/1627694408631189504

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 21, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Looks like it's actually related to china daily, not tesla. Well it was funny for a second there

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thank you for the teeth guard reccs I'll check em out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In sometime in like November, my fiancee got really sick (seemed like COVID but she tested negative a bunch, maybe RSV, who knows), but after she recovered, she developed a really bad snore afterward. It's happening every night, and yeah it's driving me crazy :(

At least in positive news, we accepted an offer to sell our condo :toot: so that'll be nice to not have to pay 2 mortgages, plus getting the money back from that too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Happy Mardi Gras! I’m going to work for my monthly meeting with the boss. God I wish we celebrated in Illinois.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:stare:

https://twitter.com/artemtepler/status/1627845363901288452?s=46&t=xwELZphtdWEMtbW3ZOabvg

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

20 Blunts posted:

Someone's sleeping on the Scotties tournament of hearts.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lol

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1627806151453691905?t=np8DT1h0HALaJfg9r6Pwtw&s=19

T-Square
May 14, 2009

swickles posted:

I watched this during the depths of my two week Covid stint when I was very sad and it made me very happy for a couple of hours.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My agency just announced additional longevity raises “for retention,” adding two additional annual bumps for employees below 5yr employment. Originally longevity raises were given at 1/3/5, and will now be given 1-5.

I asked if more senior employees would be given these additional raises retroactively and they told us to pound sand basically.

I’ve wondered a lot about what they’re thinking but honestly at this point the only explanation is that turnover suppresses wages, and they have no concerns weeding out experienced providers by biasing wage increases against them.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

He's apparently doing some sort of secret tour because he was in the Chicago suburbs a day or two ago, but it was put together by the Chicago FOP. Only FOP members were supposed to know about, but of course the location leaked. Didn't hear any details on what was said though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

English Premier League just getting into the second half push now, it's on Peacock. Also Champions League games tomorrow & weds on Paramount +.

$10/mo for the two of those and you get a ton of good sport while the pre-NBA-finals doldrums are here.

I went and saw Chelsea when I was in London a few months back so now I'm a huge fan

Anyway how are they doing this year? Worth watching?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

He's apparently doing some sort of secret tour because he was in the Chicago suburbs a day or two ago, but it was put together by the Chicago FOP. Only FOP members were supposed to know about, but of course the location leaked. Didn't hear any details on what was said though.

This one wasn't a secret, people were talking about his New York trip last week, which is why this is so funny.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

My agency just announced additional longevity raises “for retention,” adding two additional annual bumps for employees below 5yr employment. Originally longevity raises were given at 1/3/5, and will now be given 1-5.

I asked if more senior employees would be given these additional raises retroactively and they told us to pound sand basically.

I’ve wondered a lot about what they’re thinking but honestly at this point the only explanation is that turnover suppresses wages, and they have no concerns weeding out experienced providers by biasing wage increases against them.

One of the grains of sand that eventually piled up and got my wife to leave the first hospital she worked at for 10 or 11 years was increasing wages for new hires with no consideration for experienced RT's. Someone we're still friends with got hired as a new grad 6 years after my wife started and was within $1/hour of her.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Joey Freshwater posted:

I went and saw Chelsea when I was in London a few months back so now I'm a huge fan

Anyway how are they doing this year? Worth watching?

They spent a shitton of money for new players in the January transfer window and currently sit in 10th place, 23 points below the league leaders. So, uh, not been a good season for them.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

“You stuck around through all of our other bullshit so we’re betting enough of you will keep licking boot that we don’t have to worry about it”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Torpedoing Florida with every single gross and embarrassing action all to get recognition as the anti woke tough guy or whatever the gently caress stupid rear end persona he thinks will beat trump and that’s his result lmao get hosed you absolute idiot

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

They spent a shitton of money for new players in the January transfer window and currently sit in 10th place, 23 points below the league leaders. So, uh, not been a good season for them.

Ah well nuts

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Im pretty sure DeSantis is the Scott Walker of the next cycle, but they might put a little more effort into pushing him as the main guy instead of the dozen car clown show we got in 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bobjr posted:

Im pretty sure DeSantis is the Scott Walker of the next cycle, but they might put a little more effort into pushing him as the main guy instead of the dozen car clown show we got in 2016

Nah he’s gonna be the 2016 Ted Cruz who was able to marshal enough of the lunatic vote to hang around and continually be humiliated.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

DeSantis peaked last year. I think Trump's closest challenger will be some name we haven't heard yet.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

“You stuck around through all of our other bullshit so we’re betting enough of you will keep licking boot that we don’t have to worry about it”

Pretty much. It’s ok though, my slow motion exit is in progress.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

One of the grains of sand that eventually piled up and got my wife to leave the first hospital she worked at for 10 or 11 years was increasing wages for new hires with no consideration for experienced RT's. Someone we're still friends with got hired as a new grad 6 years after my wife started and was within $1/hour of her.

Travel contract salaries too. gently caress healthcare.

It’s funny too because our problems are glaringly obvious with established remedies, yet incrementalism and tangled bureaucracy has made it completely unworkable. Local government, baby!

Accepting that the goal isn’t to actually provide top notch medical services has been really difficult, as naive as that sounds (and as cynically as I present myself).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

DeSantis peaked last year. I think Trump's closest challenger will be some name we haven't heard yet.

Abbott is apparently exploring a run and I'm not looking forward to Trump calling him a cripple over and over tbh

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1627878095280656386

woke culture is ruining street fighter!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I am perfectly ok with an Irish Cammy thank you.