Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Hey goons! Good to see punchsports are still alive and well on the SF forums. I learned basically everything I know about MMA watching totally legal streams and reading on these forums. Then college happened, and the UFC watered down their product, and I unplugged

But hey, I bought tickets to see the GOAT, Mighty Mouse, fight in Denver for my first full fledged vacation. Any goons hitting up ONE with me?

P.S. is it cool and acceptable to think DJ is still the best?

Welcome back, dude. DJ still rules and is canonically the best again after murdering the poo poo out of Adriano Moraes, so no, that's perfectly acceptable.

I'll tell you all what's not acceptable, though: Heavyweight.
https://twitter.com/AndyHickeyMMA/status/1627443569802838018
When you consider that Stipe hasn't fought in 2+ years and is one foot out the door, Aspinall only just started sparring again, Jon Jones is almost certainly giving up if he doesn't beat Gane next month and the sun is setting on guys like Tai, Lewis and Ivanov, your reliable top ten for the forseeable future is, like,
  • Ciryl Gane
  • Curtis Blaydes
  • Sergei Pavlovich
  • Jon Jones if he stays
  • Tom Aspinall if his legs work again?
  • Alexander Volkov, maybe?
  • Marcin Tybura, barely?
  • Jailton Almeida if he keeps being good?
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik
  • Sergei Spivac?
And then you're left with the Jared Vanderaas of the world. I know heavyweight has always been a big, precipitous drop outside the top five, but holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I just don't get what's hateful about talking about the people I hate for being who they are..

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CarlCX posted:

Jon Jones is almost certainly giving up if he doesn't beat Gane next month

now thats a lie

he's giving up if he wins it too

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm ready for Nate Marquardt tweets to get moved to the dumb people thread.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

And let's look at the upcoming cards.
UFC record for each and ranking if they have one

2/25: Augusto Sakai (4-4) vs Don'Tale Mayes (2-2-1)
3/3: Jones (20-1-1) vs Ciryl Gane (#1, 8-1)
3/11: Volkov (#8, 9-4) vs Alexandr Romanov (#13, 5-1), Lukasz Brzeski (0-0-1) vs Karl Williams (0-0-0)
4/8: Chris Barnett (2-2) vs Chase Sherman (4-10)

Beside the title fight, none are that interesting or impactful at all in the standings.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jon Jones hasn’t fought in three years, and I think it’s been about two since I was excited to see him at heavyweight.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

blue footed boobie posted:

Jon Jones hasn’t fought in three years, and I think it’s been about two since I was excited to see him at heavyweight.

This is true, but imo it still paints an inaccurate picture of how good Jones is likely to look in his return. He hasn't won a fight decisively and unquestionably/without controversy in FIVE years.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I think I worked out why William Knight did William Knight things

https://twitter.com/tommyspoore/status/1626953458963152898?t=8zbm0VzMDGi0fB4HWTTdkQ&s=19

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

blue footed boobie posted:

I’m less interested in the fight than how it gets scuttled by a Jones doping scandal / DUI tazing / violation of Treasury sanctions

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

CarlCX posted:

Welcome back, dude. DJ still rules and is canonically the best again after murdering the poo poo out of Adriano Moraes, so no, that's perfectly acceptable.

https://twitter.com/AndyHickeyMMA/status/1627443569802838018
When you consider that Stipe hasn't fought in 2+ years and is one foot out the door, Aspinall only just started sparring again, Jon Jones is almost certainly giving up if he doesn't beat Gane next month and the sun is setting on guys like Tai, Lewis and Ivanov, your reliable top ten for the forseeable future is, like,
  • Ciryl Gane
  • Curtis Blaydes
  • Sergei Pavlovich
  • Jon Jones if he stays
  • Tom Aspinall if his legs work again?
  • Alexander Volkov, maybe?
  • Marcin Tybura, barely?
  • Jailton Almeida if he keeps being good?
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik
  • Sergei Spivac?
And then you're left with the Jared Vanderaas of the world. I know heavyweight has always been a big, precipitous drop outside the top five, but holy poo poo.

Glad to see some things never change.

Member when Roy "Big Country" Nelson was top heavyweight? I member.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Hey goons! Good to see punchsports are still alive and well on the SF forums. I learned basically everything I know about MMA watching totally legal streams and reading on these forums. Then college happened, and the UFC watered down their product, and I unplugged

But hey, I bought tickets to see the GOAT, Mighty Mouse, fight in Denver for my first full fledged vacation. Any goons hitting up ONE with me?

P.S. is it cool and acceptable to think DJ is still the best?

Yes it's still cool and good and DJ is still cool and good.

You'll also see Reece McLaren so make sure to cheer for him loudest cause he's my friend and a top loving bloke.

He also needs some pop because one doesn't pay enough and he has a little baby now and so he has to work while trying to maintain a professional standard of training.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

BlindSite posted:

Yes it's still cool and good and DJ is still cool and good.

You'll also see Reece McLaren so make sure to cheer for him loudest cause he's my friend and a top loving bloke.

He also needs some pop because one doesn't pay enough and he has a little baby now and so he has to work while trying to maintain a professional standard of training.

Perhaps Reece should simply ask benevolent godking Chatri for an additional FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAS

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I needed a break from trying to write about Ryan loving Spann, so I decided to dive into my data fetish and see just how bad the heavyweight picture and every fighter's respective UFC record was. I consequently give you a post you really should not bother to waste the time to read, THE HEALTH OF THE UFC'S HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION:

CURRENTLY WINNING AND RECENTLY ACTIVE
  • Ciryl Gane - 8-1, coming off a win, fighting Jon Jones for the belt in two weeks
  • Sergei Pavlovich - 5-1, five fight winning streak, last fight in December
  • Marcin Tybura - 11-6, two fight winning streak, last fight three weeks ago
  • Alexander Volkov - 9-4, coming off a win, fight scheduled for March
  • Serghei Spivac - 7-3, three fight winning streak, last fight three weeks ago
  • Jailton Almeida - 4-0 but only two at heavyweight, four fight winning streak, last fight January
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik - 7-4, coming off a win, last fight December
  • Justin Tafa - 3-3, two fight winning streak, last fight two weeks ago
  • Marcos Rogerio de Lima - 9-6, coming off a win, fight scheduled for April
  • Waldo Cortes-Acosta - 2-0, two fight winning streak, fight scheduled for April
  • Martin Buday - 2-0, two fight winning streak, fight scheduled for April
  • Chris Barnett - 2-2, coming off a win, fight scheduled for April
  • Rodrigo Nascimento - 2-1, coming off a win, last fight September
CURRENTLY LOSING AND RECENTLY ACTIVE
  • Tai Tuivasa - 8-5, two fight losing streak, last fight December
  • Blagoy Ivanov - 3-4, coming off a loss, last fight three weeks ago
  • Andrei Arlovkski - 23-15 (jesus christ), coming off a loss, last fight October
  • Alexandr Romanov - 5-1, coming off a loss, scheduled to fight in March
  • Derrick Lewis - 17-9, three fight losing streak, last fight three weeks ago
  • Chase Sherman - 4-10, coming off a loss, last fight November
  • Chris Daukaus - 4-3, three fight losing streak, last fight December
  • Josh Parisian - 2-3, just got beat by a light-heavyweight last week
  • Augusto Sakai - 4-4, four fight losing streak, fighting this week
  • Jake Collier - 5-7, two fight losing streak, fight scheduled for April
  • Jared Vanderaa - 1-6, five fight losing streak, last fight October
  • Lukasz Brzeski - 0-1, coming off a loss, fight scheduled for March
  • Parker Porter - 3-3, two fight losing streak, last fight two weeks ago
THE PRIME HYDRATION NEUTRAL ZONE
  • Don'Tale Mayes - 2-2, coming off a No Contest, fighting this week
INACTIVE FOR VARIOUS REASONS
  • Stipe Miocic - 14-4, coming off a loss, last fight was 2+ years ago due to contract disputes with the UFC, was originally going to fight Jones and now who knows
  • Curtis Blaydes - 12-3, three fight winning streak, last fought in July, has said he refuses to risk his rank and isn't taking any more fights unless they're for the title or a guaranteed shot
  • Hamdy Abdelwahab - 0-0 (1), coming off a no contest, suspended until late 2024 for steroids
  • Jarjis Danho - 1-1-1, coming off a win, last fight was almost two years ago for no apparent reason
  • Tom Aspinall - 5-1, coming off a loss when his knee exploded, only recently cleared to train again
  • Juan Espino - 2-1, coming off a loss thanks to technical decision by dick knee, has been MIA for two years
  • Walt Harris - 6-9, three fight losing streak, will be two years since his last fight in June
  • Mohammed Usman - 1-0, coming off a win, last fight August, coming off hand surgery
JON JONES
  • Jon Jones

A grand total of seven fighters in the heavyweight top fifteen are a) not coming off losses and b) currently active, and one of those five (Almeida) has spent more time in the UFC fighting at a 220-pound catchweight than an actual division.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

CarlCX posted:

• Marcin Tybura - 11-6, two fight winning streak, last fight three weeks ago

Marcin Tybura has fought in the UFC 17 times??

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yup. Marcin Tybura has been in the UFC since early goddamn 2016. 2022 is actually the first time he only managed one fight in a year, and even then it's only because he got pulled the day before UFC 273 for COVIDan unspecified illness.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting ads to buy tickets for a UK Brandon Schaub "comedy" tour...

Think getting my brain smashed by a mallet would be preferable

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
They've already fought, but dig a hole, put Sherman and Vanderaaaaaaa in there and make them sloppily paw at each other until the heat death of the universe

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Sorry, Gallagher died recently

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What's the difference

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I needed a break from trying to write about Ryan loving Spann, so I decided to dive into my data fetish and see just how bad the heavyweight picture and every fighter's respective UFC record was.

Speaking of data fetishes, I recently made a spreadsheet to see historical UFC rankings so I could figure out what fighters were ranked when they fought each other. The data source I used was last updated in mid 2022 and sheets has limits on filterability, but it's still been pretty useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EzmIt61wfCZHZtrWnWwCo0oTkB660aFg8yZfxyZZLFg/edit?usp=sharing

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/OnPointMMA/status/1627748522060832769?t=

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Good fight, and good that O'Malley didn't get it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

What's the difference

you might survive a mallet attack without fatal brain trauma

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I am so loving keen for this.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm not even gonna try to say it's not an interesting fight with a lot of interesting possibilities, but I am going to say that in a division where guys like Vera, Sandhagen, Dvalishvili, Yan and (unfortunately) O'Malley are all fighting to justify contendership, having Henry Cejudo walk off three years of retirement into an immediate title shot makes me feel very, very tired.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CarlCX posted:

I'm not even gonna try to say it's not an interesting fight with a lot of interesting possibilities, but I am going to say that in a division where guys like Vera, Sandhagen, Dvalishvili, Yan and (unfortunately) O'Malley are all fighting to justify contendership, having Henry Cejudo walk off three years of retirement into an immediate title shot makes me feel very, very tired.

Imo the fact that none of them are obvious contenders means an immediate title shot for Cejudo makes sense. Each of those dudes probably needs one more win before they should really get a shot, so why not slide Cejudo back in?

The more annoying part is that Dana’s fighter pay policy made Cejudo sit out for three years in the tail end of his prime.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Do. You guys think Monster is pissed about the UFC bringing in another energy drink sponsor?

mister
Dec 18, 2011

reeg posted:

Good fight, and good that O'Malley didn't get it

I wonder what they do with O'Malley now?

The Chito rematch would have made sense but he's booked against Sandhagen. Merab would be good from a sporting perspective but I don't think the UFC will want to risk that fight since he will probably outwrestle O'Malley and he won't fight Aljo. Rematch Yan maybe if he's backed down from asking to be released?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

mister posted:

I wonder what they do with O'Malley now?

The Chito rematch would have made sense but he's booked against Sandhagen. Merab would be good from a sporting perspective but I don't think the UFC will want to risk that fight since he will probably outwrestle O'Malley and he won't fight Aljo. Rematch Yan maybe if he's backed down from asking to be released?

Merab is booked vs Yan for March 11

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
O'Malley loving sucks and it's poo poo that we have to pretend he's a real contender.

mister
Dec 18, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

Merab is booked vs Yan for March 11

Whoops! I completely missed that.

Snowman_McK posted:

O'Malley loving sucks and it's poo poo that we have to pretend he's a real contender.

He's obnoxious as a person and needs to work on his wrestling, but the Yan fight he actually looked decent. If the judges had scored it 29-28 for Yan I think a lot of people would have been saying that his stock had gone up despite the loss. Having him ranked as #1 is dumb but I think putting him in the top 10 is justifiable.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

[*]Jailton Almeida - 4-0 but only two at heavyweight, four fight winning streak, last fight January
[*]Jairzinho Rozenstruik - 7-4, coming off a win, last fight December

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1627728071162793999?s=20

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B League Preview :siren:

ONE Fight Night 7 - Friday, February 24

Main Card - 8 PM ET, Amazon Prime

Featherweight Title - John “Hands of Stone” Lineker vs Fabricio “Wonder Boy” de Andrade

The angry brickman is back. John loving Lineker had an outstanding first half of 2022, capturing the ONE Featherweight title from Bibiano Fernandes with an incredible knockout. The second half was a complete flip-flop loop-de-loop. He lost the title on the scale in his first attempted defense, and then he took a knee to the groin so devastating it shattered his protective cup, rendering him unable to continue. He’s bringing his 4-0 (1 No Contest) ONE record to try and reclaim the belt.

Fabricio de Andrade is a solid finisher, ending 6 of his 8 wins inside the distance. He also hasn’t lost since his 3rd pro fight, rattling off seven victories in a row, including 5-0 (1 No Contest) in ONE.

Lineker looked to be fading in the first fight, presumably in part due to the weight cut issues. If he shows up in better shape, he’s got more than enough power to hurt Andrade. However, Andrade is a solid striker as well, and as is the case with most John Lineker fights, the opponent has a sizable physical advantage. Fabricio is 7 years younger, 3 inches taller, with nearly 5 inches of reach on Lineker. I just hope the fight has a real conclusion this time.

Lightweight Title (Muay Thai) - Tawanchai PK Saenchai vs Jamal “Kherow” Yusupov

Tawanchai is 128-31 in kickboxing. He was the 2018 Lumpinee Stadium and Sports Authority of Thailand Fighter of the Year. He’s the current ONE Featherweight Muay Thai champ, having won the title with a decision victory over Petchmorakot Petchyindee Academy in September.

Yusupov is 3-0 in ONE kickboxing and Muay Thai, with 3 other fights falling apart.

You know my catchphrase by now - Muay Thai rules and you should watch it so watch this fight, it should rule.

Lightweight - Martin “The Situ-Asian” Nguyen vs Shamil “The Cobra” Gasanov

Nguyen is 14-6 with 10 wins by TKO and 3 by submission. He is 11-6 in ONE, having lost his most recent fight in September by first round TKO. He’s the former ONE Featherweight and Lightweight world champ, and was the first person in ONE to hold two belts simultaneously.

Gasanov is 13-0, with 9 wins by submission and 2 by TKO. He is 1-0 in ONE, having submitted Jae Woong Kim in October. It took until his 7th fight for Gasanov to face an opponent who had won prior to facing him. In his first nine fights, he fought seven people who had never notched a victory.

We’ve got a bit of a striker versus grappler matchup. Gasanov’s really only faced four opponents that could be considered legitimate. Nguyen has only been submitted once, and it was in 2015.

119 lb (Grappling) - Danielle Kelly vs Ayaka Miura

The only names I recognize on Kelly’s grappling record are MMA fighters, and she’s beat them. Miura is a MMA fighter, with a 11-5 record, boasting 7 submission wins.

Bantamweight - Eko Roni Saputra vs Danny “The King” Kingad

Saputra is 7-1, with 2 TKO and 5 submission wins. All of his fights have been in ONE, and he’s on a 7-fight win streak.

Kingad is 14-3, with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins. He is 10-3 in ONE, having last fought in a losing effort to Kairat Akhmetov in 2021.

Kingad has faced better competition, though his record against that better competition isn’t great. He’s also over a year out of action, and he could be rusty.

Featherweight (Kickboxing) - Saempetch Fairtex vs ChenLong “Muay Thai Boy” Zhang

Saempetch is 124-18 in kickboxing.

Zhang’s kickboxing record on Tapology has him at 10-6, with 5 straight losses.

Something tells me that the Thai fighter is the real Muay Thai Boy, but I guess that’s why they’re fighting.

Heavyweight (Kickboxing) - Andrei “Mister KO” Stoica vs Francesco Xhaja

Stoica is 54-13 with 30 wins by knockout in kickboxing. He is the former SUPERKOMBAT Super Cruiserweight champion.

Xhaja is 1-2 in kickboxing according to Tapology. I’m pretty sure his record is a bit more extensive than that.

Large men throwing meaty heat, let’s go!

Postlim Card - After Main Card, YouTube

Flyweight - Adrian “Papua Badboy” Mattheis vs Zelangzhaxi

Mattheis is 10-6, with 5 TKO and 4 submission wins. All of his bouts have taken place inside the ONE Circle. He lost his most recent contest, getting submitted by Alex Silva in June.

Zelangzhaxi is 16-7, with 10 TKO and 3 submission wins. He is 3-2 in ONE, with all 3 wins coming under the ONE Hero Series banner. He lost his last bout, getting knocked out in the first round last July.

It is time for the Papua Badboy, baby!

Welterweight (Grappling) - Uali Kurzhev vs Tommy Langaker

Kurzhev is a judoka who was last seen getting heel hooked by Kade Ruotolo for the inaugural ONE Welterweight grappling title.

Langaker is 120-29 in grappling bouts. He’s won several European grappling contests.

I don’t know diddly squortch about grappling. This could be cool, or it could be ten minutes of two sweaty guys frantically grabbing at each other as they scrabble around on the ground like little lizards. Or, in other words - cool.

Strawweight - Linda Darrow vs Victoria “Vick” Souza

Darrow is 6-0, with 5 TKO wins. She’s fought exclusively in One Pride MMA, which has somehow not been sued into oblivion.

Souza is 6-1, with 3 TKO and 2 submission wins. She went 5-0 in Gladiator CF before leaving Brazil for ONE and losing to Angela Lee. She then went back to Gladiator, winning over a 5-9 opponent last September.

Souza’s first 5 opponents are a combined 0-5. To a woman, they made their pro debut to get beat up by Souza and have never fought again. Her other victory came against someone who is now 5-10, putting her combined opponent record to 5-15. Darrow’s opponents are 11-12. Nobody is fighting anyone of consequence, so it’s unclear if either fighter here is of consequence.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Snowman_McK posted:

I disagree. I think him winning the fight against Yan was defendable, but regardless of whether he won, he for sure belongs. His striking is really really good.

Brut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_-MJSfocY

Official word on the Islam IV situation

TL;DW dan hooker is full of poo poo

I mean, "UFC employee denies UFC fighter cheated" is not too convincing to me. I dunno if Islam took an IV or not, but Novitzky's whole reason for being is to provide a veneer of respectability/denial/"hey look we have the best program there is" for when stuff like this happens. But Novitzky has been there for the Lesnar exemption and the Conor "he can juice as long as he pisses good for 6 months" and God knows what else. He lost a ton of credibility with the Jon Jones stuff especially. His explanations/justifications for Jones's stuff just didn't make sense.

also Victor Conte thinks he's full of poo poo but uh...not sure he's exactly the paragon of truthfulness either

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 21, 2023

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week - ONE Prime 7 edition

Lineker's dog

Ayaka Miura's rabbit

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So last weekend Diego Sanchez took an unbelievably ill-advised bareknuckle boxing fight against literal boxing world champion Austin Trout, where he, unsurprisingly, landed maybe three punches total before the fight was stopped on account of all of his face blood being outside of his face. Diego Sanchez, after his multiple decades in combat sports, has reasonably agreed that the fight was a bad idea, that he was clearly beaten, and that it's time for him to move on from competition, train the next generation of fighters ayeah he says he had Trout dead to rights based on his unbeatable gameplan of 'clinch uppercuts' but Trout cheated by greasing and he's going to sue BKFC if they don't overturn the decision, give him the win and a rematch and force Trout to let BJ Penn's mom watch him take a shower

quote:

“And maybe this was just pure coincidence that I said publicly my game plan was to get inside grab his neck mma style and work from that position! I’m not baring false witness on any one nodoubttrout or @bareknucklefc or G the guy doing it,” he wrote.

“But the facts are it happened and when I decided to take this fight I knew Austin was top notch boxer with a longer reach the main reason I said yes to the fight was my chances in the clinch due to the fact he was used to boxing gloves and the clinch would be new to him giving me my advantage and him his! A fair fight not in mma not in boxing but in a middle place!”

quote:

First of all I didn’t get any Vaseline put on me! Secondly, I did feel that Vaseline all on his shoulder and his neck during the fight it was put on so heavy I could not utilize the clinch this is cheating everybody so with that being said, I am the victorious champion and I count this as a win.

Hopefully we can get the decision overturned. I will be talking with my lawyer soon. @davidfeldmanbkfc @swfightnews @bareknuckle @mmajunkie god always has my back what a relief walking down the mountain to this news.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

mister posted:

Whoops! I completely missed that.

He's obnoxious as a person and needs to work on his wrestling, but the Yan fight he actually looked decent. If the judges had scored it 29-28 for Yan I think a lot of people would have been saying that his stock had gone up despite the loss. Having him ranked as #1 is dumb but I think putting him in the top 10 is justifiable.

You'd hope he looked loving decent. He's been in the UFC for longer than Yan or Sandhagen. That he's failed to get a single convincing win over a good opponent is why he sucks. He's gotten absolute kid gloves treatment and still hasn't managed a good win.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Very lightly in Diego's defense I did observe that trout's sweat was beading really strangely.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Diego would not have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Breaking news, Bellator fighters are drug tested out of competition

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1628122195640651789?t=Fj8edkFcb2YU9HzlcYqTIQ&s=19