Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Nanigans posted:

Probably, yeah. I mean, it’s Tron. All the neon and stuff is gonna look sick at night.

I’m a dummy and booked out passholder preview for the morning. :doh:

Oh, well. We’re going back in May, so maybe I’ll grab an ILL for nighttime then.

Is the ride going to be ILL or virtual queue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Both.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That reminds me, what's the timing for all that stuff for resort guests?

When can I buy G+ for the day?
When does the first batch of virtual queue start?
When can I do ILL for rides?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Midnight to buy Genie+ for the day.

7am for everything else, including your first actual Genie+ booking. That gives you ILL access before non-resort/day guests, but Genie+ and VQ are a free-for-all.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
7 am for the Genie+ and ILL selections.

You have to be inside the park of choice for Boarding Groups which go up at 9 am.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nanigans posted:

You have to be inside the park of choice for Boarding Groups which go up at 9 am.

Not anymore thanks to park reservations.

Now you can do it at 7am if you have one for the correct park that day.

With the 1pm selection if there are still slots open after 2 and you've hopped you can get in those, and the 6pm one is also hopper friendly but only works for extended hours resort guests. Obviously if you were already in the park the whole time those are still available to you too, but you can only get one a day.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Chief__Leif/status/1628405815005573126

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
At least it's using a modern version of windows.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
As much as i like that ride it is incredibly sad that they ripped out a animatronic showcase with a hundred animatronics for a ride that is quite literally all screens

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

And animatronics

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

worms butthole guy posted:

As much as i like that ride it is incredibly sad that they ripped out a animatronic showcase with a hundred animatronics for a ride that is quite literally all screens

The animatronics were thirty years old. Gotta change things up sometimes, imo Disney doesn’t actually do it enough.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Coasterphreak posted:

The animatronics were thirty years old. Gotta change things up sometimes, imo Disney doesn’t actually do it enough.

I don't mind they changed it up I just wish it was a bit more substantial for the space they had. But I do love the ride

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Tron is C+ ride the interior wait areas are D+ super cheap and dull

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Upsidads posted:

Tron is C+ ride the interior wait areas are D+ super cheap and dull

the hall over the launch area rules. the false wallscreen room is a good effect. only bad part of the wait was the long room with the AI woman repeating the safety message every 5 seconds. loading zone was cool too.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
How many flashing lights are on Tron and the queue?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

the hall over the launch area rules. the false wallscreen room is a good effect. only bad part of the wait was the long room with the AI woman repeating the safety message every 5 seconds. loading zone was cool too.

The effect is good the tronness of a circle spinning is not great

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

How many flashing lights are on Tron and the queue?

There's some pulsing neon and a lot of high contrast lighting but no strobe effects or bright flashes. I don't think it would be an issue for most people with epilepsy.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

There's some pulsing neon and a lot of high contrast lighting but no strobe effects or bright flashes. I don't think it would be an issue for most people with epilepsy.

Sweet thank you

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Coasterphreak posted:

It's less about the actual animatronics for me, but there's something to be said for moving through real, physical spaces and sets. That, and there was room and resources for both rides in the park and the park absolutely needs the capacity from both.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It's less about the actual animatronics for me, but there's something to be said for moving through real, physical spaces and sets. That, and there was room and resources for both rides in the park and the park absolutely needs the capacity from both.

I am very tired of screens, to be fair. I am tired of projection mapping. I want real sets in my dumb beloved dark rides and actual figures. Projection is fine for faces or whatever, but MMRR does little for me. My SD thinks it's a blast though and I definitely see where people like it.

I really wanted GMR to be redone in a classic Disney movies fashion. The underrepresented cartoons, especially at WDW. Drifting through the flower garden from Alice in Wonderland and having a cast member have to interact with that bossy bitch flower, a sing-along with everyone in the car, and getting chased out of the scene by the cat flowers would've been neat.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want an entire ride based on the alien section.

Yes I know about alien encounter give me xenos though

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/iammrvandy/status/1628494340959113216?s=46&t=qg_0IWOg1q0einU_iccgeA

Looks like they let him keep a piece of it at least

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
There seems to be a trend of people flashing others at Disney world, sort of a micro challenge on tik tok? So uh eyes beware

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

There seems to be a trend of people flashing others at Disney world, sort of a micro challenge on tik tok? So uh eyes beware

well my tiktok algorithm is about to get worse I guess.

That said, I just booked DCL sailing #12. It'll be a (very) late 40th birthday present to myself. Barring any unforeseen changes, this will be my third time on the Fantasy.

I really need to book the Dream again though. Eventually.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm sure these are some of the same people who call Disney 'woke' and 'groomers'

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Doronin posted:

well my tiktok algorithm is about to get worse I guess.

That said, I just booked DCL sailing #12. It'll be a (very) late 40th birthday present to myself. Barring any unforeseen changes, this will be my third time on the Fantasy.

I really need to book the Dream again though. Eventually.

Thanks for your help with the cruise info. I booked the Dream for the 8-Night Mediterranean cruise with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia Italy. Getting to Rome two days early as an add-on. Figured I might not make it back to Rome ever so might as well take advantage.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://wdwnt.com/2023/02/guest-shares-photo-flashing-breasts-at-epcot/

Is where I saw it

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I'm debating whether I want to get park hoppers for an upcoming trip. In later March, I'm doing six days with three other adults and two kids. (Two of them are the parents, the other adult and I are single friends joining their family vacation.) We originally booked all single-park tickets (got a Touring Plans deal of six days a bit of a discount - I think adult tickets at kid prices and it was only like $20 more than buying five days) because we figured park hoppers are of less value when we'll mostly be going at a kid pace, and the limit on when you can actually start hopping kind of sucks. Except now a couple of us are rethinking it, since right now we only have one full day at Epcot and it would be nice to be able to swing through later in the day for some Flower & Garden kiosk snacking, and our parent-friends have pointed out that it's not like us singles need to be beholden to kid breaks, crankiness etc.

On one hand, I have the money to put toward the upgrade, since we're all staying for free since we're using my friend's parents DVC points (Bay Lake Towers), and I really love Epcot and festival noshing. I actually dreamed about walking around Epcot early in COVID when I was losing my mind from not going anywhere or having any human contact. On the other hand, the point of getting a big trip discount should be saving money and not just spending that money on other stuff, right?

Talk me into it/out of it, goons.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I can't imagine going without park hopper tickets, but that's partially because it's all Disney will sell us euros.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
My only pitch would be that some of the parks might not hold your attention for an entire day.

I know nothing about package tickets, can you just upgrade to park hoppers on the days you want to (like as you enter a park in the morning, not through the tour company)?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I always buy park hopper tickets. I like the flexibility they give me.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

My only pitch would be that some of the parks might not hold your attention for an entire day.

I know nothing about package tickets, can you just upgrade to park hoppers on the days you want to (like as you enter a park in the morning, not through the tour company)?

They probably wouldn't on their own, but I thought it might be different with the little ones (I've only done adult trips before). They're great kiddos, I'm looking forward to seeing them have fun.

It's upgrading the full package or nothing. If I think about the actual numbers I suppose even adding the park hopper would still be an overall savings over having to actually pay for the hotel. I'm probably overthinking this but it's been a while since I did any kind of spendy travel. My last vacation was February 2020 :sparkles:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It's always a YMMV thing. For DLR, park hopper absolutely. WDW depends on the group. For me, I know I'm going to spend the whole day at MK, DHS. Probably Epcot. if the only time I'll even park hop is going somewhere after I'm done with AK, it's not worth it. I'll just call it a day and get some extra sleep :v:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Tron mostly blows, exterior is nice, interior preride is somehow cheaper than space mountains halls
They didn't do daft punks music justice
And drat that ride is short
First third is neat

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I always do park hopper because I always want the option to go eat and drink at Epcot at the end of the day

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Upsidads posted:

Tron mostly blows, exterior is nice, interior preride is somehow cheaper than space mountains halls
They didn't do daft punks music justice
And drat that ride is short
First third is neat

An opinion so nice you dropped it twice

Cool man

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Listen it's hot out, I forgot if I posted it
I'm hoping they hit the ground running with Tron as a cornerstone while they start making tomorrow land neato

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Hot take maybe but I used to be all about park hopping, but lately with the parks just always been so much more crazy, and transportation between parks kind of taking a long time, I encourage people to just do one park per day.

You will find yourself enjoying that one park more than if you go in knowing you’re only there to ride a few rides and leave. It forces you to take your time in the park and take everything in more, and you also might find yourself doing stuff you would otherwise skip but end up enjoying. For instance, park hoppers probably skip the riverboat at MK, but if you spend a full day there it’s a great experience to take a relaxing break to break up your day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

tomapot posted:

Thanks for your help with the cruise info. I booked the Dream for the 8-Night Mediterranean cruise with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia Italy. Getting to Rome two days early as an add-on. Figured I might not make it back to Rome ever so might as well take advantage.

Never been on a Disney cruise, but I was just in Chania and I can tell you it's a lovely little town that will make for a nice stop. Beautiful Venetian old town. Definitely the nicest of the cities I was in on Crete.