Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Is it just me or does walking feel super weird? Like forwards/backwards is super fast and rubbery, while strafing side to side is slow as molasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They heard about straferunning giving you a speed boost and patched the exploit

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just rear end a general FYI, I would suggest not to touch Atomic Heart outside of maybe gamepass. And don't go to their website. Not unless you want the FSB collecting your info and funding the Russian government.
drat thanks for the warning goon, Vladimir Putin almost found out my IP address. Dodged a bullet there (probably literally, LOL).

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Is atomic hearts supposed to be any good?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Read the last few pages, I guess not lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More Game Pass

COMING:
Feb 28: Merge & Blade (Cloud, Console, and PC), Soul Hackers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Mar 2: F1 22 (Console and PC via EA Play)
Mar 3: Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving Feb 28:
Alien: Isolation (Console and PC)
Crown Trick (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dragon Ball FighterZ (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
Madden NFL 21 (Console and PC) EA Play
Octopath Traveler (Cloud, Console, and PC)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

First Chairman Xi would personally spy on me every time I used the Epic Games launcher, now none other than Vladmir Illyich Putin himself is profiting off every Atomic Hearts download. Will gamers never know peace.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i played atomic heart and now there are men wearing adidas tracksuits and drinking vodka outside my house. they're trying to be incognito but I'm certain they're FSB

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The 7th Guest posted:

"to use the scanner, hold RB+RB" ....what????

what on earth lol how do i use this i can't even leave this room until i figure out what they actually wanted me to press

e: i'm supposed to double tap it?? why did they say HOLD RB+RB lol

Just got to this part and it very clearly states to tap and then hold. Extremely intuitive. Mad cause bad much??

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I pre-ordered Ishin via the XBox store website last week and pre-loaded it to my XBX, but it's like the game doesn't exist on the XBox PC App. Nothing pops up in search and clicking the Install on PC link on the website just gives errors in the app. Is this normal and does it unfuck itself when the game actually launches or what

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

exquisite tea posted:

First Chairman Xi would personally spy on me every time I used the Epic Games launcher, now none other than Vladmir Illyich Putin himself is profiting off every Atomic Hearts download. Will gamers never know peace.

Eh. I've seen more interesting posts.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just a warning for cheevo chasers eyeing Atomic Heart, it might break your 1000 Gamerscore streak.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Can't wait to come home and play this game. Very excited about the infamous double-tab RB scene.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
"The game is a miserable experience, with unlabeled areas, trophies that don't track, frustrating glitches that make it a chore to play, and subtitles that are too small to read. This game has a little something for everyone, 9/10" -IGN

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Hold RB to lose respect

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I got Marvel's Midnight Suns for my birthday and it's loving fun. Hopefully it'll come to gamepass so you folks can enjoy it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/BradSmi/status/1627926790172811264?s=20

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
portable pentiment.....

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
pentiment is already portable on cloud

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

portable pentiment.....
xbox.com/play

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

American McGay posted:

Just got to this part and it very clearly states to tap and then hold. Extremely intuitive. Mad cause bad much??
maybe that's in the day one patch? it said hold RB+RB for me. i went on youtube and saw the exact same thing for someone's v1.0 ps5 gameplay

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Pentiment w/ Rabbids.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Playing CoD at 10 fps on my Switch is gonna own.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Unless I'm dumb the biggest problem I have with the mobile cloud stuff is that certain games seem like they should be controllable with touchscreen UIs but it just does the lovely rear end touch buttons instead. Like even the Switch lets you use the touchscreen if you're playing Slay the Spire in portable mode or something.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Well you see they're Xbox games. It doesn't have a touch screen.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuts and Gum posted:

The actual combat feels good!! And then there’s more cutscenes!

I downloaded it haven't touched it yet. But that gives me some hope, maybe the ok combat + Mick Gordon ost will be good enough.

exquisite tea posted:

Do we know if Gamepass works like that? I am guessing day one for a brand new big game Microsoft is paying them a fixed amount. So the reviews are meh to terrible and you can just play it for free on gamepass. Don't see how that benefits them that much. Btw Mick Gordon is donating his earnings from the game to a Ukraine charity.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seems like it would be possible to add, especially with games which already do it on the Wintendo Switch. Get to it Phil.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Unless I'm dumb the biggest problem I have with the mobile cloud stuff is that certain games seem like they should be controllable with touchscreen UIs but it just does the lovely rear end touch buttons instead. Like even the Switch lets you use the touchscreen if you're playing Slay the Spire in portable mode or something.
There are a few games that do this. Here's a list of "native touch" Xcloud games I found that an Xbox employee threw on Reddit a couple of months ago:

quote:

Minecraft Dungeons
Among Us
Zero Escape: the Nonary Games
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2
Research & Destroy
Townscaper
Fortnite
As Dusk Falls
Danganronpa 3
Persona 5 Royal
Football Manager 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it bothers me because the games I would be likely to actually try to play on my phone are ones which I would normally be OK with playing on a mobile device, like Slay the Spire, or Ace Attorney.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Charles Martel posted:

Playing CoD at 10 fps on my Switch is gonna own.

Nintendo should have to do the same so I can play BOTW2 on competent hardware

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The Kins posted:

More Game Pass

COMING:
Feb 28: Merge & Blade (Cloud, Console, and PC), Soul Hackers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Mar 2: F1 22 (Console and PC via EA Play)
Mar 3: Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving Feb 28:
Alien: Isolation (Console and PC)
Crown Trick (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dragon Ball FighterZ (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
Madden NFL 21 (Console and PC) EA Play
Octopath Traveler (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I feel like everyone probably has gotten a copy for free or dirt cheap anyways. But if for some reason you’ve never played alien isolation absolutely jump on that before it leaves

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

Hold RB to lose respect

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Xbox should buy Nintendo, make the next portable console have good hardware

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just buy a Steam Dreck if you care about playing bad games on the train.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

American McGay posted:

I said good hardware

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Atomic Heart looks really nice. Probably the best lighting I've seen this gen aside from Metro Exodus. One of the best looking games too. First hour was fun, hope it holds up.

That's all open world stuff, not cutscenes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

it better be a real short train ride!!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Atomic Heart looks really nice. Probably the best lighting I've seen this gen aside from Metro Exodus. One of the best looking games too. First hour was fun, hope it holds up.

That's all open world stuff, not cutscenes.

no offense but it sounds like some loving commie gobbledygook

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m kind of annoyed atomic fart sucks so bad because I wanted a good single player game and I’m tired of Hitman freelancer kicking my rear end (because I suck at it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Oh yeah, the New Zealand Trick works for Yakuza Ishin. You can start playing today.