Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

mizzou has been shooting at an NAIA level the past two games (1/7 at the rim tonight). unacceptable

I feel like y’all and us at Arkansas have had a similar theme this season where if everything is clicking you have enough fire power to give just about anyone in the country problems, but when it’s off it’s some of the most dire basketball you will have the misfortune of watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
personal gently caress you to Syracuse for playing up for State then letting Duke walk all over them

at least VT is being useful for once today

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

chaoslord posted:

I feel like y’all and us at Arkansas have had a similar theme this season where if everything is clicking you have enough fire power to give just about anyone in the country problems, but when it’s off it’s some of the most dire basketball you will have the misfortune of watching

Both teams are playing themselves into a scenario where they need to advance decently in the SEC Tourney to make the dance

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
lmao @ Baylor going from ahead by 16 to losing by 17

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The difference in the two halves for Kansas was astounding.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
SEC sent the "keep it close" signal I see

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

SEC sent the "keep it close" signal I see

It seems to have failed.

e: oh my god this doesn't matter, you don't need to take 2 minutes to figure out that Missouri will throw the ball in with 1 second and shoot if they even try, or just tap it to get the game over with.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 19, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah Mizzou missed a few threes that could have made it interesting. Big win.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's some important information for this thread: boo buie

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
hahaha I missed that Clemson actually managed to lose to Louisville, Tigers chucking their season straight in the trash

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Looking forward to a stress free March

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

elentar posted:

hahaha I missed that Clemson actually managed to lose to Louisville, Tigers chucking their season straight in the trash

Hanging that #1 coaches poll banner really brought the energy for the Cards last night

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC State-UNC was close a lot of the way thanks to the usual huge free throw advantage for the Heels but the Pack turned it on in the last 6 or 7 minutes to leave them in the dust, good times

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue is back to having a winning record over everyone else in the conference, Ohio State's free fall continues. I'm starting to feel bad for Sensabaugh, he's really good but he's playing 5 on 1 out there.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
loving brick huffers.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

yeah man

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

OPAONI posted:

loving brick huffers.

:owned:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Big big weekend in Raleigh

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Let's be honest with ourselves here. Beating UNC is hardly an accomplishment this season.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Sure but it beats the alternative

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

blue blood cope is for cowards. beat your rivals

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oh yeah that’s the stuff

Do a “not really our rivals” next

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Freaquency posted:

Oh yeah that’s the stuff

Do a “not really our rivals” next

We play our rival on Mar-

:argh:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NORTHWESTERN WILDCAT MOTHERFUCKING BASKETBALL

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dropped 80 on iowa and crying fran gets ejected over a missed backcourt call lmao

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 20, 2023

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NCAA BASKETBALL 2022-23: BOO BUIE'S NEWS/VIEWIES

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DaveEanet/status/1627715480575246336

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

them wildcats is hell don't they

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston: "Okay, uh, I guess we're #1 again?"

Which means UH is gonna take a seed-killer Q3 loss this week, either tomorrow vs Tulane or Saturday at East Carolina

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
5 is still probably too high for Purdue. Very good team and way better than expected, but the back half of the B1G schedule was where all the tough games were scheduled, outside of Rutgers, and it's showing. IU at home is a must-win this weekend now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can't remember how it felt last year, but this year I really think there is no clear #1 team. There's barely a clear top 5. Probably making for an interesting tournament.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The only decided race is for player of the year, the leader of your regular season Big 10 champs, Boo Buie.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

I can't remember how it felt last year, but this year I really think there is no clear #1 team. There's barely a clear top 5. Probably making for an interesting tournament.

thing is there’s not a whole lot of midmajors really making a case for themselves either, this tournament has a chance of being really sloppy and truly stupid

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 21, 2023

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/1628099999127961615

An Animorph of the Bama elephant turning into the Baylor Bear

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_ATH/status/1628117062169116672?t=08XGds-eXxNERz5zIs5JHg&s=19

:chloe:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I had a real weird moment trying to figure out why the Astros' RF was so interested in Alabama basketball

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/smokingmusket/status/1628112244251697152?s=20

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
They should definitely fire Nate Oats. Yup

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

From the article.

quote:

Asked by AL.com why Miller was not charged, Tuscaloosa chief deputy D.A. Paula Whitley said, “That’s not a question I can answer. There’s nothing we could charge him with,’' according to the law, she said.

I'm trying to figure out how delivering a gun to someone, who then uses the gun to commit murder, doesn't constitute an accessory to the crime. And gently caress that coach for handwaving the whole thing away.

e:

elentar posted:

thing is there’s not a whole lot of midmajors really making a case for themselves either, this tournament has a chance of being really sloppy and truly stupid

Yea I think Gonzaga missing the top 10 has made things unusual. Like you said, there's no interesting mid-major this year either. At least at this time last year we had Murray State in the top 25. FAU was making a run at it earlier on, but they've dropped a few lately. I guess Oral Roberts is trying to climb into the polls as well. We'll see how things shake out over the next few weeks.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Not a lawyer, but isn't this where aiding and abetting would come into play?

Also forgot about the whole Ray Lewis angle. Did OJ not answer?