Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I didn't hear about the new Like a Dragon until today. Is it a JRPG again or is it like normal Yakuzas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s real time like the others

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's not real time. It's a JRPG and uses a JRPG battle system, unlike the others which use the Brawl system.

I'm approaching 40 hours in and I'm really enjoying it. The battle system and main story are fine, the draw is the couple dozen mini-games and colorful side quests. The different classes (Jobs) are fun to play around with too.

It starts off insanely slow and I'd just rush to chapter 3 or 4 without bothering much with exploring or side quests (maybe look up if they lock out? not sure. Don't think so) because that's where the game actually starts. Took me about five hours to get there but I went pretty slowly.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Could’ve sworn the Samurai Yakuza game was real time, sorry my bad

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is the JRPG one.

hatty posted:

No you’re right, LAD: Ishin is in real time it’s not a JRPG or anything.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 22, 2023

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
My mistake. They should do better with the naming

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

All the games are going to go by the Like a Dragon naming now so no more Yakuza in the titles.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I was enjoying Atomic Heart but I just got an update where it was going to be the THIRD time I had to download the entire giant game. Nope, sorry.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Vampire survivors has a better frame rate than bloodborne

No need to cope that hard

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

1glitch0 posted:

I was enjoying Atomic Heart but I just got an update where it was going to be the THIRD time I had to download the entire giant game. Nope, sorry.

Thanks Putin!!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Putin to start airdropping 1 month Game Pass codes over Kyiv

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I have decided to sell my XBOX Series S and get an epic fail Xbox Series X. Time to game with maximum power.

feels kremlineuve bought the x so he could putin his disks

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hatty posted:

Its hard to go back to Bloodborne after Elden Ring so maybe my PS5 just exists to play FF16 in a few months. I don’t even have it hooked up right now

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hatty posted:

It's a real time brawler. It's a great time but very little has been changed gameplay-wise from the original 2014 PS3/PS4 cross-gen version so it has quite a bit of old game design jank. It's technically older than 0 but newer than 5.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

feels kremlineuve bought the x so he could putin his disks

This Dennis Miller loving joke right here

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao

Feels isn’t a Putin plant tbh he just has that fuckin South Park rear end “caring is fail OP” attitude

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

feels cares about things, he just doesn't care about performative bullshit

and I am slowly becoming better at identifying it and being annoyed by it as well, in threads

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Posting about posters. Ban+30

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

here's my performative allyship, prepare the badge: it is an accessibility issue, for subtitles, to be THIS!! FREAKINg!! SMALL!! in atomic heart

but I don't know if I want to download a third or fourth 60GB patch in the hopes that one of them will fix the issue. i may just suck it up and put the english VA on

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian posted:

lmao

Feels isn’t a Putin plant tbh he just has that fuckin South Park rear end “caring is fail OP” attitude

You are the most sanctimonious motherfucker I have ever seen on these forums, and the saddest part is that I'm pretty sure you genuinely think you're a good person, while doing things like mock-quoting and going "ZUH???" because a trans poster expressed discomfort at performative outrage, ironically proving her point. People like you go around easily hurting others without a moment of self-reflection, because of how confident you are in your own moral righteousness. Do not quote me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ok I won’t

e: notice Feels didn’t engage with the point I was making at all (because it’s completely accurate and he got chased out of a better thread because of it)

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 23, 2023

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Atomic Heart makes some truly baffling design decisions. This looting system can kiss my grits.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Disposable Scud posted:

Atomic Heart makes some truly baffling design decisions. This looting system can kiss my grits.

I'm pretty early in the game but I don't get this sentiment. In fact I think its sorta cool? You can just hold the button down and move around, no need to spam a pick-up button like most games have.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

ok I won’t

e: notice Feels didn’t engage with the point I was making at all (because it’s completely accurate and he got chased out of a better thread because of it)

you're mad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
and as we all know, “caring is fail OP”

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

shut up!!! drat lol

have they fixed the subtitles yet

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I care about Wo Long coming out in a week, does that count for anything

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Looper posted:

you're mad
Escobarbarian hosed around with this message at 7:55 PM on Feb 22, 2023

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Instead of atomic heart im playing new colossus. Every plot point is somehow wilder and dumber than the last.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

I'm pretty early in the game but I don't get this sentiment. In fact I think its sorta cool? You can just hold the button down and move around, no need to spam a pick-up button like most games have.

I'm still early as well, but it's getting tiresome pretty fast. They're loading up each room with 3-6 sets of drawers and they seem to be kinda finnicky about when you've pointed your vacuum long enough to get all 10 drawers to open.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am playing Asura's Wrath, available with Xbox backwards compatibility. Thank you Xbox.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am playing Asura's Wrath, available with Xbox backwards compatibility. Thank you Xbox.

Oh I forgot I bought this and the ending dlc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I was trying to play Hi-Fi Rush today but twice during an hour long level my power went out so I gave up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think all the levels are an hour long, probably the biggest issue with that game. I guess there are checkpoints though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’ve got 2 destinations left for full mastery on HITMAN.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I think all the levels are an hour long, probably the biggest issue with that game. I guess there are checkpoints though

go away

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The later levels are much shorter or at least feel that way

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm still early as well, but it's getting tiresome pretty fast. They're loading up each room with 3-6 sets of drawers and they seem to be kinda finnicky about when you've pointed your vacuum long enough to get all 10 drawers to open.

Oh that makes sense. Yeah perhaps there's just too many cabinets that are lootable. I'm not clear yet what resources are used for which upgrade path so it all seems arbitrary atm, but I like having hover hands (NOT THE EMBARRASSING KIND IM OVER THAT NOW)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

American McGay posted:

I’ve got 2 destinations left for full mastery on HITMAN.

Like 20/20 or like all the little tiles lit up?