Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Apparently, the final 3 chapters of About the Movement of the Earth was uploaded a few months ago.

Ending felt super abrupt to me, with the last few chapters being a little preachy/exposition heavy. But I enjoyed the idea of it once I saw what the author was trying to go for. I really enjoyed this manga overall, thanks to those who recommended it in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
hope the upcoming anime will be a success, would like to see it all adapted

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Record of Ragnorak

I've seen this technique before but better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5WMGKzGgGc

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The forbidden technique! Just blow yourself up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Tokyo Duel got a slew of updates and this last fight is the most Baki thing I've seen this week.

I think introducing a new faction of Yojimbo in the middle of the tournament is a questionable move but after the first fight kind of happened I think this 2nd one at least endeared me to the Subway crew.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ReadSeinen released The Fable - The Second Contract Volume 4 earlier this month. I've kind of looped back around on the tako/yuko plotline because the authour writes him as a paragon of middle-aged soft masculinity and it's very endearing; in other words, I see what yuko sees in him

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The only thing I dont like about volume 4 is the again very rapey subplot putting youku in sexual violence danger but other than that its firing on all cylinders. Tho that being said her getting the armbar/leg choke and her expression in that 2nd to last panel was good. Hopefully this is the end of that

Youko should marry Tako

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

yeah by far the most objectionable part of the manga is the authour's seeming inability to have a woman character not serve as a damsel in distress. even yoko, by far the woman with the most independence and agency in the narrative, gets put in situations like the one in this volume's, though the authour probably thinks it empowerment to have her flawlessly triangle choke her assailant. Hopefully by arc's end she'll get to say, it's alright now.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
There's been a few updates on the 'dex for a manga called FX Fighter Kurumi and I was curious about what "FX" meant so I clicked a random chapter and this manga is completely unhinged. At least I learned that FX is Foreign Exchange trading, which the main character excels at while also being an insane person surrounded by insane people. I guess you really can make a manga about anything.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Forex is a meme in japan kinda like stonks are over here.

"The face of the people who sank all their money into the FX"
Commonly associated with going or being bankrupt (literally or metaphorically).

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Man, Boys Abyss is becoming somewhat comical with the amount of curve balls it keeps throwing. Like the author is trying to one-up herself with every revelation.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The recent Rosen Garten Saga is toeing a dangerous line again, swinging wildly between horrifically violent, disgustingly degenerate and incredibly hype.

Poor Arthur took such a beating from Armstong Ali Baba that he even had to resort to going Excalibur on his rear end*

* not literal rear end**, figuratively
** yet

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 29, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HenryEx posted:

The recent Rosen Garten Saga is toeing a dangerous line again, swinging wildly between horrifically violent, disgustingly degenerate and incredibly hype.

:allears: I love this degenerate series like you wouldn't believe. The Author clearly did their research on all these myths and legends because the kind of things people are noting and predicting are all really cool. While also adding things like Kamen Rider/Magical Girl genderbent Alibaba punching the everloving poo poo out of King Arthur.
Pic related makes what happened this chapter all the more interesting.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'm stupid enough to not get the implication.
Also I thought they'd already banged?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that manga sucks

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kyte posted:

I'm stupid enough to not get the implication.
Also I thought they'd already banged?

The implication is that Arthur's sword lets him somehow manifest things from the future so the shadow kid he conjures which is wearing Alibaba's long-coat represents Alibaba (and Aladdin's) future son.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

verbal enema posted:

that manga sucks

for real. im gei ate a month for singing its praises earlier itt and I can’t imagine it got any less headass or horny in the interim

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, violence is always safe to talk about so here's the newest chapter of Tenkaichi.

Cheering for old man Hanzo and all of his dirty tricks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, violence is always safe to talk about so here's the newest chapter of Tenkaichi.

Guessing Hanzo will lose but have an influence on Kojiro, making him(?) act more human, and when he fights Musashi he’ll have the classic washing pole.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
With Hanzo using a smoke bomb and this all being a "What If" about Nobunaga's reign; I'm increasingly convinced that at some point, a fighter is going to pull out a (possibly anachronistic) gun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I Am Fowl posted:

With Hanzo using a smoke bomb and this all being a "What If" about Nobunaga's reign; I'm increasingly convinced that at some point, a fighter is going to pull out a (possibly anachronistic) gun.

Was there anything to suggest guns weren’t developed in this timeline? Because in RL history guns were being used by the Sengoku period, and in fact I think Nobunaga was one of the first daimyo to heavily incorporate them into his armies.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 9, 2023

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

Was there anything to suggest guns weren’t developed in this timeline? Because in RL history guns were being used by the Sengoku period, and in fact I think Nobunaga was one of the first daimyo to heavily incorporate them into his armies.

I think the suggestion is more that the specific gun would be anachronistic, not that guns in general would be.

You know, like how there were suits of armor specifically built for gunfighters in the early modern era, but it would still be anachronistic if a guy in full plate pulled out a Colt Single Action Army.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah yeah, if he pulls out a Glock it’d be pretty funny.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

It is really hard to root for Hanzo in this one because he's on such a back heel not being Sasaki Kojiro and putting in far more effort in just the first chapter of this fight compared to Kojiro not pulling out any tricks or misdirection. Best case scenario of this fight is that he fakes his death and continues on to do stuff in the background to subvert Nobunaga. So here's hoping the ninja has a really good trick up his sleeve.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

chiasaur11 posted:

I think the suggestion is more that the specific gun would be anachronistic, not that guns in general would be.

You know, like how there were suits of armor specifically built for gunfighters in the early modern era, but it would still be anachronistic if a guy in full plate pulled out a Colt Single Action Army.

Bingo! I was even thinking of a revolver.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Fable is so loving funny man

new volume translation dropped

https://mangadex.org/chapter/002584a3-bf8a-4722-bc96-0c2914b9799c

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

thanks. I read it earlier this week but selfishly did not link it. this arc has kind of a dumb initial premise but it’s heating up nicely. loved youko’s way of blowing off steam. it’s alright now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Record of Ragnarok Chapter 75.

Feels like this fight is about to be over and everyone is counting up Tesla death flags. Also if you were curious about Tesla's color scheme here is the volume cover + alternative.

Samurai alternative.

And old Beelzebub.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah he's almost certainly dying. Question is, will he take Beelzebub with him?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

Guessing Hanzo will lose but have an influence on Kojiro, making him(?) act more human, and when he fights Musashi he’ll have the classic washing pole.

His sword being an actual, no-poo poo urumi is such an obvious escalation from 'really long katana' that I'd be very surprised if he downgrades from it. I do also think that Hanzo might have a chance if only because the author has a habit of going for shock factor wins now and again - Kojiro getting murdered long before he has a chance to duel Musashi would be just as big an upset as Honda Tadakatsu getting offed in the very first chapter. Maybe it would clear the way for the big sumo dude to continue on his path to becoming his archrival as an eccentric genius swordmaster? They're not dissimilar as characters.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Rosen Garten

This panel basically sums up the series. As for the fight Excalibur is still an incredibly potent trump card even if the theory spawned from the last chapter wasn't on point. Not sure if this is a callback to FATE or anything but given the number of variants of King Arthur/Saber there are I wouldn't be surprised. I hope that Arthur and Alibaba become bros after this fight.

Also, it's Attila's time to shine. I don't think his team will win since Hagen's crew is pretty stacked in terms of power and equipment but we also know Attila isn't playing the same game as everyone else.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

New Rosen Garten

This panel basically sums up the series. As for the fight Excalibur is still an incredibly potent trump card even if the theory spawned from the last chapter wasn't on point. Not sure if this is a callback to FATE or anything but given the number of variants of King Arthur/Saber there are I wouldn't be surprised. I hope that Arthur and Alibaba become bros after this fight.

Also, it's Attila's time to shine. I don't think his team will win since Hagen's crew is pretty stacked in terms of power and equipment but we also know Attila isn't playing the same game as everyone else.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol at that probe

Also recently discovered Jumbo Max, which is about an old pharmacy dude with Erectile Disfunction finding the one rare ED pill that works for him, and then trying to replicate the formula. Its still getting started but looks like its going to be a manga take of Breaking Bad.

Also its by the guy that made Sidooh, who has a very cool style of drawing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is sidooh the series about samurai revolution or incredibly angry and gory samurai fighting over honour series

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Jose posted:

Is sidooh the series about samurai revolution or incredibly angry and gory samurai fighting over honour series

Samurai revolution one. 2 brothers around the time of the Boshin War get indoctrinated by a cult, escape from it and vow to kill its leader all the while getting involved with historical figures. It owns and isn't gorier than your average seinen samurai manga.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
The incredibly gory one I'm guessing is Shigurui

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Archer666 posted:

lol at that probe

Also recently discovered Jumbo Max, which is about an old pharmacy dude with Erectile Disfunction finding the one rare ED pill that works for him, and then trying to replicate the formula. Its still getting started but looks like its going to be a manga take of Breaking Bad.

takahashi tsutomo is great. here is his episode of manben https://www.naokiurasawa.com/takahashi-tsutomu/

also everyone should read bakuon rettou by him too

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 26, 2023

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Record of Ragnarok Chapter 76.

At long last...RIP.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Ringo Roadagain posted:

takahashi tsutomo is great. here is his episode of manben https://www.naokiurasawa.com/takahashi-tsutomu/

Manben is so good. Totally forgot about it and need to watch it all. The one with the Crying German guy is funny cos he's so concerned about appearances that he would only agree to the show if he could obscure his face with a selection of drawings of different expressions.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Bakuon Rettou loving owns so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Archer666 posted:

This is good, but it stresses me out.

I hope that it turns out the wife is actually not cheating on him, even if it seems deeply implausible that he was able to get hard for the first time ever while drunk.