Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thank god we finally get a fridge and freezer to keep our space custard in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There was another one with eyes or something that had some sort of esoteric meeting. I can't remember.

Your eyes 👀 are your front ears. It was the Frontier update. That was so far off base I'll never forget it.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

CaptainSkinny posted:

Your eyes 👀 are your front ears. It was the Frontier update. That was so far off base I'll never forget it.

No fuckin' way. :stare:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

CaptainSkinny posted:

Not Visions?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

two snowflakes...

snow

snow

snu-snu

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

‘No “two” snowflakes are alike’?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Would love to see poles also.

2 snowflakes: cloning? (What? And why?)

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

toiletbrush posted:

if they were going to do anything with fractals, they should use it to procgen the flora. Seeing the same 3-4 plants every time you land on a planet with a certain biome gets boring real quick, and I've got no idea why they haven't already done it.

There was that first moment, beholding all these cool flora, thinking it was all proc genned. Then, a bit farther off, seeing about a third of them again on the next planet.

Kinda like stumbling on my first freighter wreck on my starter planet. Then, less than 1000u away, the exact same wreck, with cargo containers in the exact same places.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

❄ ❄

Ice.. Ice.. Baby 🤔

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Peacoffee posted:

‘No “two” snowflakes are alike’?

You could mentally rope ship customization into that. Maybe.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Looking at this backwards, this is the long sought Wons Wons update for sure

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this is clearly a hint that the hit song informer will be included as part of the ost

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

doctorfrog posted:

I dunno about this one, can you imagine the crying people would do if their favorite base now has a different environment?

i would love planetary biomes and im pretty sure they have hosed up everyone's bases several times over now by changing planet types etc, people are used to it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I just want more plant variety

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Snow, 2, snowman, 2no man

It's a sequel, no man's sky 2!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I regret hiring wingmen, all they seem to do is block my shots.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Did someone say Snow Man's Sky yet? :haw:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sean just retweeted the snowflake tweet. He's drawing this one out

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Tradition says that the update will be announced and instantly dropped on Wednesday.

Keep your front ears peeled.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

TheWorldsaStage posted:

so we've got multiple snowflakes, which could be interpreted as a blizzard, which can only mean it's going to be a cross promotion tie in event with blizzard flagship title overwatch 2

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

they're being bought by Blizzard

efb

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

in order to reduce server costs, a Crystalline Entity will be introduced into each galaxy, where it will begin devouring anything in its path with energy beams and converting that energy into its own constantly growing structure. once the universe is completely consumed, NMS will end and Sean will introduce their next game

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

❄️ probably means PSVR2 is so clear you can see the smallest individual details, now that I think about it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

's no more updates planned, thanks for playing no man's sky

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think (but mostly hope) that it's a custom ship update.

We'll have SO many options for customizing our starships, maybe our freighters too (outwardly, obviously you can build whatever inside) that each and every starship you see flying around will be 100% unique.

Like a snowflake.

I've mentally bought into this idea, so I'm trying to prepare for disappointment, but I'll enjoy the update nonetheless.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nothing would make me start playing again faster than the ability to build fully customised ships.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Nothing would make me start playing again faster than the ability to build fully customised ships.

Exactly. I'm all in in playing again once the update comes out regardless but I wouldn't be putting it down for a very long time if I could trick out my ship, even 100% cosmetically.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Do you want dong ships? Cause that's how you get dong ships

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

More and more people are saying it

Dong ships. Dong freighters.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Devor posted:

I may not agree to fly a dong ship, but I will absolutely champion the game giving you the opportunity to do so.

Personally, I'd design a toaster with wings.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's not unfeasible, each ship type has a collection of parts they're made of and being able to do something like scrap a ship to get a specific part blueprint instead of money would be a neat mechanic and further encourage exploration. So they could do it, reasons to not do it would be I guess devaluing the ships players have already managed to collect, but it's not like Hello Games has been above wiping the slate clean for new features.

Unrelated but I finally managed to find an S-class freighter and am happy to report that everything transferred over smoothly after I cleared my old freighter's main inventory and packaged up the upgrades it had. Base and storage all carried over.

Where do you get new upgrade modules for freighters again? I don't mean salvaged frigate modules but the actual S-C-class hyperdrive modules etc. I've already bought everything from the upgrade thing on the freighter. Derelict freighters?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Devor posted:

yes, and I'm not afraid to say it :colbert:

Excession, by Iain M Banks posted:

Ulver laughed. "It looks," she snorted, "like a dildo!"
"That's appropriate," Curt Lyne said. "Armed, it can gently caress solar systems."

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 21, 2023

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

It's not unfeasible, each ship type has a collection of parts they're made of and being able to do something like scrap a ship to get a specific part blueprint instead of money would be a neat mechanic and further encourage exploration. So they could do it, reasons to not do it would be I guess devaluing the ships players have already managed to collect, but it's not like Hello Games has been above wiping the slate clean for new features.

they could also do it by adding new ship types that are more customizable while leaving the old ones intact, if less common than previously

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Earwicker posted:

they could also do it by adding new ship types that are more customizable while leaving the old ones intact, if less common than previously

I considered this. Maybe they could make the initial repair for distress beacon prebuilt ships easier, so the trade-off to get exactly what you want is that it's harder to repair AND harder to find stuff.

Anyway, the only other thing I want from this game is a real sense of danger, especially in derelict freighters.

I don't have the words to accurately describe my disappointment when I learned that the big stomp-like thuds were NOT from some huge, dangerous creature somewhere on a different floor, but rather the pulsing bug things. I mean, I had just come from playing Alien Isolation, but I'm not expecting THAT level of danger. Let me hunt and fight something that wants me dead and could do it if I'm not careful. Make it harder when I'm with 4 people.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1628364933883740162?s=20

:thunk:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Okay, now he's just loving with us.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Procgen update to red dead redemption 2

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I just want more planet variety

My PSVR2 just turned up, pretty stoked to play in VR again but working for another 4 hours

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
8GB update just went out. Sean always posts the cowboy right before the full details so should be up soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

My bet is a new ship that lets you move around planets super fast.