Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if the sagas thread is reopened i can promise the dominant discussion won't be the about war threads right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It is worse. Lowtax was a wife beating pill head so the impulsive vindictiveness and general incoherence were expected. Not really sure what’s going on with the current regime but nice work, guys.

I mean even in terms of ways of communicating Lowtax was ahead of what's happening now because you could go on one of his drunken streams and bitch about whatever your forums pet peeve was in the comments until he reacted. It deeply troubles me that I'm not being facetious about this and that I'm comparing Lowtax favorably to anything.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 17:57 on Feb 22, 2023

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I agree, but some folk do bring out the insults, and unfortunately the r-slur, a bit quicker than I would prefer to try and get things done. I agree with the spirit of every message regarding the abysmal mod/admin behaviour, but we have some rude folks that can make this harder. I know I know, civility politics. I know.

Yeah granted, there's a happy medium between soulless decorum voice and pure FYAD and things probably lean closer to the latter atm which I'm sure only pisses em off further.

But then I guess it's chicken and egg situation. Which came first, staff appearing to hold sheer contempt for the user base or users being rude and souring their attitude? Idk I'm not gonna trawl archives to find out

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

All the feedback forum needs is an actual mod who cares and a clearly stated rule that flaming posters or being chaotic imbeciles is verboten. Maybe have a carveout for clearly insane requests like the old rule that mod sass would be punished unless it was really, really funny.

Roth was good.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

speng31b posted:

also, I think if Jeff's vision for the site is to wall off subs so completely that posters have to primarily identify with one or else be pulverized, we should just split SA into separate hosted sites with no account sharing. otherwise rethink your administration policies that push everything towards the stupidest possible fiefdoms.

if the way you're going is really what you want, you could save yourself the stress of manually watching the walls by just eliminating cross sub interaction by design. be honest about what you want.

It's been brought up a few times but one of the strengths of PYF as a subforum is that drat near everyone posts here from time to time, and (the Sagas thread's recent history aside) it's mostly not for poo poo-stirring purposes. (The chat thread that was started recently being full of pleading 'don't gas this we just want to chat about videogames with people' made me a bit sad.)

I really don't like or understand the whole 'everyone needs to stay in their silo' mentality, on or off the forums, and I never have. I post a lot in CSPAM but I also post in PYF and in Games and in A/T and LAN and god knows where else and if anything I think I'm less likely than most to venture into new and unfamiliar territory.

I don't think this outright hostility to the idea of People Who Aren't Local started with the various war threads but it's definitely been brought into sharp relief by them, probably because feelings are already running high about a really lovely and controversial subject matter. But I hate it, I have always hated it, and the forums are lesser for (intentionally or otherwise) encouraging it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
jeff: "i wish the forums weren't so siloed i'd like it if everyone came together as a forum and talked and hung out and stuff"

admins: "ban+30, thread closed, do not open another one"

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

my PYF feedback is that the mods and IKs of this subforum are mostly pretty good, even the one who made the zoo thread sarcastically

could one of you please remove this ugly QCS gang tag that was forced upon me simply because I posted “lol” some time during christmas eve? thanks :angel:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think it was a problem if people legitimately felt worried about posting suggestions in QCS because they dont like getting flamed or whatever. i think its fine to have QCS be a more "serious" forum without shitposting but i think public discussion among users is an important thing that shouldn't be lost

Well I guess but when someone comes in with some dumb rear end poo poo they need to be told it’s fuckin stupid AF.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ulvir posted:

could one of you please remove this ugly QCS gang tag that was forced upon me simply because I posted “lol” some time during christmas eve? thanks :angel:

apparently it happened for some thread earlier in that month according to another goon who told me but I forgot lol. I didn't post in the boxing day massacre thread and only a few times in december at all really, but I was still hit with it too, so who knows when they were passed out

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

ulvir posted:

my PYF feedback is that the mods and IKs of this subforum are mostly pretty good, even the one who made the zoo thread sarcastically
:yeah:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

apparently it happened for some thread earlier in that month according to another goon who told me but I forgot lol. I didn't post in the boxing day massacre thread and only a few times in december at all really, but I was still hit with it too, so who knows when they were passed out

I can't remember which qcs thread it was but it was short-lived and at the risk of sharing too much, an admin doled them out as a joke

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mm, those don't always land too well

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I can't remember which qcs thread it was but it was short-lived and at the risk of sharing too much, an admin doled them out as a joke

that sounds right

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

it was a low effort troll. it was fine. i stealthily avoided it by i guess sleeping in that day or something lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ulvir posted:

Wanted to let u know I found a CD post by you and queued up the removal of your tag :cheers:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

imo pyf shouldn't host a thread that regularly exports shitheads, no matter how justified they end up feeling from time to time

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Riot Bimbo posted:

imo pyf shouldn't host a thread that regularly exports shitheads, no matter how justified they end up feeling from time to time

thank you, noted pyf poster Riot Bimbo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think it's good that they understand the situation so completely, tbh

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Riot Bimbo posted:

expand on this i'd love to hear your thoughts

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Psycho Landlord posted:

thank you, noted pyf poster Riot Bimbo

its always good to get feedback from across the forums

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

It's been brought up a few times but one of the strengths of PYF as a subforum is that drat near everyone posts here from time to time, and (the Sagas thread's recent history aside) it's mostly not for poo poo-stirring purposes. (The chat thread that was started recently being full of pleading 'don't gas this we just want to chat about videogames with people' made me a bit sad.)

I really don't like or understand the whole 'everyone needs to stay in their silo' mentality, on or off the forums, and I never have. I post a lot in CSPAM but I also post in PYF and in Games and in A/T and LAN and god knows where else and if anything I think I'm less likely than most to venture into new and unfamiliar territory.

I don't think this outright hostility to the idea of People Who Aren't Local started with the various war threads but it's definitely been brought into sharp relief by them, probably because feelings are already running high about a really lovely and controversial subject matter. But I hate it, I have always hated it, and the forums are lesser for (intentionally or otherwise) encouraging it.

the insane part is Jeffrey has talked over and over about how he thinks subforum tribalism is bad and he wants people to post everywhere but his mod and admin team constantly punishes 'forums invasion' and 'brigading'. So what the gently caress does he actually want then?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

lobster shirt posted:

its always good to get feedback from across the forums

it is true, understanding and well reasoned feedback is always valuable no matter its source

unfortunately,

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larry Parrish posted:

the insane part is Jeffrey has talked over and over about how he thinks subforum tribalism is bad and he wants people to post everywhere but his mod and admin team constantly punishes 'forums invasion' and 'brigading'. So what the gently caress does he actually want then?

It's so loving baffling. Again, it was obvious Lowtax just wanted these forums to be a passive source of drug money and ego-fluffing so he could be a lazy abusive addict but I honestly have no clue what Jeffrey wants.

Best I can make out it's "Shut up and post. No not like that. Or like that. No I will not elaborate further."

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

i think you shouldn't be a lying bitch but we can only control our own actions after all.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's so loving baffling. Again, it was obvious Lowtax just wanted these forums to be a passive source of drug money and ego-fluffing so he could be a lazy abusive addict but I honestly have no clue what Jeffrey wants.

Best I can make out it's "Shut up and post. No not like that. Or like that."

Doubly so when he literally said to flame bad posters, and instead you get an anvil dropped on your head for....making an admin read, I guess?

I dont know. I loved this place but the last 6 months have really shown me its not worth it to try and care. The owner, admins, and all but a small handful of mods openly hate everyone who doesn't post in like 4 megathreads, so what point is there to come here anymore beyond inertia?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

starting to craft some epic fan fic about this guy

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I think maybe if he wants to end tribalism then he should not have mods who vehemently defend lovely "quarantine" threads

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Riot Bimbo posted:

people touching the poop is bad but inevitable without something like QCS to help people raise attention to things

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Riot Bimbo posted:

Those people are your posting superiors and you are disappointing them. Shame shame shame

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also this is a pyf related feedback post due to him recently also being ban 30'd in pyf but synthy just got 'restricted' to FYAD and ban 30'd for making a fyad style post in fyad lmao. his crime? making fun of the admins.

Jeff you lazy fucker can you maybe POST ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE in a form other than the lepers colony thank you. people wouldn't make fun of you being a fat lazy loser who can't talk to anyone if you were talking to people you pill popping loser. can you take a break from your 6th consecutive Caribbean cruise with all you can eat Xanax and just post on the loving website? please? lol.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

tribalism is when people from other forums complain about yours, complaints should only ever come from within the forum itself

any external concerns are concern trolling

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Larry Parrish posted:

also this is a pyf related feedback post due to him recently also being ban 30'd in pyf but synthy just got 'restricted' to FYAD and ban 30'd for making a fyad style post in fyad lmao. his crime? making fun of the admins.

Jeff you lazy fucker can you maybe POST ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE in a form other than the lepers colony thank you.

no but you see astral doesn't have the time, patience or mandate to go punish people outside the tech forums

he definitely will not follow you around and punish you for posting about him if you get on his bad side. he promised.

personally, i believe him because i don't have object permanence

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Wanted to let u know I found a CD post by you and queued up the removal of your tag :cheers:

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Larry Parrish posted:

Jeff wants people to post everywhere but only if they're doing so byobbishly. You should go to the deviantart fetish thread and post "haha nice keep having fun guys" and go to the gbs deathwatch thread and go "ooh not my cup of tea but glad you're all having fun". Disliking anything other posters are doing is troublemaking behaviour and basically the only thing admins crack down on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CountryMatters posted:

Jeff wants people to post everywhere but only if they're doing so byobbishly.

drat he should love the sagas thread then lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Jeff you lazy fucker can you maybe POST ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE in a form other than the lepers colony thank you. people wouldn't make fun of you being a fat lazy loser who can't talk to anyone if you were talking to people you pill popping loser. can you take a break from your 6th consecutive Caribbean cruise with all you can eat Xanax and just post on the loving website? please? lol.

lol I hadn't realized that he meant that Synthy can only read two subforums total now. I thought he was just locking him in during his probe

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larry Parrish posted:

It's extremely weird that Jeffrey seems to have such an aversion to posting on the website he spent money to purchase. Is it PTSD from working for Lowtax? Buyer's remorse? Tell us, Jeffrey.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
due to using discord magic, a more reliable tool with communicating with the users of this website than this website, synthy has had all his forum access removed much like i don't have cspam and a few people don't have qcs. good poo poo. just permaban people lol. at least make what a loving thin skinned bitch you are public.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Larry Parrish posted:

due to using discord magic, a more reliable tool with communicating with the users of this website than this website, synthy has had all his forum access removed much like i don't have cspam and a few people don't have qcs. good poo poo. just permaban people lol. at least make what a loving thin skinned bitch you are public.

Insane that they did the work to implement this and yet you still can't use search (paid feature) to find things in the archives (paid feature) after twenty years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you told me exposure to the forums source code will progressively drive you insane I'd believe it. It's a more sensible explanation for the last few months than anything else.