Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Smugworth)
Do u eat eggs
gently caress off Derpies
What an eggcellent thread
Goku fusion dancing with an egg
CHICKEN CAME FIRST
View Results

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ostrich eggs have like 1000 mgs of cholesterol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ostrich eggs have like 1000 mgs of cholesterol

Its also a gently caress ton of egg so we split it between 4-5 people.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

At a restaurant I used to cook at we sold a duck egg carbonara and shaved hard boiled quail eggs on the beef tartare

They were good

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
It’s really annoying that preserved duck eggs are trivial to find around here but fresh ones are impossible to source.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ate some avocado toast with verde, cojita and two perfectly poached eggs on top. It was very good. Would egg again.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
We went to a home & garden expo today and there was a farm there that does hen rentals. Basically you pay an upfront cost and they deliver a coop and up to 6 hens that you keep for 6 months (spring to fall). We’re gonna do it I think because the overall cost is way less less than what buying all the poo poo ourselves would be, and this way we can try our hand at husbandry before committing. Anyway looking forward to the fresh eggs.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Eggs from tasty to bland:
Guinea
Free range chicken
Duck
Goose
Factory chicken

Guinea eggs are fantastic but guinea fowl are completely obnoxious and I wouldn’t raise them again.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you've never had a hen lay an egg directly in your hands and cracked it straight into a frying pan, you haven't lived

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Smugworth posted:

If you've never had a hen lay an egg directly in your hands and cracked it straight into a frying pan, you haven't lived

Is watching you murder her kid part of it or do you go into a different room?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Smugworth posted:

If you've never had a hen lay an egg directly in your hands

Try directly into your mouth next time, plebe.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
cooked some sunny-side up for some kids. I put the lid on the pan for the last couple minutes just to make sure the top was cooked enough, and the yokes were all runny in the middle to dip toast.

Eggscellent

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Did poached eggs in the air fryer and made a sauce from mayo, mustard, lemonjuice and olive oil on spinch and a soughdough pancake

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Egg

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I made pickled eggs the other day, but today...

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

What is that some kind of small pastry?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Pickled Scotch eggs you say?

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

500excf type r posted:

Mmmm! Those look yummo AF!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

500excf type r posted:

I’m….intrigued…

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m….intrigued…

you hardboil eggs
Then you put them in vinegar, sugar, salt, and beet juice (Components widely variable, obv, onions, garlic, pickling spice, some peppers, all boiled together are common for example) for at LEAST 2 days. And can be kept as you'd keep a quick pickle.

Then you eat them.

OR, as op has done wrapped them in pork breakfast sausage of their choosing and 'give em the business'.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BigBeefCity posted:

you hardboil eggs
Then you put them in vinegar, sugar, salt, and beet juice (Components widely variable, obv, onions, garlic, pickling spice, some peppers, all boiled together are common for example) for at LEAST 2 days. And can be kept as you'd keep a quick pickle.

Then you eat them.

OR, as op has done wrapped them in pork breakfast sausage of their choosing and 'give em the business'.

I was mostly intrigued by the mix of pickling and scotching. At first though it seemed weird but the more I think on it the more I can see it working.

The last time I made pickled eggs was basically an experiment to see how hot I could get em so I threw a couple Armageddon peppers in there while they pickled.

They were not edible.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
Perhaps my answer to your question wasn't FOR you and if you already pickle eggs there's nothing to really question in that picture.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I question the excessively busy design on those plates. Like eating breakfast off a DMT visual.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It was good and I regret nothing

zone
Dec 6, 2016

One of my favorite egg-based breakfasts is an omelet or frittata done up with caramelized onions, roasted peppers, boiled potato, sometimes with bacon or sausage if I really want a big breakfast, served with whole wheat toast.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

zone posted:

One of my favorite egg-based breakfasts is an omelet or frittata done up with caramelized onions, roasted peppers, boiled potato, sometimes with bacon or sausage if I really want a big breakfast, served with whole wheat toast.

If you cut the omelet in half, you can place it between toast slices and have a delicious breakfast sandwich

zone
Dec 6, 2016

500excf type r posted:

If you cut the omelet in half, you can place it between toast slices and have a delicious breakfast sandwich

I sometimes have it like that if I have to finish my breakfast quickly. Thanks though!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

zone posted:

I sometimes have it like that if I have to finish my breakfast quickly. Thanks though!

Try a bagel some time!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

500excf type r posted:

Huh, pickled scotch eggs?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
When is an egg-containing item no longer an egg-related item?

Omelette?
Quiche?
Pancakes?
Cake?
A Chicken?
Egg wash on an old painting?

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Outrail posted:

When is an egg-containing item no longer an egg-related item?

Omelette?
Quiche?
Pancakes?
Cake?
A Chicken?
Egg wash on an old painting?

Chicken - but depends if you squeezed out all the eggs out of it like a tube of toothpaste first

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Dinner???

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Outrail posted:

Has anyone itt eaten quail eggs? What are they like?

Or other weird eggs? Turtle or crocodile or mongoose or emu or whatever.

29 eggs incubating. I'll let you know once the hens start laying 9~ weeks from now

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

kazr posted:

29 eggs incubating. I'll let you know once the hens start laying 9~ weeks from now

At what point does it stop being an egg?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Outrail posted:

At what point does it stop being an egg?

You ever ate balut?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I present the “my wife isn’t home”

Poppy seed bagel
Deli Turkey
Ghost pepper sauce
Cheddar cheese
Fried egg
Furikake

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I figure that must be the furikake but for a second I thought you might own a Pepper Cannon

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PPPPPPPPEPPER CANNON

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My daughter won't eat her eggs this morning.

Sometimes things just work out. Waste not, want not.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Smugworth posted:

My daughter won't eat her eggs this morning.

Sometimes things just work out. Waste not, want not.

you need to sit down with her and have a serious talk about keto gainz before it's too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Lazy no-effort-omelette kinda morning.

Nothing to look at, but it went down good.