Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

yes, yes, no, yes, gently caress YEAH, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

quote:

Man-sized pleaster! Helman's and Skippy with a trio of salami, onion and sliced eggs. Don't argue... Just try it!

Is this sandwich threatening me?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Extraterrestrial foods don't count

Be quiet and eat your grumgrum.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

uber_stoat posted:

i worry about him. he's found a niche i guess but one of these days he's gonna eat at the wrong buffet and die from an obscure tropical disease.

A few weeks ago he did one that was "Eating at the worst rated seafood restaurant gone wrong!" and I thought he had gotten sick. Turns out he hadn't, but I guess Daym has just been really lucky so far.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

A question I have always had was, if bringing out the Hellmann’s brings out the best, does bringing out the Best Foods bring out the Hell? No one has been able to answer me until now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Do/did they seriously use the same "bring out the best" slogan for Hellmanns?

I grew up with Best Foods and the slogan was "Bring out the Best Foods, and bring out the best". Which, you know, makes sense

Are you saying they swapped the name east of the Mississippi and did NOT say "bring out the hell" :wtf:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
When I moved from Seattle, Best Foods territory, it threw me for a loop the first time I heard it called Hellman's in Kansas.

Sorta the same way Breyer's and Edy's are the "frozen desert" brand depending on which part of the country you're in

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1QV-Dmu4I
The whole channel is full of this poo poo. It's like buddy saw Masoakis and said I can do that too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hey, how much ranch do you all think I should add to my burger

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Get it delivered in the ranch container.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

get ya one of these bad boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Dq3VJ3OU8&t=77s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Data Graham posted:

Do/did they seriously use the same "bring out the best" slogan for Hellmanns?

I grew up with Best Foods and the slogan was "Bring out the Best Foods, and bring out the best". Which, you know, makes sense

Are you saying they swapped the name east of the Mississippi and did NOT say "bring out the hell" :wtf:

Yep, the east coast slogan is “Bring out the Hellman’s, and bring out the best”.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bring out the Hellman's, and go to hell.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1621508043824574464?s=20

Iron Crowned posted:

Sorta the same way Breyer's and Edy's are the "frozen desert" brand depending on which part of the country you're in
This threw me for a loop ("what, they sell those right next to each other, they're just different brands") before I googled it and found out Edy's is called Dreyers in some places. Weird poo poo.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Haifisch posted:

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1621508043824574464?s=20

This threw me for a loop ("what, they sell those right next to each other, they're just different brands") before I googled it and found out Edy's is called Dreyers in some places. Weird poo poo.

Best Foods/Hellmann's mayonnaise; checkers/rallys, kraft dinner in canada, mac and cheese in the US. Reminds me of how west of the rockies butter sticks are thick and short and in the east they're long and skinny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNYJ3wb1XI&t=156s

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I moved to NYC and now I sometimes see both form factors of butter side by side in the same store. It's weird.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

These are gooseneck barnacles. Since they are crustaceans, they probably taste like shrimp or crab.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://i.imgur.com/jdIE2IG.mp4

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A few weeks ago he did one that was "Eating at the worst rated seafood restaurant gone wrong!" and I thought he had gotten sick. Turns out he hadn't, but I guess Daym has just been really lucky so far.

That was a fun little clickbait, what actually "went wrong" was that all the worst rated ones also happened to be closed for the season (he's in CT so they take that stuff pretty seriously), so he just settled for whatever was open at the time, and they actually turned out to be amazing.

He did get hospitalized a few months ago, but it was because he drank like 10 espresso martinis and a few shots of Hennessy for his birthday.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

How has Daym not got a cushy rear end voice acting job by now?

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

These are a delicacy and if you're in the NW of Spain I strongly encourage everybody to try them. Absolutely delicious seafood!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elviscat posted:

How has Daym not got a cushy rear end voice acting job by now?

He had a Netflix show, apparently.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Turds 👏 are 👏 not 👏 food 👏

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
just looking at these things triggers an atavistic aversion in me. i've never eaten one but i'd do it if i had the opportunity.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Carma carma carma carma capitulum
A little barnacle
The basal whorl

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

laura ulrich is a weird name for the dingus

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Beardcrumb posted:

These are a delicacy and if you're in the NW of Spain I strongly encourage everybody to try them. Absolutely delicious seafood!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Cevapcici is really loving good

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

It’s basically a caseless sausage

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

It’s basically a caseless sausage

It's not unlike kefta, but in my experience more garlicky. There's a stand here that doesn't have a brick and mortar but comes to basically every street festival. Two of those guys grilled on charcoal, on a grilled pita, with some raw onions and ajvar, it absolutely slaps.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those mother bitches of my bitch, you are supposed to put the onion, then the ajvar, THEN the grilled meat!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
being mostly unfamiliar with food from that part of the world, of course i read the wiki:

quote:

The small meat logs

:getin:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

uber_stoat posted:

just looking at these things triggers an atavistic aversion in me. i've never eaten one but i'd do it if i had the opportunity.

Man I would need to be insanely desperate before I'd even vaguely consider one of these things as food.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Quid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1QV-Dmu4I
The whole channel is full of this poo poo. It's like buddy saw Masoakis and said I can do that too
Dude learned one cooking technique and decided to apply it to every dish possible.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

more falafel please posted:

It's not unlike kefta, but in my experience more garlicky. There's a stand here that doesn't have a brick and mortar but comes to basically every street festival. Two of those guys grilled on charcoal, on a grilled pita, with some raw onions and ajvar, it absolutely slaps.
Ugh, this is meatless Ash Wednesday torture! :smithicide:

A place near us makes amazing snack sausages and the like along with beautiful fresh cevapi. One summer we went by the warehouse to get some hunter's sausage and they were grilling samples of cevapi outside. gently caress me, they were delicious. Now we buy those along with our snacky meat sticks. They absolutely knew what they were doing with that grill.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I mean, the ones in that picture are vegan!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

I'd absolutely eat them, too, if cevapi was enough of a thing around here that a vegan variety was available. :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Putting the "Why" in Whyoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Nettle Soup posted:

It's a great fit for meat substitutes because it's a fine ground meat texture with a ton of the flavor coming from garlic/seasoning.