Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I usually preorder through Best Buy ‘cuz there’s one a half-mile from my apartment and drat if it doesn’t feel great to just stroll down the street on release day to pick that poo poo up

…unless of course it’s Prime Remastered and I failed to pre-order before they sold out :sigh: oh well, as long as UPS doesn’t gently caress up I’ll have it in hand on Monday :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

looks like ill be getting my copy from gamestop later this evening or perhaps tomorrow depending on when the shipment arrives :D

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

I have mine preordered on GameStop.com and it just says “awaiting product availability” so who knows. Might stroll into the local store or Walmart and see if there’s one actually on shelves.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

I’ll buy the Pizza game when it comes to switch

same

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought my Prime copy would come today since I literally preordered the second Wario64 posted an Amazon link but it says March 27 now. Oh well, I waited 20 years, I can wait another month.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Prime Remastered is impossible to get it seems in Boston, MA too. The Brookline Gamestop never received shipment, and other stores like Target and Best Buy either don’t have it, or moved its release date to March. Don’t think I’ll have any luck getting a physical copy anywhere for a while.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Simply envision yourself as a zero turn mower.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1628394306615808001?t=15V5NWsU6-n9EJPMXB510g&s=19

:toot:

Movie's supposedly 92 minutes, too :cool:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

TheScott2K posted:

Oh man that'd be great news. So everybody gets one.

lmao I'm pretty sure I saw you completely poo poo on some redditor trying to get a Switch working.

"How have you gotten this far as a pc gamer with zero sense of trouble shooting?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Tesh posted:

I have mine preordered on GameStop.com and it just says “awaiting product availability” so who knows. Might stroll into the local store or Walmart and see if there’s one actually on shelves.

I couldn't find a copy anywhere.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Movie's supposedly 92 minutes, too :cool:

At this point we have like half of that in trailers lol

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I can forgive a lot if a movie is a tight 90 minutes. Perfect length for a popcorn film.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
This is probably gonna be my daughter's first movie in a theater.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Sonic 1 was my last movie before COVID struck, only appropriate if Mario is my first film since then.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I was ready to impulse buy Metroid prime today but eh I should probably finally get to Metroid Dread instead since I already have that installed

Which is one is snappier/quicker to beat or any reason to play either first? I'm guessing it doesn't matter since they're action games and play relatively different at that. I should just go with the one I already paid for probably

I'm just three chapters away from finally wrapping up FE Engage, what a bad rear end game. Makes me wanna give FE 3 houses another shake soon

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Sonic 1 was my last movie before COVID struck, only appropriate if Mario is my first film since then.

If you liked Sonic 1 you should definitely see Sonic 2, felt much more like a Sonic movie and instead of a buddy roadtrip movie

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Beastie posted:

lmao I'm pretty sure I saw you completely poo poo on some redditor trying to get a Switch working.

"How have you gotten this far as a pc gamer with zero sense of trouble shooting?

Seriously though HOW

bro's getting flummoxed by hooking up a dock, it's 2 loving plugs

e: Alright I sound like an rear end in a top hat, so here's the context. Guy posts a photo of his SWOLED in the dock, screen on, one visible cable coming out the back. He's like "it's not coming on the screen." Whole thread is like "you need a power cable too, can't just be HDMI." A billion people in the thread say that, he replies to all of them with something like "ok, got it, there's a power cable in there now, still isn't working." He switches HDMI cables a few times, still isn't working. He mentions somewhere that it's just some random USB-C charger he's using for power, and then he does the thing that annoys me more than anything when someone on the internet asks for help troubleshooting - he disengages right when the solution is in sight.

Everybody in here has a Switch, everybody in here knows, unless you've got a really really good USB-C charger, you should probably use the OEM one Nintendo gave you. It's got a Nintendo logo on it, they played a little fast and loose with the USB standard, and if it's not working and you're not using it, you should probably try using it. Guy's kid apparently doesn't care anymore, so he won't even bother. People asking if it's the OEM one, if he's tried the OEM one, he just replies to all of them, "I don't know, doesn't matter." This motherfucker got all these people trying to help him, and they shouldn't have bothered. Then I saw him say he was a "PC gamer mainly" and yeah, I Had Questions.

Also I believe I worded it "How have you survived as a PC gamer with no sense of troubleshooting?"

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 22, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

KingSlime posted:

I was ready to impulse buy Metroid prime today but eh I should probably finally get to Metroid Dread instead since I already have that installed

Which is one is snappier/quicker to beat or any reason to play either first? I'm guessing it doesn't matter since they're action games and play relatively different at that. I should just go with the one I already paid for probably

I'm just three chapters away from finally wrapping up FE Engage, what a bad rear end game. Makes me wanna give FE 3 houses another shake soon

Play both.

I mean play Dread first since you own it already and it's pretty short (I'd say a decent bit shorter than Prime), but play Prime after.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

Prime takes place a good deal before Dread, if you care about that, but it doesn’t really matter. You’d get the most out of Dread if you played Zero Mission, Samus Returns, Super and especially Fusion before it.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I never feel like I’m playing River city ransom… correctly? Just grinding for coins and limping back to town after getting my rear end kicked.

There is so much poo poo to purchase in the shops. Outside of the obvious punch/kick/upgrades, any strategies?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KingSlime posted:

"Snappy" is not a word I would use to describe Prime, so if that's what you're looking for, then def play Dread first. Double especially since you already have it. But definitely also play Prime. It is a brilliant excellent masterpiece of a game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Escape Goat posted:

I never feel like I’m playing River city ransom… correctly? Just grinding for coins and limping back to town after getting my rear end kicked.

There is so much poo poo to purchase in the shops. Outside of the obvious punch/kick/upgrades, any strategies?

Aside from stamina and maybe willpower, every stat you increase stays increased. That means the general loop is...

1. Beat up enemies
2. Get their money
3. Buy stuff to gradually upgrade your character
4. Repeat

However, there are bosses that you have to beat. IIRC, a boss won't appear until the previous boss has been defeated. Also worth noting, the boss you beat up in the warehouse will tell you that Blade is in Sherman Park. This is the only time where you HAVE to backtrack, progression-wise (obviously, if you want to go back to certain stores, backtrack to your heart's content).

Also also, buy the fighting books and don't throw them away. Dragon Feet and Grand Slam are my favourites, and Acro Circus is drat fun to use.

Eventually, you'll be a loving nimble tank. You'll need all of that if you're going to take on Otis, the twins, and Simon.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Thanks for the advice y'all yep I started a fresh Dread file during lunch. Prime can be my reward for beating another game in my backlog.

Dread has to be the most high fidelity shiniest metroidvania yet right? Looks great on handheld

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aside from stamina and maybe willpower, every stat you increase stays increased. That means the general loop is...

1. Beat up enemies
2. Get their money
3. Buy stuff to gradually upgrade your character
4. Repeat

However, there are bosses that you have to beat. IIRC, a boss won't appear until the previous boss has been defeated. Also worth noting, the boss you beat up in the warehouse will tell you that Blade is in Sherman Park. This is the only time where you HAVE to backtrack, progression-wise (obviously, if you want to go back to certain stores, backtrack to your heart's content).

Also also, buy the fighting books and don't throw them away. Dragon Feet and Grand Slam are my favourites, and Acro Circus is drat fun to use.

Eventually, you'll be a loving nimble tank. You'll need all of that if you're going to take on Otis, the twins, and Simon.

The buffs from food are permanent? Okay that changes things!

I bought the first three fighting books and I think took out the first 3 bosses incl. the back tracking one, so I guess I'll just keep grinding.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

External Organs posted:

This is probably gonna be my daughter's first movie in a theater.

My son's first. Can't wait.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can we at least all agree that if the Mario movie bombs then we can blame and guillotine Chris Pratt?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Can we at least all agree that if the Mario movie bombs then we can blame and guillotine Chris Pratt?

why are we putting conditions in guillotining Chris Pratt?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think we should brutally murder Chris Pratt.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
regular murder will suffice

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mario games will not be voiced by Chris Pratt so what's the problem?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

regular murder will suffice

the Nintendo Switch is a family console and should not murder anyone. #SorryNotSorry

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Im having a hard time imagining a 2023 Internet without a full blown and convincing-enough AI Martinet redub literal hours after the movie leaks, and a day or two at most before we see the actual talent taking a crack at it

I just hope a diehard Captain Lou Albano impressions guy is out there and feels inspired like hell

you can do it Captain Lou guy

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Escape Goat posted:

The buffs from food are permanent? Okay that changes things!

I bought the first three fighting books and I think took out the first 3 bosses incl. the back tracking one, so I guess I'll just keep grinding.

Yeah, it's a whole thing, going to shops to learn what some foods do compared to others.

While each book has an ability, don't go crazy with them; you have limited inventory space and the books need to stay in there for their effect to work. Same with the shoes and maybe a few other items.

Also, getting take-out and keeping it with you is extremely useful. Beating up the twins and then downing two Merv Burgers will always be ridiculous but helpful.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
I wonder if Nintendo will release a home and portable console next gen or if they'll just go Switch Pro to extend it's success/life.

I recently picked up another 3DS (a pre-owned *new* smallboi) and find myself more able/willing to being it places due to clamshell and general size.

Honestly, a 720p 3D stereoscopic clamshell (somehow with a regular analog stick) would be the beez kneez.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

how is terraria on switch?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Got one on the first try. 2 more left too.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

23 Skidoo posted:

I wonder if Nintendo will release a home and portable console next gen or if they'll just go Switch Pro to extend it's success/life.

Considering how hard Nintendo tries to avoid head-on competition with Sony and how well they do in the portable space I can't imagine they wouldn't just keep on with some variation of the Switch formula.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They have like no real competition with portables, I can't imagine they'd split off and do portable/console again like in the DS era but weirder things have happened.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They have like no real competition with portables, I can't imagine they'd split off and do portable/console again like in the DS era but weirder things have happened.
they'd probably have to out-produce square enix in games per year if they wanted to do that because right now they're only releasing enough games for one console. it's like miyamoto once said: "But if today is here for tomorrow, vacillating in the "blood" is karma's reward of the hero."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Switch is a pretty good portable but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss the dedicated Nintendo handheld. Sensibly sized handhelds are a thing of the past, even the lite is a smidge too big to toss in a coat pocket